Chapter 18

The person who understood you best was your enemy.

Xiao Ziqi noticed bright and early today that Lin Ji emitted an extremely strong aura of low pressure. Since he started paying attention to Lin Ji, he’s never seen this guy like this before. Thinking for a moment, Xiao Ziqi abruptly realized something and flipped out his phone to search for news regarding Rong Qing.

Sure enough!

His eyes lit up as he immediately found Rong Qing’s sensational news. He swept through ten lines in a glance, then the anticipating smile on his face froze where it was.

Song… Song Xian?

Xiao Ziqi only felt this world had become a fantasy.

What’s going on? How could Song Xian and Rong Qing end up together?

Instantly, Xiao Ziqi’s expression blackened just like Lin Ji’s.

As the director, Director Niu discovered very quickly the abnormal behaviors of his two actors.

“Cut!”

Calling the two people in front of him, Director Niu’s face was just as ugly: “Did you guys get in a fight or got robbed last night?” As he berated, he suddenly pointed at Lin Ji for emphasis: “Xiao Ziqi is a lost cause, but what’s going on with you?”

Xiao Ziqi’s color turned darker. What did Director Niu mean by that?

Director Niu really didn’t notice he opened a can of worms. Xiao Ziqi normally NG’d frequently anyways. He really didn’t care about it anymore. On the contrary, Lin Ji, who rarely NG’d, had extremely bad form today, which made him feel irritated.

Lin Ji slightly looked down, releasing low pressure all over and didn’t say anything. This appearance of his was rare to see. Director Niu felt like he was catching sight of something new.

“Director Niu.” Zhu Xun suddenly walked over from the side: “I think Xiao-Lin is probably uncomfortable somewhere. He looks more of a villain than me right now. Last time, didn’t this kid also try to hide it to death, waiting until he really couldn’t handle it before finally saying it out loud? Why don’t you give him some time to rest? It just so happens I had my assistant order some beverages. Everyone can have a drink to freshen up. How does that sound?”

Lin Ji slightly raised his eyes, under his eyes held a hint of suspicion.

Why is Zhu Xun helping him?

When he heard Zhu Xun’s words, Director Niu was willing to give Lin Ji face and took the opportunity to make peace: “Then let’s rest for 30 minutes. Later, touch up on your makeup a bit. Find your filming state of mind again.”

Zhu Xun chuckled while smiling: “Don’t worry, director. They’ll definitely get into the right mood in 30 minutes.” All the while, making signals to Lin Ji with his eyes.

Director Niu momentarily left. Lin Ji was brought to the side by Zhu Xun. Before Zhu Xun opened his mouth, Lin Ji looked oddly at him and asked first in a deep voice: “Why did you help me?”

Zhu Xun saw his face color was still very dark and felt a bit conflicted inside. So the information he researched before wasn't fake. This guy did have quite a temper in private. However, he was returning a debt. In addition, he felt more at ease interacting with this kind of person.

He smiled: “It’s nothing really. Just returning a debt. And plus, helping you is equivalent to helping myself. If you guys keep NGing all day, then I wouldn’t be able to film my scenes.”

All of his parts were after these two’s scenes. If he really had to wait and watch them NG, then he’s afraid he won’t be able to use his already prepared makeup.