Chapter 81: The birth of Mikan and Akako*

Kaoru lays on the couch and stares up at the ceiling, wondering where her young friend could possibly be. She was resting, arms behind her head as her mind churned with worries.

"Yuka... really, where are you?" Kaoru sighs and rests a hand on her forehead. "Is that child that you carry safe too?" An image of the smiling girl appears in her mind.

Her husband sits on the back of the couch and stares at her for a moment, "Kaoru-San too. You're carrying a child too, so please don't do anything rash, okay?" He smiles, wanting his wife and child to not be in danger. Kaoru merely waves off his worries, "Hey! Be serious!" He slightly scolds, very much troubled by the thought of his wife being unwell, "Just remember that you collapsed while working." He reminds Kaoru. Apparently, while in the middle of work, Kairy fainted and was sent home.

Kaoru's expression changes as she bolts upright. Using her Alice, she stares into thin air in disbelief as she senses something. The sudden action causes her husband to shout in surprise. "K-Kaoru-San?"

"Yuka..." the name slowly comes from her mouth, "Yeah. Right now in this building..." Kaoru mutters, quickly rising from her sofa and running towards her apartment door as a feeling of hope and desperation envelopes her heart. "I sense Yuka."

"Kaoru-San, please don't run!" Hyuuga-San chases after Kaoru as she makes her way out into the hallway. There, they see a disguised Yuka, tummy plump and collapsed on the ground.

"Yuka...!" The woman runs forward and falls as well as she embraces her best friend. She was so relieved to know that the younger girl was not in danger or injured. Relief also fills Yuka as she sees the comforting sight of her older sister figure. Hot tears roll down her cheeks as she smiles in glee, hugging her friend tightly. "K.... Kaoru-Senpai!"

Yuka lays her head on Kaoru's chest as she continues to cry. "I'm so sorry, Kaoru-Senpai. I had no plans to come here but... I'm so afraid... I couldn't be alone." Yuka admits.

Kaoru shakes her head before taking Yuka's face into her hands, "Idiot! Don't think that you're causing trouble! You made me worry..." She scolds, taking Yuka into their home and asking her husband to grab her some hot water and a towel. "Your tummy, this... your water has broken! If I take you to the hospital, they'll trace you..." Kaoru runs through many ideas and possibilities in her head before coming to a conclusion. "We'll do the labor here! Hang on.. Yuka!"

Yuka whimpers in fear as painful contractions stab her lower abdomen but the young woman trusts her senpai, "I've read books about child laboring!" Kaoru assures Yuka.

Soon, Yuka has her eyes closed. A vision is implanted in her mind.

"Yuka, you did well... really you were great. Look! It's a cute girl!" An image of Izumi holding a baby. "It's Mikan."

"Yuka! I see another head! You have to push again!" Kaoru shouts, causing the younger woman to panic before doing her best to push another unsuspected child out. Kaoru holds the other baby as Yuka sweats heavily.

"Twins. Two beautiful twins." The ravenette smiles before her face drops. She grabs a pillow and sets it on the ground, gently placing the smaller baby on the cushion. She places two fingers on the chest of the baby before repeatedly pressing down with gentle pressure.

"Kaoru-Senpai! Wha.. what's wrong with her?" Yuka begins to panic for her baby.

Kaoru doesn't answer and curses under her breath when the small child is still not breathing. In the background, the older infant cries harshly. Yuka watches in absolute horror as Kaoru attempts to revive her second baby, hands covering her broken-hearted face in fear.