Chapter 20: I want to remember

Akako's POV

My eyes open and I see Ruka-kun and Natsume-kun above me as I lay on the ground. I sit up and look at Ruka-kun with wide eyes.

"I've met you before!" I shout at him. He looks at me in shock before turning to Natsume-kun.

"Do you remember me?" Ruka grabs my shoulders, I lower my head in guilt. He seemed so excited, but I only remember that one memory.

"No, gomene. I only remember saying hello to you in a class. You were excited about meeting another Alice, as was I." I feel awful when his excitement dies and his eyes go sad again.

"Oh." He sits in the ground as Natsume-kun turns away and leaves.

"Natsume..." Ruka-kun stares after his friend.

"Gomene, Ruka-kun. I wish I could remember you all, but I can't. When I try, I feel as if I'm going to faint." I feel awful. I don't remember anyone except for these stray memories, and yet they all still feel special to me.

"I always get this weird feeling around everyone..." I trail off as I try to explain to them. "Obviously, around Mikan-nee, I feel safe and loved. But when I'm with everyone... it feels like home. I get really warm inside when I'm in the classroom, and feel like I don't want to leave." I try and figure out the reason, I know I knew everyone, but if they were like family to me... I want to remember them even more.

"I want to remember..." I feel tears form in my eyes, "I want to remember why I feel the way I feel about everyone."

Ruka-kun is silent as a few stray tears escape my eyes. Suddenly I feel warmth in both of my hands, I look down to see Ruka-kun's hand on my right while He frowns.

He's quiet as I sit there and try to calm myself down. "You will remember." Ruka-kun gave me a sad smile.

"How?" I croak out, as a tear falls on my skirt.

"You'll find a way. You always do."

I smile at him, "Hai." I try and blink the tears away, I can do this. It'll be painful, but it's worth it if I can remember everything.

///

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!"

"It might work." I put my hands on my hips.

"But your head will feel like it's exploding!!"

I sweat drop at Mikan-nee. "Uh, Mikan-chan, I don't think it'll be that dramatic." Yuu-kun tells her.

So let me catch you guys up.

Me and Ruka left the tree, and walked back to the classroom.

Once we arrived I was bombarded by Mikan-nee, "Where have you been?! We didn't know where or when you left!" She grabs my face, squishing it.

"I jus wen exporing." I try and say, but it's kinda hard when your mouth is squished together.

Ruka walks past us and sits in his seat next to Natsume-kun, I grab Mikan-nee's wrist and pull her towards the front.

"I have an announcement!" I point my finger in the air, catching the attention of most of the class.

"I want you all to do things that we did in the past, so that I can get my memories back!"

It gets so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

...

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Sumire stands up.

And now we're all caught up.

Everyone starts fighting, some saying that it might work and is worth a shot; others saying that it's too risky and could badly hurt me.