Chapter 62: Soul shuffle pt. 1

3rd persons POV

Akako walks alongside Mikan and Hotaru, smiles plastered on their faces. Well, not Hotaru. Her face was rid of emotion as usual.

The spring semester has ended and they are transitioning into summer. Everyone is wearing the provided summer uniform which is just a white button up shirt accompanied with a skirt for girls and shorts for boys.

"Everyone looks so great in their summer uniforms!" Mikan's eyes sparkle as she compliments her friends.

Hotaru and Sumire pull Akako away as Mikan and Yuu exchange compliments with each other.

"Hi, SAKURA!" Mikan cries in shock as she's kicked to the ground from behind. She turns to see Koko and Kitsuneme standing there. "Oops, we kicked her!" They snicker. They loved messing with and teasing the older twin.

Meanwhile, Akako exclaims in worry in the background. "Mikan-neeeeeee!" She runs toward the girl, putting a bandaid on a bump that was forming.

"Eh?" Akako looks up in surprise after sending someone's presence, but smiles grandly when she sees her friend, "Ohayo, Ruka-pyon!"

At her sisters words, Mikan looks up to meet the boys eyes. She blushes at his sudden appearance, flustered at how she must appear at the moment.

"R-Ruka-pyon! Hello!" She shouts and flies towards her feet. Akako looks up at her sister in confusion, seeing as she was in the ground in pain a moment ago and is now smiling.

The boy gives both girls a gentle smile, "Good morning, Sakura. Good morning, Akako-Chan."

"Ruka, you look great in your uniform! Are you excited for the warm weather?" Akako asks and stands as she nudges her sister closer towards Ruka, making the heat race towards Mikan's face once more.

"Ah!" The blonde boy nods, "It can be refreshing." He looks towards the brunette who is standing right in front of him as he adjusts his book bag, "Ne, Sakura. Are you excited?"

When she doesn't respond, Akako and Ruka get a little closer. "Nee-Chan?"

They stare at her, others gathering and waiting for the brunette to come out of her daydream of happiness or worry. They'll know which one it is once she's back. Suddenly Mikan blinks. Her eyes adjust and her heart races as she sees Ruka's face right in front of hers. She screeches and slides away from the circle that has gathered, "IM NOT READY TO GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!"

It's now Ruka's turn to blush, "W-W-W-W-What?!"

Mikan pauses and looks all around to see her classmates watching her. Her eyes land on a blushing Ruka, causing her to panic.

"I'm going on a ten mile run! See you guys in class!" She takes off in a sprint, resulting in a puff of smoke where she used to be.

Others comment on her actions, but two blondes are standing next to one another as they stare at the retreating girl. One is ready to sink into the ground from embarrassment  while the other has a Cheshire Cat grin.

"Ne, Ruka-pyon." Akako begins walking away, her hands clasped behind her back. "Please don't propose to my sister until we have graduated! It will be amazing to have you as my brother-in-law, but not right now." She smiles cheekily, making Ruka glare at her.

"What are you talking about?!" He runs to catch up to her, "You don't even know what proposing means! At least last time I checked you didn't... has Sumire been blabbering in your ear again?!" He keeps pestering his best friend as she giggles. They walk to class together, bickering the whole way.

Everyone has made amends with the Sakura Twins and now know that Luna was the one who caused all of those instances. Almost everything has gone back to normal!