Chapter 79: Confessions*

"It's been a while, Yuka-chan."

Yuka turns her head and is shocked when she sees the one and only Luna.

"You've been having quite some fun. I never saw that smile when you were with me." She comments, walking down the empty hallway towards Yuka. "Luna..." Yuka gasps, surprised from not having seen the girl in quite some time.

"Such a waste." The strawberry blonde smirks, knowing that she was about to torture Yuka once more. "As long as you keep smiling, the people around your smiles will start disappearing." Luna smiles, joy filling her at the thought of causing someone pain. "That's almost being insensitive. Yuka-chan is really like a God."

Luna turns around, walking the other way which causes Yuka to shout for her. This causes the girl to smirk, she gave the brunette enough information to make her curious and worry, but not enough to give away the whole story.

"It's just like that. People around you will become unhappy." Luna shrugs. When she sees Yuka's puzzled expression, she laughs. "You really don't know anything? Then I'll tell you." She turns her body to face that of Yuka, "The reason that you've been able to live so happily until now is because of the sacrifices of everyone. Narumi-kun, Igarashi Kaoru, and Sensei have been protecting you and receiving punishment." Yuka's eyes widen and she pales, "You didn't know? Instead of you, they were the ones receiving punishment." She says, matter of factly. "If you had heeded the words of the elementary school principal, none of them would be experiencing such awful memories. Everybody became unhappy because of y-!"

Luna is cut off when someone snatched her wrist. The action draws the attention of both girls only to see their senior.

"Shiki-Senpai..." Luna gasps but stalks off after Shiki and her had a stare down.

The boy then turns to tell Yuka to not fret about Luna, but his words are fallen upon deaf ears as Yuka runs away. She runs as fast as she can to the classroom, slamming the door open once she reaches her destination.

"Yuka." Izumi smiles at the girl, "Its been a while... why do you have such a weird face?" He frowns when he sees despair on her face.

"Sensei... I'm going to go meet the elementary school principal." Yuka trembled, "I can't allow everyone to become sacrifices any longer!"

Izumi's eyes grow as he realizes that Yuka found out about everyone's effort to protect her. Before she can take her leave, he quickly reaches forward and grabs her wrist.

"You can't." He objects.

"Sensei!" Yuka argues.

"What will happen if you go? With the way that old man thinks, you'll never be able to return to the way your life is now." He tries to warn the girl and talk her out of her idiotic plan.

"I'll still go." She shakes her head, being dead set on her mission. "I can't be a bother to Sensei and others anymore."

"No. I said no." The teacher insists, "Because of the rumors of your engagement to Shiki, the elementary school principal's side has been in chaos." Izumi tells Yuka.

"Eh...? That rumor again..." Yuka mutters, not knowing why it has become such a big thing.

"A partner is a partner. They're thinking we're going to do something and will be more on guard than ever. Of course, who you like does not concern me." He spits. This whole conversation has seemed to upset the blonde, especially because of Yuk's rash decision and the rumor of her engagement. "But if you go, there's going to be a harsher punishment." He grabs a piece of chalk to start writing the next lesson on the board.