Chapter 68: Run

Akako's POV

I keep pushing my legs, trying my hardest to ignore the shouts that we left behind as our friends fought the Fuukitai.

As we're running, I gasp and catch Natsume as his legs give out. "Natsume!" I hold him by the shoulders as he catches his breath.

Mikan-Nee and Narumi have stopped as well and look at him in worry. I keep a hold on Natsume, but frown when he shakes his head. "Don't make a fuss about it. I just tripped, let's keep moving."

He lowers his head from my view, but I can clearly see his face painted with pain. He looks as though someone was repeatedly punching him in the gut. "You guys go ahead..." Natsume says.

'What if I healed him? It would make him feel better and be able to run.... but if I do... then I might get even weaker than I am right now.. If I get weak, then both Mikan-nee and Natsume could help me which is better then Mikan-nee and weak me carrying Natsume...'

"Akako-Chan!" Narumi shouts as I cover my hands in water. I place them on Natsume and make the water soak through his clothes, and absorb through his skin. This water should take away Natsume's pain for a while!

"Baka! Stop that!" Natsume shouts and glares at me, slapping my hands away but it's already too late. I can see his face relax in relief but tense once more when he realizes what I have done. "Do you have a death wish?!" Natsume shouts, but I end up falling forward on to him.

"Akako!" I hear my sister call out and I soon feel her lean me backwards and against her.

"I'll buy you guys some time." Narumi tells us, beginning to walk the other way. I would argue, but everything feels like a hazy dream. Mikan-nee talks to Narumi, but I'm not paying attention to anything that they're saying.

'Even though that it will deplete my life source... if I heal myself with water as well, then it should make me feel at least a little better and stronger. I can't be a dead weight to them, not when I'm someone that they're trying to take to hide with Mikan-nee!'

Once again, I activate my Alice, instead healing myself. A cool yet comforting shiver runs through me as the water soaked through my skin and begins to help my body.

"This afternoon... what I was going to tell you and Akako.." Narumi comes and crouches in front of Mikan and I.

I open my eyes since I'm done healing myself. He places a warm hand on my left cheek and one in Mikan's right. He looks at the both of us, his eyes causing me worry.

"Please listen to me, both of you." Narumi grabs our full attention, "Together, let's escape." My heart stops. "Let's live ourside together, the three of us. Since things have turned out like this, it's already impossible for us to continue to live here."

'Wh-What...? Escape... but everyone else.. leaving them.... living with Narumi-Sensei.. the ESP would surely hurt and use Mikan-nee and I don't want her to go through that. I have and I can't imagine her experiencing what I have.'

"Sensei..." I hear Mikan-nee croak.

'This isn't the right time for this... why is everything happening so fast?! I- I can't comprehend anything right now!'

I'm so overwhelmed and don't know what to say. I feel tears brim in my eyes, I don't know what to say!

"I know that this is sudden and may be a rash decision for you but... I want you to accept. I've had enough of watching you two stay in this academy. I can't idly stand by and watch the both of you grow like this."

'I'd be separated... again? Separated from Hotaru, separated from Ruka..... separates from Natsume... all once again?'

"There they are!"