Chapter 25

Even if he felt like he’s about to die from being so annoyed inside, Gao Jiaxuan still squeezed out a smile.

He said darkly: “CEO Rong came to find me just for this?” Even if you’re more handsome than me, I’m still free to be interested in whoever I want, right?

Wrong.

Gao Jiaxuan suddenly became vigilant.

Don’t tell me, Rong Qing came to fight me over Xiao Ziqi?

Pal, what kind of expression is that?

Feeling Gao Jiaxuan’s gaze, Rong Qing instantly became on guard as well. He immediately pulled out his phone and flashed his screen on and off.

Look!

Have a taste!

I like this kind!

Wipe your eyes clean!

Gao Jiaxuan really did see his screensaver. However, he reflexively asked: “You’re Lin Ji’s fan?” His words carried a weird tone. Then, he thought about what Rong Qing asked him just now and suddenly perked up.

Oho! So it’s like this! Maybe Rong Qing came… to beg him to let Lin Ji off?

When he thought this, Gao Jiaxuan suddenly felt all of his blood boiling with excitement.

The former goddesses’ cliff-top flower, also has a day when he has to come beg me for things? Hehehe!

He can brag about it for an entire year just thinking about it!

In high spirits, Gao Jiaxuan pretended to be unconcerned as he stared at Rong Qing’s expression.

Invigorating! If Rong Qing confirmed his assumption, then doesn’t that mean that he can get revenge on what happened all those years ago? His mood instantly became even more excited and impatient! 

Rong Qing shot him a strange look, tone odd: “He’s your company’s actor, yet you don’t know? He got his role as male lead because I invested 30 million.”

A total of 30 million! A higher up CEO such as yourself actually didn’t know? Slacker!

Gao Jiaxuan choked for a second. Of course he….

….knew.

He stiffened his neck: “So?” Why the heck was Rong Qing here?

He still didn’t understand?

Rong Qing became gloomy. In the end, you’re still like half a big boss, so why is your business logic and insight so bad?

“So why would you let someone else steal his limelight and use him to make CP?” Rong Qing was afraid he still didn’t understand and added: “You think I gave that 30 million for you to waste away for fun?”

I gave that to the wolf pup! To support and raise him!

But you turned around and stole my wolf pup’s limelight? Shameless!

This time Gao Jiaxuan finally understood what he was saying. He grinded his teeth, secretly hating himself for losing the chance for revenge, and put on a fake smile: “Of course I knew about this. Except this clearly was a double win situation. Don’t tell me CEO Rong won’t even give this little? What the company is doing is for Lin Ji’s good. Although his acting skills are on point, his popularity really hasn’t been very good.” These words were the truth. 

But they were also bullshit.

There are plenty of methods. Why absolutely insist on raising a celebrity's fame by making him sell CP? A formally trained actor and an idol selling CP, isn’t it obvious who will end up getting the benefits?