Chapter 44

***3 months later***

Danis POV

I look around the room smile, small tears form my eyes and I quickly while them away. The room looks so empty, half of the furniture and all my things are in boxes ready to be moved. I turn around and see Louis standing in the doorway leaning on the door.

"So this is it huh?" He asks, I walk closer to him and nod my head.

"Yep, leave today." I reply, I can see the sadness in his eyes.

"I cant believe you are doing this." He sighs and wraps his arms around me.

"Neither can I." I sigh smiling. Today is the day I go to my first missionary, I am going to Cambodia for a 6 months. After Cambodia I move to Australia and start school at WAPPA. I am actually really excited, I have never done anything like this before in my life.

"Dani you ready?" Caitie yells from down stairs. I take a step back and look at Louis.

"Yeah be down in a minute." I call back to her. I run my hand through my hair and let out a sigh.

"I'm just, going to miss you so much." Louis says and I can see he is fighting his emotions, I let a few tears slip down my face and he cups my face with his hands and wipes them away with his thumbs. He leans and kisses my lips softly. I kiss him back with more passion and I place my hands on his hips.

"I love you." I smile at him.

"More than tea and football." Louis whispers and I giggle and tears fall down my face.

"Hurry up you two or you will miss your flight." Caitie says and we all walk down stairs.

***

I get off the flying death trap and walk through the small airport. I walk through the airport until I see someone holding a sign with my name on it. We walk out the airport in silence and make our way into a car. We chat a little bit until we get to a house a few hours out of town. I get to know this woman a bit, she is in the late thirties and she has been working here for 10 years. Her name is Kelly, she has blue eyes and black hair and she is from America. We walk into the house and I am greeted by a hundred of little kids, some have missing limbs and some look really sick and others look fine, but they all have big smiles on their faces.

"Everyone this is Dani, she will be staying with us for the next six months." Kelly informs the children and they all yell hello to me.

"Hello." I reply waving at them. I could feel a few tears form in my eyes but I refuse to let them fall.

***1 year later***

"Why do you have to go?" Bee says. She was one of the children that I have helped, she was six and she had only one arm. I was meant to leave six months ago but I had asked to stay for longer. It was my first year without caitlin and definitely my first birthday birthday with out her.

"Because I am going to see Louis, and then go to school." I inform her.

"But I don't want you to leave." She says with tears in her eyes.

"I don't want to leave either, but I have too." I say close to tears.

"Promise you will come back to visit." She asks as tears fall from her cheeks.

"I promise and I will bring some presents." I tell her wiping away her tears.

"I love you Dani." She says and hugs me. I hug her back tightly and tears start falling from my eyes. I feel more arms around me and see the rest of the children were giving me a group hug.