Chapter 85: Welcome back

The MSP sits elegantly, her kimono draped over her so delicately as though her body were made of glass. She sits with her eyes closed, her porcelain face not moving in concentration. "So they've returned..." she hums, disrupting the silence that invoked the room.

"Huh...?" Kakitsubata questions

Her dainty eyes open slowly, "Mikan No Kimi... Chīsana Akai Ume.... they've all returned. It seems that they've returned from the past."

A sudden outburst causes Hii-Sama to look over at the boy distastefully. "Woah! So Cool Blue Sky and the others used time travel to go to the past?!" Hayate exclaims in awe, sitting on the ground like a child who is being told a story.

"What are you still doing here?" She glares at the boy who seems oblivious to her harsh and rude words towards him. Because he helped save Hotaru and came alongside her to the middle school section, Hayate was left behind when the twins, Hotaru, and Natsume were teleported to the high school.

"By the way, where do you plan to return? Since you helped a rebel- Wakamurasaki-San." Kakitsubata questions, referring to him helping Hotaru.

"Well, word of my treachery has most likely already reached the higher ups by now... so wherever I go, I'll get caught." Hayate shrugs matter-of-factly.

"Well then, after receiving punishment... you'll return to the ESP's side?" Kakitsubata raises her eyebrow.

Once again, Hayate seems rather nonchalant about the mention of punishment, "I'm used to punishments so I couldn't care less. It hurts though. Though.... nevertheless, my duties from here on... but I don't want Cool Blue Sky getting hurt." Hayate stares down at small meal that was provided to him, "I don't know what would happen if I disobey them but this time I need to draw a line between right and wrong. I probably won't be able to eat cake anymore as punishment... I don't have a place to return to, yet if I don't return then my colleagues will suffer more." After a moment, he stands and heads for the exit. "Well then, I'll go back after I eat some cake from central town."

Kakitsubata is quiet but looks at the MSP, causing the woman to narrow her eyes. "What's with that look, Kakitsubata?" She questions.

"No, it's nothing.... I've just been thinking it'd be nice to have an obedient chore boy around here. That stray-dog might be simple-minded but I thought he's quite easy to handle." She suggests.

"Who's side are you on..?" Hii-Sama frowns from behind her fan, "Are you trying to start a revolt between the Elementary school principal and I?"

"I'm on Hii-Sama's side." Kakitsubata chuckles.

///

In a dark dungeon, many children sit on the cold hard ground; looking mournful and depressed as they sit in the darkness that few others have experienced. Tobita sits against the wall alongside Misaki, both of their brightness seeming diminished as they're trapped inside the cage. Off a little ways away, Kokoroyomi sits as tears run down his cheeks; his smile that's always planted on his face is wiped clean off.

He continues to shake some of his classmates, "Permy. Kitsuneme-kun." He calls out, desperate to see their eyes open. Both children continue to lay limply on the stone ground, unconscious. "Hey, permy, wake up. Wake up, I said..." he choked.

The fear and despair echoing in his voice reflects the mood of each child in the dungeon. Anna and Nonoko are huddled together as they sit in silence, the fire within each person seeming to dim greatly. Others are comforting each other by huddling together and wrapping arms around friends.

"Mikan-Chan and Akako-Chan... I wonder if they're alright. Natsume-Kun, Hotaru-Chan, Ruka-kun, and Yō-Chan... I wonder how they are." Yuu sighs, pondering aloud. "I wonder what will happen to us from now on..." he worries for every one of them, being the selfless and caring boy that he is, Yuu was frightened for others.