Chapter 54: Blackmail

Akako's POV

I smile and hold onto Mikan-nee's hand as she pulls me into a run. She's very excited about the Alice sports festival since her old school only had it once a year. "Mikan-nee! You might trip, be careful!" I warn her as she keeps running. When arrive at the meeting spot and Mikan's eyes sparkle as she looks around. We're running towards where everyone is supposed to go after getting dressed in the sports day attire. We're all wearing Gakuen Alice sweatshirts and shorts, but the shorts that the girls wear are more like the bottoms of a swimsuit.

We go to sit down on the floor as Sakurano-Senpai and Imai-Senpai begin to read off the rules for the newbies. Each person receives an Alice seal during the games, and you're only able to use your Alice three times. If you use it more than three times, your team will get points taken away and will receive punishment as well.

"Rule #1: You may not use any Alices to harm anyone." Imai-Senpai begins, "Even if someone gets hurt and you didn't hit them directly with your Alice, you will still get punished." I shiver at his words. 'Imai-San is scary... Like someone else I know.' I lean forward to look over at Hotaru who happens to glance at me. I immediately tense up and face forward, probably confusing my friend, but I'm frightened to look back over at her.

"Rule #2: If you use your Alice more than three times, you will get immediately disqualified." I nod and lean myself against Mikan-nee so that I can rest. My back was hurting from sitting on the floor, but since Ruka isn't here I can't use him as furniture.

'Or can I...?'

After a few moments, I get situated and continue to listen to the announcements. I sigh and get comfortable on Mikan-nee's legs as well as Ruka's, who I found in the crowd and dragged back. "If you lose your sticker, your team will be punished. These are special seals and can only be taken off when the event is over. The sticker will glow each time you use your Alice. After three times, the Alice sticker becomes an Alice controller. These are the rules, please follow them so that we can have an enjoyable sports day. Have fun and do your best."

Ruka goes away to his team afterwards, while Mikan-nee is smiling and getting excited, "Everyone do your best~!" She cheers, making me smile.

"The sports day here is different than other schools." I jump in fright at the sudden appearance of Imai-Senpai. I forgot that he was the representative of the latent abilities class. I slowly ease myself behind Mikan-nee so that I can hide from the scary Senpai. "It's a war of the minds and how to use your Alice best. Winning or losing is mostly based on the strategy of the team." He says before turning his sharp gaze towards Hotaru's direction. At that moment, Hotaru looks over with her scary look as well, "Knowing your opponents Alice and understanding your own Alice are the keys to winning and ruling sports day!"

I shiver from the intensity of the Imai siblings interaction. "From now on, until the end of the sports day competition, there will be no interacting with the technical and somatic class." I look to my left and see Mikan-nee standing there, white and shocked. I look at her face and frown when she doesn't make anymore movements, I poke her cheek and watch as she floats to the ground like paper. "Mikan-nee!" I shout in fear while trying to make her human again.

"Let's go." Imai-Senpai orders while grabbing Mikan-nee by the collar and begins to drag her away. He also grabs me by my collar, but I hang there limply because I don't want to argue with such a scary person. Mikan, however, begins to struggle and cries for Hotaru.

I watch in fear with puppy dog ears as Hotaru looks at us with a scary gleam in her eye, "Goodbye, Sakuras'. The next time we meet will be on the battlefield."

I continue to sway from Imai-Senpai's hand as we pass by Sakurano-Senpai who speaks again, "Oh! I forgot to mention. Whoever the winner is, will receive luxurious and special treatment! So work hard, everyone!" I tremble in fear and cling to Mikan-nee's body like a koala does to a tree, as I watch a fire around Imai-senpai and Hotaru glow brighter at the mention of special treatment.