Chapter 21: The Circus

Akako's POV

I fell asleep a while after Narumi-Sensei left me and Mikan alone. "Mikan-nee, what's your Alice?"

"Nullification." She answers and I start thinking. If I have the elemental Alice, how does Mikan-nee have a different Alice?

"How do you use your Alice?"

"To be honest, I'm not so sure. I'm still learning." She gives me a nervous laugh and scratches the back of her head.

"Really?" I tilt my head, I feel like she would know at least how to trigger it.

"How come me and you have different Alice's?"

"I don't know, I've always wondered that. Maybe Narumi-Sensei can tell us!"

"Yeah...." I trail off and lie backwards. "Mikan-nee." I say as my eyes start to droop.

"Yes, Akako?" She lays down and pushes me slightly, causing me to smile.

"I want to remember you. And I will. I'm determined to remember you and everyone else." I mumble and try to keep my head from nodding off.

"I know, Akako!" She smiles at me, "Go ahead and sleep."

I manage to nod and my head falls in her shoulder.

3rd persons POV

Mikan also ended up falling asleep on the little girls head, as her sisters lay on her shoulder. She is woken up when the door silently closes, and she looks at the door in curiosity.

"Ruka-pyon." She looks at him in surprise. Although she shouldn't be that surprised, Ruka is Akako's best friend.

"How is she?" Ruka sits on the edge of the bed, his eyes darting to the sleeping girl.

"She hasn't gained her memories back, but she will." Mikan smiles and looks at her sister.

"How do you know?" Ruka frowns.

"Akako is smart and wonderful, she has to remember us! Neither of us will stop until she does. She can't not remember us." She explains.

The blonde boy smiles, those two Sakuras were as stubborn as mules. They will not rest until everyone is happy.

They sit there in silence, knowing that there was no stopping anyone from helping Akako regain her memories.

///

It's the weekend and all of the children are wandering around the school. Akako was never alone, when she was alone her heart would race and she would breath hard. So she always had Mikan, Ruka, or Hotaru with her. If they left her side for more than five minutes, she would start to hyperventilate. No one knew why, not even Akako did, but they knew it must be her body reacting to her loved ones.

"Akako-chan!" Mikan shouts and tackles her little sister from behind. "Gah!" Akako falls to the ground with her older sister on top, she looks up at Mikan who is laying on her back and giggles.

"Hi, Nee-chan!" Everyone else looks down at the twins and sigh, "Get off of her, hippo." Hotaru mutters, making Mikan frown at her.

"Hotaruuuuuuu!! Why must you be so mean?!" She instantly hops off her sister, and starts to Anime cry at her best friend.

"Why don't we go to central town?" Mikan grabs Akako's arm, practically begging her.

"Hai!" Akako nods, she's visited the place a few times. It's been almost a week since Akako had lost her memories. Everyone has been working on trying to regain them, but they've only been able to gather bits and pieces for Akako to remember.