Chapter 11

What did Lin Ji mean?

Zhu Xun walked over with furrowed brows, unable to make heads and tails of it.

Speaking of which, Lin Ji and Xiao Ziqi seemed to always have a rift between them? Their relationship had always been bad?

In the film, Zhu Xun was male character #5. He’s been an actor for a long time, but just hasn't been really popular. Struggling in the entertainment circle for over ten years, Zhu Xun already specially gathered his research on this production crew before he joined the group.

Especially things related to Xiao Ziqi. Even before he joined the group, he heard that Xiao Ziqi and CEO Rong had a personal friendship. At the time, he even heard a rumor that the CEO Rong was going to invest in the production group and make Xiao Ziqi the male lead.

But the strange thing was that after he joined the group, he discovered that the CEO Rong really did invest, but the male lead that he wanted was Lin Ji! He didn’t have any relationship with Xiao Ziqi at all.

Even stranger things were to follow.

Not long ago, Yushan Pavilion’s food cart was sent to the film set. Actually that day, Zhu Xun was just ready to find Director Niu to talk about his scenes, therefore, he was standing close by to Director Niu and Lin Ji.

With his own ears, he heard CEO Rong make the phone call. The guy came to visit Lin Ji, so naturally the food cart was sent for Lin Ji’s sake.

Who knew what happened afterwards, but in the end, there were discussions about CEO Rong and Xiao Ziqi’s friendship all over the film set.

It’s not like Zhu Xun had never seen this happen before in the entertainment circle, but to be honest, what Xiao Ziqi did was really a bit low. Then sometime after, CEO Rong came in person to clear up this rumor.

In other words, Lin Ji and Xiao Ziqi were currently directly in conflict with each other?

Many thoughts flipped through his head swiftly, Zhu Xun still looked very natural as he chatted with the assistant while inspecting the safety harness. As he talked, he suddenly noticed that there was a strange hint of anxiety in Xiao Ziqi’s gaze. The other was trying hard to pretend nothing was wrong however, as he slowly headed over little by little.

What exactly was Xiao Ziqi trying to do?

For a second, all kinds of thoughts flashed across Zhu Xun’s mind. However, he forced himself to remain steady and continue what he was doing, as if he didn’t see anything.

A few moments later, Xiao Ziqi’s voice sounded next to him: “Zhu-ge, that Lin Ji wanted to switch so they switched him off just like that, aren’t you angry at him? You have such a good temper. I wouldn’t be able to if it were me. I always thought that Lin Ji was a professional, good actor. Who knew…. Ai.”

He falsely said a bunch of things.

Zhu Xun’s expression didn’t change.

“Lin Ji usually completes all of his scenes in one go. He rarely NGs. His stomach only hurt this one time, for Director Niu to agree to let him rest first is pretty normal. I wouldn’t be able to if it were me. Normally I always NG, I’d be too ashamed to ask.”

What he said wasn’t wrong, but Xiao Ziqi’s face turned purple.

What did this Zhu Xun mean? Was he saying that Xiao Ziqi NG’d too much so he has no speaking rights?

He felt humiliated and angry in his heart, but outwardly, he still stammered about, pretending to suddenly see the light.

“Zhu-ge, what you say is correct. Our acting skills aren’t good enough, so we can’t blame Director Niu for giving Lin Ji special treatments. However, Director Niu often calls Lin Ji into his room to discuss the script. I’m too stupid, or else I’d definitely ask Director Niu to discuss more often with me as well.”