Chapter 11: getting ready for the Alice Festival!

Akako's POV

It's been a day or two since Mikan has arrived and she's been making a lot of ruckus. Well, more than we usually have, seeing as she seems to butt heads with almost everyone in class!

I'm standing while talking to some classmates near Natsume and Ruka when Mikan barges into the room. "I challenge you guys to a game of dodge ball!!" She shouts while holding a ball in her hands.

"Ugh."
"Lame."
"Who'd wanna do that? It's so boring." Everyone groans and refuses.

"Ehhh." Mikan sweat drops then glares at everyone, "Fine, don't. Guess you're just too chicken." She gives them a smug smile.

This mocking of hers seems to trick our classmates and irritate them, "Why- you!" Mochiage stands on the desk and glares at her, "Ne, Natsume-sama. Why don't we give this girl a piece of our minds?" He turns and looks at Natsume. How was it so easy for him to switch up like that? He really doesn't have a strong will if it was that easy to convince him.

"If we win, then you guys have to stop skipping class." Mikan announces and Natsume's posse glares at her.

"And if we win, you have to be our slave." Mochiage retorts.

"Deal." Mikan nods and smiles.

Slightly interested but mostly annoyed, Natsume speaks, "But we use this ball instead." He announces and holds up a ball.  He tosses it to Mikan for her to evaluate it before sliding out of his desk, grabbing my and Ruka's wrists before taking us into the hall. I glance back towards my sister to try and see what ball he gave her but the door closes in front of my fave before I can get a good look. "Natsume, you'll crush her." I pout, but he doesn't look at me, "No, I'll just do a little damage." He says and I give him a hopeless look.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't literally mean it, but I'm doubting him with how much he's not liking Mikan.

"Are you going to be on Natsume's team?" Ruka looks at me. "Well, I don-" I stop talking once I feel a lump in my throat.

I put my face in my elbow and start coughing, it gets so bad that it's almost as if I'm hacking up a frog. "Umm..." I croak out once I finish.

"Are you okay, Akako?" Ruka walks up to me and I hide my arm behind my back. "Yeah, don't worry about me." I clear my throat. "I think I'll have to watch from the sidelines..." I pout and they nod, "You don't seem to be in a good state right now." Ruka says and I nod. I take off my sweater and tie it around my waist.

I'm hoping that the blood won't stain my white shirt. "I'll be right back." I mumble and turn to walk towards the girls bathroom. Once I arrive, I go to the toilet and start coughing again. As I'm coughing I see little spurts of blood drop into the toilet.

'Oh no...'

I flush and go get a drink of water from the fountain, once I've finished I head towards my bed room and head for the bathroom. I start searching for my medicine when I feel like I'm being stabbed in the chest. I fall to my knees and cradle myself. I scream bloody murder as I hold my chest in pain. The door of my room crashes open and our dorm mother rushes in.

"Oh, my! Akako-San!!" She rushes towards me as I cry in pain.

She takes my pills and puts them in my mouth, she then gives me a glass of water and I struggle to even get a drop in my mouth. As soon as the pills are down, she picks me up and takes me to my bed. "Would you like me to get a nurse? Or perhaps Narumi-Sensei?" She looks at me in worry, "Sen-sei.." I force out as I start to fight to breathe.