THUNDERSTORM - JILIX

SHIP: JILIX

PLOT: Felix has always hidden his fear of thunderstorms from his boyfriend Jisung until he can't hide it anymore.

TRIGGER: None.

The whole landscape was dark and gloomy, and gray clouds invaded the sky while rain poured down and sudden flashes of lightning broke the darkness. And shortly after... 

BOOM! Thunder. 

Felix trembled continuously and he felt himself shaking harder every time thunder would sound. He tried holding back his tears but he couldn't anymore and he started sobbing heavily begging for everything to stop.

Suddenly he felt his phone vibrate.

SUNGIE:
Hey, pup I just
finished my work,
I'm coming home now.

BABY LIXIE:
Okay, Sungie,
be safe on your way
home, please.

SUNGIE:
Of course, don't
worry babe, I love you!

BABY LIXIE:
I love you too.

No, there is no way he was telling him, he knew by experience that no one should know about his fear towards storms, his ex-couples had found it annoying and overwhelming, it ended up breaking most of his relationships and he didn't want that, he loved Jisung the most in the world, he could not bear to lose him.

Right now the only thing that mattered to him was calming down and making sure that Jisung wouldn't know. He started to concentrate on his breathing and finally started relaxing.

The fact that the storm seemed to clear out also helped. He heard the front door click and knew Jisung had already arrived home.

"Hey, Lixie, I'm home!"

"Hey, Sungie!" He tried to keep his voice steady but it came out quiet and it almost cracked.

Jisung immediately noticed and headed towards the living room.

"Is everything okay bubs? Why is your voice so shaky?" He looked at his boyfriend and noticed his puffy eyes. "Babe why are your eyes so swollen? Have you been crying?"

Felix got up and went towards the kitchen.

"Of course not, I'm okay."

"Are you sure? Please don't lie to me, Felix."

Felix tensed up, he knew that whenever Jisung would use his name instead of any pet names, things were getting serious. He opened his mouth to respond but suddenly lightning filled the sky. Felix panicked, and a second after...

BOOM! Thunder.

Felix couldn't take it anymore, he crouched on the ground and covered his ears with his small hands, and started sobbing loudly, he didn't care about what Jisung thought anymore, he just wanted the storm to go away.

Jisung's eyes widen suddenly realizing what was going on. He sat in front of Felix's and put his hands over Felix's smaller ones.

He tried to take them off but Felix was so scared, he didn't want to hear anything or anyone. His eyes were shut tight and his breathing was fast.

Jisung sighed and picked Felix up and took him to the living room. He sat Felix on the couch and took his phone. He connected his phone to the Bluetooth speakers and put on some of Felix's favorite songs, he knew that music always helped him relaxed.

However, Felix was still shaking badly and his breaths were short and shaky. He started slowly taking his hands off his ears and relaxed when he heard the music.

Jisung pulled Felix into his embrace and started rubbing the younger's (by one day LOL) back while singing along with the music. Felix hid his head in the crook of the other's neck while trying to steady his breathing. He started to really calm down when suddenly...

BOOM!

Felix squealed and started crying even harder, his breathing accelerating again. Jisung's hold got firmer and he started singing a bit louder hoping that it would distract him but he only felt Felix's breath against his neck getting faster and shorter.

Jisung cupped Felix's face and wiped the tears away.

"Try calming your breathing down precious, you're going to make yourself sick." He pulled Felix's head to rest on his chest. "Just try to focus on the music and my heartbeat, listen to my voice, and just relax hun, the storm is not going to hurt you, and even if it tries to, I'll be here to protect you okay? Always."

A few minutes later, Felix finally started breathing properly.

"Why didn't you tell me you were scared of thunderstorms buttercup?"

Felix shrugged.

"I don't know." He said almost in a whisper.

"Yes you do Lixie, please don't lie to me, just tell me the truth, I'm not going to judge you, baby, I promise."

"I just, I didn't want to tell you because... People have always told me that it was stupid."

"Who told you that bubs?" Jisung asked while frowning.

"Everyone, my family, my friends, and all of my..."

BOOM!

Felix pressed himself against Jisung and Jisung pulled him into a tight hug again.

"Shhh, it's okay sweetheart, the storm is outside and we are inside ok? Now please keep talking."

"Well, Uhm, all of my ex's found annoying and stupid." He said almost in a whisper as he saw Jisung frowning.

"Is that why you didn't tell me? You thought I would think it was childish and stupid?" Jisung asked softly.

Felix nodded feeling guilty.

"I'm sorry for thinking that about you I just was scared that you would think it was stupid and I didn't want to lose you because I really love you and I'm just so-."

Felix was cut off by a sweet pair of lips on his. His eyes widen but he immediately kissed him back. They broke the kiss and Jisung was the first to speak.

"Don't be sorry bubs, everyone is afraid of something. You're always there for me whenever I get scared of heights, so the fair thing to do is me being there for you when storms happen, and that is exactly what I will do okay?" He hugged Felix tightly."I love you so much, don't you ever think that that would change because of your fear of storms okay?"

"Okay Sungie, I love you too."

"Do you want to watch a movie hun?"

"Yes please?"

"Okay, what do you want to watch buttercup?"

"Frozen! (bear with me please.)" Said Felix excitedly.

"Okay bubs, Frozen it is!"

And they put the movie, Felix all cuddled up on top of Jisung, who was cuddling him tightly, rubbing circles on his back. Thunder and lightning would strike now and then, but Jisung always knew how to calm the younger down.

And that's how the evening went by, both of them snuggling, and having a good time, the storm was long forgotten.

WORD COUNT: 1098