BAD LANDING - HYUNSUNG

SHIP: Hyunsung

PLOT: When Hyunjin has a bad landing while in dance practice, Jisung takes matters into his own hands to help his boyfriend feel better.

WARNING: Mentions of pain

REQUEST: Kjdancer1248

HYUNJIN P.O.V.

Dance practice has been intense lately. With the Thunderous MV coming out in a week, plus the release of a new album, we needed to take our choreographies to the next level.

Minho has been more strict than usual lately. Sometimes he gets on everyone's nerves. His grumpy and sarcastic attitude is common when comebacks are nearing, but that doesn't make it easier to handle him.

Thank God we have Chan. Even though he is strict during comebacks, he knows how to calm Minho down when things are getting out of hand. 

This time, during the Thunderous choreography, I had to jump on Jisung's back during the last chorus. Changbin also did the same, but he jumped on Chan's back.

Today, we were focusing on that part specifically. We were good when it came to technique, but we were too slow compared to the tempo of the song. It felt uneasy to try to jump on Sungie's back so quickly, someone's back is not completely a straight, or sable surface, so it was a bit dangerous and complicated.

"Okay, we'll take it from the dance break until the end of the song, Chan and Jisung, remember to keep your center of gravity stable, you'll need it to hold Hyunjin and Changbin up. Hyunjin and Changbin, remember to try to sit in the center of their back, like that it will be easier for them to hold you up. Everyone knows what to do?" Minho asked raising a brow, after we all nodded he clapped his hands, "okay, let's start then."

Everything was going smooth during the dance break, but when it was time to jump on Jisung's back, I tried to but lost my balance because of the material of Jisung sweater, it was too slippery, and I fell on my ankle hearing a crack, I couldn't help it, I yelled in pain.

I closed my eyes tightly waiting for the excruciating pain to subside, also hoping that wouldn't make the rising tears slip down my cheeks. I took a few deep breaths to prevent myself from sobbing my heart out.

"Hyunjin, what happened? Are you okay? What hurts?" I opened my eyes to finds a very worried Minho in front of me, he placed a gentle and on my knee to get my attention, and asked the same question again.

"I-" I was unable to respond without my voice craking.

Chan tapped on Minho's shoulder. They looked at one another and soon enough Chan was where Minho had once been.

"It's okay Jinnie, take a deep breath and take your time, but you have to tell us what hurts okay? It's totally fine if you need to cry, no one here is going to judge you for that."

I nodded at his words, closing my eyes for a second and concentrating on my breathing. I needed some time to actually understand what had happened, it was all so fast, even I couldn't make out a clear story of it.

After a few minutes I opened my eyes and looked at our leader.

"I did fine during the dance break, but when it was time to get on Sung's back I slipped and fell on my ankle..."

Jisung gasped.

"Oh Gosh, I'm sorry Jinnie, I-, I'm truly very sorry, I didn't want you to get hurt... I should've taken my sweater off before starting practice, I'm sorry baby..."

I looked at him, he sat beside me and held my hand tightly. I smiled weakly.

"It's okay, I'm not mad at you, there's no way you could've known, it just hurts really bad," I said, my body started coming back from the initial shock, and I was really starting  to feel the pain now.