Chapter 22: Ruka's anger

Quota for the next chapter is 15 likes. If we don't reach that, then I'll post in one week. If this chapter gets 15 votes, I'll upload later today.👌🏼

Akako's POV

I decided to skip PE today. I wasn't in the mood and I had to clear my head from what happened at the circus. I sat under a Sakura tree and stare at the clouds.

Why did I react like that? I did want to help that cub, but violence shouldn't have been my first option.

I look up at the sky and let out a sigh.

My eyes travel back down I see a man standing in the trees. When my eyes make contact with him I feel my heart rate accelerate and my head was starts spinning. I feel my cheeks and arms growing tingly from my hyperventilation.

I hear crunching from behind me and my head spins to see what it was.

Just a rabbit...

When I look back the man is gone.

I walk to the classroom and notice something, "Ne, Mikan-nee. Where's Ruka-pyon?"

She looks over at me in confusion before thinking for a moment, "I don't know. He's probably at the barn."

That makes sense.

///

Today I've been sitting in class, Hotaru and Sumire are having a competition. And whoever loses has to watch over Mikan. It's actually quite funny.

In the end, neither of them won, because the mouse ran into Mikan's uniform and she stopped the bet saying that she'd behave.

"Natsume, what's wrong?" I hear Ruka call, I look over and see Natsume shuffle into the room. "Nothing. Don't worry." Natsume comes to his seat next to me and sets his head down.

I stare at him in worry, I gather water in the form of a mist from the air and rest it on his body so that he can't tell. I then make the water glow and give him strength. Hopefully he'll feel better.

"What's your Alice?" I look up and see Mikan asking the sub what his Alice is.

"My Alice isn't all that special..." he looks around awkwardly.

"Tell us what it is!"
"Yeah!"
"Tell us!"

He twiddles his fingers, obviously hesitant to show his Alice. "Promise you won't laugh?"

"Yes, we promise!!" Everyone shouts.

He takes off his glasses and undoes the ribbon that holds his hair back, all of a sudden hair shoots out and grows super long.

Ruka grabs me, as him, Natsume, and Mochiage leave the room.

"Natsume... you didn't seem well back there... Maybe you should go to the hospital?" Ruka says, I can clearly see worry in his face.

"It's nothing." Natsume brushes him off and walks faster.

"Natsume." We hear a voice call out and stop, Natsume's whole body going tense at the sound. "You have work."