Chapter 7: Yō-Chan

Akako's POV

"Hey, get up dummy." I stir when I feel someone somewhat lightly kick me in the side. "Owww." I whine as I open my eyes and see Natsume standing above me.

"What do you want? How dare you interrupt my sleeping time." I glare.

"It's getting late, it's time to head to the dorms and prepare for supper." He rolls his eyes and starts to walk away. I scramble up and chase after him, seeing as it's getting dark.

"He-Hey! Wait up!" I call out as I reach him. As we're walking, my legs start to shake and I look around.

"What are you doing, Baka?"

I turn to glare at him when I hear a noise come from my other side. I jump in fright and turn towards the trees.

"Did you hear that?" My voice trembles as I think of the boogie monster coming after me.

"There's nothing there, stupid head." He shakes his head and we continue walking, "It's not my fault. I can get paranoid..." I say while still looking around.

I keep scanning my surroundings in fright when a bird tweeting makes me jump again. I'm searching the dark for any monsters that'll jump out when my hand suddenly gets warm. I look down to see Natsume's hand gripping mine as he pulls me towards the school.

"You're getting annoying. Hurry up." Is all he says and I grip his hand tightly and keep walking.

We make it to the dormitory but some lights are shut off and I keep a grip on Natsume. I'm watching the walls that have shadows and making sure that no shadow monsters pop out of them.

"Natsume, do you think there's anybody here with us?" I tremble while looking all around us. He sighs and keeps walking, "There's nobody here. Don't get your panties in a twist."

I glare at him and lightly hit him in the arm, "Don't say things like that! It's very rude." I lecture and he doesn't answer.

"Did you hear me? I sa-" I'm cut off when he shushes me. I freeze and look around, "Is there a monster?" I whisper gripping his hand tighter than ever.

"Maybe." He mumbles while we keep walking, I keep my ears open and keep looking around when I stop causing him to stop as well.

"You just said that to scare me, didn't you?" I glare at him while he keeps his usual face. "Yes." He answers and starts to drag me.

"Ugh!!" I groan and he walks us up to our rooms. I quickly run towards my room and open the door to turn the light on as fast as I can. "Whooh." I sigh and smile.

"That's better." I put my hands in my hips then turn to wave at Natsume, "I'll see you down at dinner." I smile and close my door.

I get dressed in a different set of pajamas and put on a jacket so that I won't get cold. I'm about to leave when I decide to wait a little and sit on the couch. I went to grab something from a shelf and walked towards the couch with a blanket, I curled up on it and opened a book that I brought from when I left my home town.

I open it and see a lot of pictures of me, Aoi, Ruka, and Natsume. There's a lot of us at school or town events together and at the park a lot, there are also some of us sleeping at each other's houses. I gently touch a picture that I'm assuming Sakamoto-ObaaChan took. It's of me, Aoi, Ruka, and Natsume all curled up on the couch together.

I remember that because we had a sleepover at my house and fell asleep while watching movies. Looking at that photo, I feel my eyes start to get heavy and my head starts to nod off to the side. Soon I fall asleep with the image of me and my best friends together.