MY PRINCE - JEONGCHAN

SHIP: Jeongchan

PLOT: Future prince will give his heart to the person who manages to get through the obstacles he puts, but when a hopelessly in love Chan keeps losing, will things change? (based on episodes 1 and 2 of skz code)

WARNINGS: None

REQUEST: ViMInIexJiKoOKiE

CHAN P.O.V.

We all looked at one another as we were dropped off at a strange snowy field, with a hill in the distance. I shivered slightly, my body eager to get used to the new temperature. I looked at my fellow companions.

Minho, Changbin, Hyunjin, Jisung, Felix, and Seungmin. I knew them, I had seen them around the castle, as a knight in training you see lots of people. The three oldest were in the army, I was sure of that, the other three, I saw them with some of the butlers and cooks, maybe they are children of servants or something like that.

They all looked as confused as me, and that felt comforting in some way, knowing I wasn't the only one not knowing what in the world was about to happen.

A few minutes into our confusion, a pair of knights came and spoke the following words:

"Please follow us, future prince Jeongin is eager to see you."

They turned their backs on us, just expecting us to follow them around, which we did.

Soon, the hill was right in front of us, and a little bit closer, an image of pure beauty, I could feel myself blush as his eyes scanned my face, being slightly disappointed when I realized he did the same with the rest of the men there.

He looked as beautiful as always, a cheeky smile on his lips, and his mischievous little eyes, shining bright, probably thinking about some other mess to get in, oh dear, was the future prince an angel.

I had met Jeongin while training. We bumped into each other during sword practice, and amazed by my skills, he asked me to teach him. Turns out the future prince needed basic military training. He told me about how his trainer was rude and yelled at him a lot, feeling pitty and slightly excited, I accepted.

I have to admit, he sucked at first, like it was really bad. Fortunately, and as I could discover, he worked well with kind words and encouragement, and since I am quite a patient person, we advanced quickly. We started talking during water breaks, and slowly I started falling for him; his sweet and childish personality was simply mesmerizing.

The future prince cleared his throat.

"Hello gentlemen, and welcome to this event. Now, before explaining how this is going to work, I have to clear something up. As an observant person I've realized that your gazes towards me have become more loving, and your smiles larger every time I call out your name. Therefore, I want to give you all an opportunity to win my heart. There will be three games, the one who wins the most of them will have my hand in marriage and will become king along with me."

Whispers exploded next to me, but I was too busy being utterly shocked. A chance to marry him, to spoil him and love him until I die? I'm taking it, I'll fight for his love until the end.

"Settle down everyone," the prince said, a soft way to ask for silence, "the first game is rather simple. There is a flag at the top of the hill, seven of them actually, one for each. One by one you go up and grab the flag, and run down in the shortest amount of time possible. The other men have the right to try to stop you, the only thing that will not be permitted is touching your opponent, in any way." He looked at all of us, "We'll go from youngest to oldest, Kim Seungmin, you must go first, you'll have three seconds of advantage."