Chapter 106

As it got closer to celebrating Chinese New Year, everywhere was filled with the festive aura. Not only could New Year’s music be heard all over the place, red colored lanterns and ribbons could be seen hanging around every corner. There was an increase in traffic on the highway from people returning home. Even the frequency of airplanes flying overhead increased by a lot.

The atmosphere of Chinese New Year was even thicker.

Settling most of the plans and arrangements for Chinese New Years, Rong Qing finally was able to make some time to meet with Lin Ji.

He just felt… very elated.

However, the weather refused to cooperate.

The two people only met for a little while before a big heavy snow storm started to fall from the sky, interrupting their plans to head out.

Rong Qing looked at the sky, going crazy inside.

What st*pid weather! Daddy wants to go on a date! Soon, Daddy will be too busy to go on dates! You actually picked a time like this to hold daddy back? I’ll k*ll you!

Lin Ji saw the falling snow flakes and felt it was somewhat unfortunate. However, when he turned and saw the terribly furious Rong Qing huffing and puffing, Lin Ji took off his hat and put it on Rong Qing’s head.

“Since it’s like this, why don’t we go to my house? We can make and eat dumplings together, how does that sound? In this kind of weather, it’s best to not go anywhere.”

The snowflake landed on Rong Qing’s ear, melted and was cold enough to make him shiver. He didn’t think much before agreeing: “Then let’s go quickly. It’s so cold outside.”

This st*pid weather! Daddy’s freezing to d*ath!

When they arrived at Lin Ji’s house, Rong Qing couldn’t resist making a wow sound as he entered the door. The room that looked clean and neat previously was still lit up brightly from the windows. Now however, a few small cute lanterns hung above their heads. Every few steps, he could see paper cutouts pasted on the windows. A smiling fortune doll was even placed on the shoe cupboard.

It was as if the Chinese New Year spirit was imprinted on the paper. Rong Qing looked at the surroundings. His body, which was frozen from the snow, felt as if it was touched by some red, shiny aura and slowly began to warm up.

“Yesterday was New Year’s eve. I tidied up a bit and bought some materials for making dumplings.” Lin Ji said smiling as he grabbed a pair of fluffy slippers for Rong Qing to wear, and helped sweep the snow off his body.

“The pig shop sells black pigs. Their meat’s odor isn’t that strong and tastes better than regular pork. I especially picked out a portion that’s most suitable for making dumplings. Also I bought a few spare ribs. If you’re staying late, I could make you some sweet and sour ribs?”

Feet stepping in fluffy and warm slippers, Rong Qing completely didn’t hear what Lin Ji said clearly. He en en en’d a few times in agreement, and ran off giddily into the living room.

He saw a tree with red pouches hanging on it! Did the red pouches have money!?

Seeing him dash towards the red pouch tree, Lin Ji put away his coat while shaking his head. Sometimes he couldn’t hold back from wondering, was he the 20 year old or was Rong Qing the 20 year old.

Crouching in front of the red pouch tree, Rong Qing was shocked.

This tree! These red pouches! There’s actually money inside!

He squeezed the red pouch, then looked sneakily towards the kitchen.

Very good, Lin Ji was currently opening the fridge! He can’t be seen!