Chapter 40: The Hanahime Den

3rd Person's POV

"I'm so sorry that your daughter was cursed with this type of alice... Yuka-senpai.." The blonde man sighs, "But at least she's surrounded by his presence in her sister.."

He gently wipes the blood away with a napkin causing the girl to stir in her slumber. He stares down at the small girl as she cuddles with Natsume, her face twists in pain before she sighs in content and smiles. "Nee-chan...." Narumi's heart aches at her.

Akako takes too much on herself. She never allows herself to be the younger sister, that she is; even Narumi has ever only had small glances of her in her vulnerable state.

"Chichi..." His heart stops.. could she possibly be dreaming of her father? Is that even possible? He turns away, memories of the past hitting him like a ton of bricks; he's used to always being reminded because the two young girls are mirror images of their parents.

"Sensei!"
"Yuka-Senpai..."
"No!"
"Narumi!"
"Senpai!"

He walks towards the door as Akako continues to mumble in her sleep, she mumbles each one of her friends names and those dear to her. Narumi watches her a little longer as the names roll off her tongue. He notices a slight movement in the bed and tenses, hoping neither of the kids are waking up, but he relaxes when he notices that it was just the two hugging each other closer while they sleep.

"Shut up, baka...." Narumi sweat drops at the words of a sleeping Natsume, even while they were asleep Akako managed to annoy her close friend. Narumi turns to leave, he opens the door and steps out, but not before hearing the end of Natsume's sentence, "Mamori tai..."

///

Comment what that means if you've googled it, so that I know you're actually interested!😁😉😘

///

Akako's POV

"What do they mean... as females..?" I sweat as I try to inch away from Natsume who seems to have a murderous aura around him, it's rather difficult though seeing as we're conjoined at the hip. "I'm afraid, Onee-chan!" I cry and hug my older sister, she hugs me back but I can see her crying as well.

"Me too....." She sobs as Natsume glares at the both of us.

I'm pulled behind a curtain so that me and Natsume could get dressed in the Kimonos that the Hanahime sent to us. As I'm getting dressed with the help of Mikan-nee and Sumire, I begin to grow rather worried.

Now that I think about it, I should be more on guard then I originally planned.. I didn't want to think of it, but ever since we started talking about all of this Hanahime stuff Natsume has been acting weird. He's been more focused and thinking to himself more than usual. I also noticed that he's looking to the left a lot and is not as attentive to me, Ruka, or Yō-chan as much as he usually is. I'm not saying that he fusses over us all the time, but any time someone speaks to us or goes near us he usually glances at us to see if we're okay or his head slightly tilts in our direction in case he hears something like a threat.

"Akako-chan!" I snap out of it when I'm hit on the head, I blink to get my bearings and then notice everyone looking at me. I turn my head to see that Hotaru had shot me with her baka gun.

"Wha-?" I then lay my eyes on my boys who are looking at me in concern and light up, "Oh my gooooossshh!!!! You all look so cute! You three make pretty girls! You should cross dress more often!"

Everyone in the room goes white and begin to sweat, Tsubasa-Senpai mumbling about how they already discussed that. I get pinched on the cheek by an angry looking Natsume who starts scolding me for being an idiot and saying insulting things like that.

"But it was a compliment! I said you guys look great as girls!" that earns me a flick on the forehead, "That's not a compliment, you moron!"

I cry and hug Ruka, hoping that being around him will calm Natsume down. "You were kind of asking for it, Butterfly..." Ruka gives me a pitying smile.

"I was trying to be nice.." I mumble but smile when I see Mikan and Hotaru, "You two look kawaiiiiii!!" I squeal and drag Natsume towards them, I then begin to sheepishly smile when Misaki-Senpai compliments me.

I feel a burning gaze on me and turn to see Ruka speaking to Natsume but Natsume is looking down at me. Sensing his worry at my zoning out, I give him my best smile, "This will be fun! Let's have a good time, kay? Nat~su~me~!" His eyes widen before his face slightly relaxes.

"Time to go!"

///

We just arrived and are being led up a grand staircase as many females whisper about us. They begin saying such mean things about Nee-chan, I can feel my face go red from anger. We continue up the stairs but I stop when I notice that Mikan isn't with me. "Nee-chan?" I look around and see Mikan looking over the railing at the sea of women.

"Nee-cha-!" Natsume tries to continue going up the stairs but I try to go the other way. "What the hell are you doing?" Natsume glares at me.

"Mikan is down there, She'll get lost if we leave her!" now it's my turn to glare at Natsume, he looks into my eyes for a moment as I look into his serious eyes that most people would describe as violent. He must see something because he sighs and begins to drag me towards Mikan.

"I can't hear you!" Mikan shouts into the crowd, but she looks away when I place my hand on her shoulder, "Akako?" She looks at me in surprise.

"Hurry up, Mikan. We'll get forgotten if we get too far behind." She gives a nod and then Natsume starts to drag us both up the stairs. Mikan and I complain as he calls us 'baka twins'.

"Who were you talking to, Mikan-nee?" I ask as I allow Natsume to pull me, whereas Mikan is still struggling.

"My friend was in the crowd, she tried telling me something but I couldn't hear her over the noise..." She deflates a little.

We catch up to the others as they open a door which reveals many other open doors that forms a long hallway. "Sugoi!" Mikan and I exclaim as we begin to walk down the hallway before arriving at a final door.

It's opened and reveals many young women with the MSP at the very front. We take a step in and immediately me and Mikan are in awe of the place. Some of the girls giggle at our reactions while others whisper nothings about us. They speak of how Mikan and I are amusing, they then begin to speak of how Beautiful Hotaru is.

"My... Your beauty is even grander than the rumors say!" The MSP smiles.

"Yes." I feel my face drop at Hotaru's bland answer, Could she be anymore blunt or cocky? ... The answer to that is yes. Yes she can.

"Hii-sama, you're drooling.." A hanahime Princess scolds, making the MSP wipe her mouth.

Seeing that makes all my friends cringe away from her, I stare at them in confusion as Mikan and Ruka-pyon shield me from her. Mikan-nee pats my head as Ruka tells me to not go near her.

"Ah. What a surprise, Hyuuga Natsume and Sakura Akako... here together." Hii-sama narrows her eyes at us. A nagging feeling enters me, making me stare back with caution.

Something is up...... why is she so interested? I wonder if her intentions are similar to that of the ESP, it's no secret to the other school principals what the ESP does. I have been known but neither the MSP nor the HSP have done anything to help me or Natsume...

"Let the banquet begin!" Hanahime's cheer.

I don't think I'll be able to have fun with my friends like I had hoped..