Chapter 58: The cheerleading contest!

Akako's POV

"It's finally the cheerleading contest!!" I cheer and jump as Yuu tries to tie a piece of cloth around my head.

"Akako-Chan! I can't place this on your head if you move so much..." He sweats, but I'm too excited!

We're wearing a Gakuran, a traditional Japanese school uniform for males. I gasp in excitement as Misaki-Senpi hands me a box of Pocky, I begin to nibble on a piece and smile up at her as Yuu ties the cloth secure around my head.

"Arigato, Misaki-Senpai." I hear Yuu thank, but I walk over to Mikan-nee and place a piece if pocky in her mouth.

"Ah! Sakuras... a Gakuran..." I look over and smile when I see Ruka.

"Ruka-pyon!" Me and Nee-Chan greet, but I frown and puff my cheeks when I see Natsume. 'I need to speak with him... I have to ask..'

"Nice job in the borrowing race, Sakura-San!" My eyes widen when Luna appears next to Natsume.

I feel Nee-Chan stiffen from beside me and she quickly grabs my hand. I glance at her and see a firm yet scared expression on her face. I probably look ghost white at the moment.

I feel my heart strings pull at my sisters actions, even though she was scared of the unknown and of the actions that Luna might make; she still wants to protect me...

"Nice fireworks, weren't they?" My eyes travel back to Luna and Natsume who are standing very close. "I was watching from afar with Natsume. I wonder who that boy in the mask was..."

My chest aches, 'So he was with Koizumi-San? But..... I for sure thought it was him..... He ran after her? They were together?'

"White team! Hurry and get ready!" I watch as the both of them walk away together, Natsume allowing her to link into his arm. As they're walking, Luna suddenly grabs his hand and holds it, leaning towards him to speak. I lower my gaze and look away, not being able to stand the sight of them being together.

Finally the white team begins to perform. I watch with a slightly scrunched up face as some of our teammates -including Nee-Chan- cheer and praise the white team. They play music, perform acrobatics, and much more! I watch Natsume from my spot, trying to clear my mind of him.

I jump and look over at Mikan-nee in fear as she flips a random table that appeared out of nowhere. "Stop iiiiiiit!" She shouts in anger before turning her glare towards Natsume who is holding a baton. She must have been thinking about Natsume and is annoyed...

"Mikan-NeeChan... you don't need to get so worked up..." I stutter, trying to stop her from getting upset.

I try to calm her down, but my head turns to see Subaru-Senpai taking her words the wrong way, "Yes. Don't let them intimidate you. Focus on what we have practiced and we're sure to win." He gathers up some of our teammates like soldiers and points at a chart.

"Hello, Akako-Chan! ...Mikan-chan.. you two look excited." I look over and smile when I see the older male, "Tono-Senpai!" I smile while hugging my sisters arm.

"Good, the both of you have all three turns of your Alices left. We don't know if we'll need them, but better safe then sorry." He nods after looking at our stars. "Either way, don't forget to preserve them. Though, I don't think we'll be needing them in the cheerleading competition..."

Understanding his words, I nod in determination, "Osu!!" I shout along with Mikan-nee.

"I told you that just 'yes' is fine..."

I ignore his comment and get in the competition mood. I kick my leg up in the air while Mikan-nee, Yuu, Kitsuneme, and Koko strike poses as well. "Hy-ya!" I shout.