Bonus Chapter: Akako's life in the academy

I wipe my eyes of my tears. I absolutely cannot cry! If Ruka-pyon were to see me, he would surely feel awful and guilty even though it's not his fault. And Natsume, he would hit me on the head for crying. But I know that he would try very hard to get me out or trade places with me.

The both of them would most likely have come with me had it not been for their families. But there's no way that I could allow them to be taken away! Not after all of Uncle and Aunt's hard work to keep them safe!

I do feel guilty about giving myself up when the Sakamoto's hid me.

"Ah! Akako~chan! Don't look so sad! You're sure to make a lot of friends!" I look up at the adult who has blonde hair like me.

"Demo, I don't want to go to that school..." I mumble, a little weak from crying since I got in the car. "I like my old school and my friends I had there."

I keep rubbing my eyes while the adult mumbles to a man, "How did this little kitten take down Misaki-Sensei?"

"You should have seen her, Naru. She had almost complete control over her Alice! I'm guessing that she's been in a couple of martial arts classes too or something. But man, she was sweating when we restrained her, she might be the shortening type."

I listen to their conversation, and frown at the last part. Does that mean I won't grow any taller? Natsume already makes fun of my height, I can't imagine not ever growing from now!

I take a moment to look at this "Naru", and it's at that moment that I ask the question that I've been wondering.

"Umm, Naru-Sensei..." I speak, unsure if I'm addressing him correctly. "Are you a man or a woman?"

I sit in curiosity as Naru turns ghost white and sweats. Did I say something wrong?

"Ahahaha.... you're lucky you're cute." Naru chuckles at me, but I sense a dark energy under his smile. "My name is Narumi-Sensei." He says.

"Ah! Gomenesai, Narumi-Sensei!" I bow my head in apology, I'm so embarrassed that I addressed him wrong!

Soon we arrive at the academy and I stare in awe at all of the trees and big buildings. It's all so extravagant! But I mustn't be fooled by the glamour, I need to find my way out as quickly as I can!

///

"Okay, here you go!" Narumi-Sensei opens the door to my new bedroom for me. "Now if you need anything, you tell the dorm mother okay? And don't be afraid to come and find me." He tells me, but I stare at the room in awe.

"This room is so big!" I shout, running towards the bed and setting my stuff down. I then run around the room and marvel at all of the new things.

"Aaaand she's gone again."

I run to my bag and grab another letter before skipping to Narumi-Sensei. "Ne, ne, Narumi-Sensei! Can you please mail this to my grandpa?" I hold out the yellow letter with hearts drawn all over it.

"Um, sure! When did you have the time to write this?" He takes the letter from my hands.

"Oh! I wrote it when we were in that big room! I write it while everyone was talking with each other and pointing at screens!" I grin up at him.

"Akako-chan, you were writing a letter during the presentation to show you how everything works around here?" He smiles down at me, but I just keep grinning at him.

Oops.

"It's okay, I'm sure you'll figure it out as you go!" Narumi-Sensei waves his hands. "Tomorrow you will be introduced to your new classroom. You have your uniform in your closet, now make sure that you get a good night's rest." He says before leaving.