Chapter 125

Standing firm and conducting himself with sincerity was something that Xiao Ziqi couldn’t possibly learn to do.

Even now he still couldn’t understand how his gold finger, his ability to control people, was exposed to the public. He hid in a house that even his agent didn’t know about and frantically called the system. But the terrifying reality was that the system did not answer at all.

He paced back and forth in the room like a caged beast, mouth moving crazily. If this scene was seen by anyone else, they’d definitely believe he was insane.

Frantically calling the system again and again, after a while, he finally quieted. If he couldn’t guess that the system had abandoned him by this point, then he’d really be d*mb.

Grinding his teeth, he thought, the agent definitely couldn’t have discovered there was something wrong with him. There must be someone, someone was pushing the wave.

Also the trending search. Where did the agent get the money to buy a trending search spot? Someone was definitely helping him behind the scenes!

Who was it!

He was still thinking of the answer to this question when a loud series of knocking came from outside the door. Xiao Ziqi’s entire body shook. His pupils dilated as he reflexively leaned against the wall and looked at the direction of the door.

Who? Who was it now?

He was still panicking anxiously when a somewhat familiar voice came from outside: “414, open the door. I’m the landlord. I’m collecting the rent!”

Xiao Ziqi subconsciously let out a breath of relief. He quickly grabbed his wallet: “Wait a minute. Don’t knock anymore. I’m coming.”

Holding his wallet, he hastily walked to the door, then paused abruptly. Carefully opening the peephole, he looked outside. Sure enough, it was the landlord’s face from his memories. Letting out a breath of relief, Xiao Ziqi opened the door.

“Don’t move!”

Two people in civilian clothes squeezed the landlord aside and immediately changed inside to restrain Xiao Ziqi.

The landlord was a trap!

Xiao Ziqi never thought that the landlord was actually a trap!

Also, why did these policemen have the right to arrest him!

“Why are you arresting me! I didn’t break the law! I didn’t do anything!” Pressed to the floor, Xiao Ziqi began to struggle madly. He didn’t do anything wrong!

Even if he did increase those people’s good impression of him, they were the ones who voluntarily helped him! He didn’t do anything wrong!

The two people saw he was struggling and sneered: “You’re the suspect of a m*rder. The deceased is Mr.Qin Mo’s father. Even though you didn’t do anything, we have sufficient evidence to suspect you’re the accomplice of this murder case.”

Xiao Ziqi shook all over.

Qin Mo’s father? Qin Mo killed him? What does that have to do with him? He only… he only mentioned it casually! Who would have thought Qin Mo really ended up k*lling him?

After Xiao Ziqi was arrested, this news was immediately exposed online. The information about him being a m*rder accomplice was also revealed.

The entire entertainment circle felt shock after shock.

This was probably the most atrocious news in the last five years! In seconds, whatever fans that Xiao Ziqi had left immediately turned into anti-fans.