Chapter 63: Soul shuffle pt. 2

3rd persons POV

"Everyone! There's been another soul exchange!" 'Sumire' runs up to the trio. While Iinchō-Natsume was chasing after bear-Koko, Koko-Sumire had run towards them.

So now:
Iinchō was in Sumire's body.
Koko was in his own body.
Bear was in Natsume's body.

Mikan shrieks in surprise as she is now back in her own body and Hotaru is now in Bear's body.

Koko, Mikan, and Akako twirl with one another in celebration at being back in their own bodies. But their celebration is cut short when Iinchō-Sumire speaks.

"Since you three are in your own bodies, your souls should be more stable. Why don't you three go and gather everyone else? We will stay here and wait for the both of you, the search for Bear-Natsume will be postponed."

Mikan attempted to run away with Akako and Koko, but the boy pulled away. Deeming that he wanted to stay with the new and improved -nicer- permy, he stayed alongside Iinchō-Sumire.

Akako was asked to go ahead by Hotaru-Bear, at first Iinchō-Sumire had asked for the both of them, but the talking bear said that she needed to speak with just Mikan.

~Meanwhile~

Natsume was now sitting on a bench, some bruises and cuts as a result of fighting Bear-Natsume to gain his body back. Now Bear was running around in Hotaru's body while beating up others.

Natsume was sitting on the bench, getting accustomed with his body once again. He thinks back to when he was in Akako's body.

All of the pain...
The fogginess that clouded her brain at random spurs of the moment....
Natsume almost fainted at least three times while in her body. He was used to pain and the feeling of nearing death... but Akako... it felt as though her body was going to give out at any second. As though he were on his death bed.

"Natsume..?" A chirpy voice interrupts his thoughts. Low and behold, it was the girl whom seemed on the brink of death.

Natsume looks over and sees a huffing Akako as she runs towards him.

How was she able to handle all of it? How long has she been handling it? Akako seems as though she's as healthy as everyone around her. And the pain that I felt... that was Aka-Chan on a good day..

Akako had run ahead of Mikan as the others had asked and was relieved when she caught sight of the raven haired boy.

He, however, turned his head away in an attempt to pretend that he was not himself. He deemed that it would be too much of a hassle to deal with her right now, seeing as he's thinking and trying to figure things about her out.

Suddenly, Akako grabs him by the collar, forcing him to look at her. Natsume stares into her calculating blue orbs as she processes the situation.

"If you're not Natsume..."

His heart thuds against his chest as the girl leans her face closer.

"Then..."

"Could you be.. Bear?"

Natsume freezes when the girl places a handcuff on him and herself.

She jumps up, glee spreading on her face. "Ya~y! I caught Bear~! Everyone, let's go back to the classr~-?"

Akako attempted to walk away with 'Bear', But Natsume anchored himself on the bench.

She stares at him for a moment, confusion now present on her face. "Eh~? Bear... shouldn't we go.. back...... now?" The girl looks at him in fear as Natsume has a murderous expression.