Chapter 10: Being 'Dangerous'

Akako's POV

I look all around headquarters and can't seem to find persona. "Where are you, you slimy slug." I mutter under my breath as I look through windows that lead into rooms.

"Akako. What are you doing wandering around this late?" I hear a voice say from behind me. I turn around and see the person who is the culprit for my friends suffering.

"Persona, te-" I'm cut off with him handing me my mask.

"You want me to stop with that other person, right? Well, I was about to go and grab them, but seeing as you're here." He smiles. I can feel the twisting within my chest but ignore the gut instinct to run away. Instead, I stuff it deep down within and reach forward, taking the mask and sliding it on my face.

///

In the morning, I decide to skip breakfast and just head to class. Natsume and Ruka are probably eating breakfast right now, they always eat early so that nobody messes with them. Meanwhile, I sit in the class and relax in the silence.

After about thirty minutes, footsteps come into the room and I don't bother to open my eyes, "You weren't at breakfast." Ruka says as they sit next to me. A hum escapes my lips and I finally peek my eyes open to look at them but frown once I see that Natsume is wearing his cat mask...

'Persona must have gotten to him.'

There's no way that I can keep letting this happen but I'm not allowed to voice my frustration too much without letting in the fact that I do missions. Instead, I smile, "I wasn't that hungry." They look off and do what they usually do.

'I wish that he didn't have to go through this...'

I'm sitting there and realize how bored I'm getting. An idea comes to my mind and some water appears in the air, I shape it in the form of a bunny and have it 'hop' towards Ruka's.

Ruka's bunny gets confused and carefully crawls towards the water bunny, he goes to sniff the water bunnys face. As soon as he makes contact, water starts to fall off of the part that he touches. I giggle and fix the bunny, the two now hopping around and having fun. Ruka was also laughing because every time they made contact his bunny friend would freak and I'd fix the water bunny.

Natsume didn't seem to mind me and Ruka goofing off.

I made the water evaporate and decided to make the bunny fly. Once other classmates start to walk in, Ruka stops smiling. He looks at Natsume and grabs his bunny. My smile slides off of my face when I notice that Natsume grows more tense. It's like he doesn't want others near us. I think for a little before I grab the manga from his face. I hold it and use wind to make it fly up, then I let it fall and then make it go up again. I did this for a while until Natsume nudges me.

I smile and use a gentle breeze to have it cover Natsume's face again, quickly growing bored and looking around. It's a while before class starts and there's not a lot of students here.

"Nap time!" I announce and lay on top of Natsume and Ruka's laps. They both tense but relax soon, they're used to me using them as props for my relaxation. Natsume pinches my hand and I glare at him, "Oww?" I emphasize.

"You're too bony, it's hurting." He says and I elbow him, "Well maybe you should be more comfortable, y'all aren't the best bed." I say and close my eyes.

"We're not mattresses." A whisper of a grin graces his face when Ruka looks down at me, I open my eyes and pinch his cheek, "No you're not. But y'all are my best friends, so you have to allow me to do things like this." I say and close my eyes again.