Chapter 13

At the News Exposure Society.

Yesterday, Du Yun just wrote a hot piece of news for someone and his bank account gained a hundred thousand yen. He was so pleased he instantly called a few drinking buddies out to party. Eating up all of the night vendor’s barbecue, he didn’t start heading home slowly until 4-5am in the morning.

“Red soft hands, uh-huh~slightly touching~the girl’s heart~aiyo!”

Du Yun struggled to keep his eyes open, kicking forward with his foot.

“You actually dare to run into me?!” His feet swayed in the air. Losing his balance, he completely fell forward head first.

“God f*cking d*mmit. What tripped me?” C*rsing nonstop, Du Yun tried to climb up, but his limbs felt like rubber and his head spun like crazy. How could he stand in this kind of condition? Flipping over, he fell asleep just like that with his stomach facing the sky and started snoring.

A black car silently rolled over. Two men dressed in black swiftly got off and carried Du Yun into the car. Quickly the car disappeared into the morning fog.

‘Splash~’

The water was freezing enough to penetrate the bones. The originally soundly asleep Du Yun jolted awake immediately.

En?

He struggled for a moment and was terrified to discover that he was tied up tightly to a stool by rope.

What’s going on? Did he get kidnapped?

A pair of refined leather shoes appeared before his eyes. Du Yun lifted his head. Before him was a masked man in black.

“I’m going to ask you a few questions. If you tell the truth, I’ll let you obediently return back home to see your wife.”

He raised a cellphone. On the screen indicated several phone calls missed from Du Yun’s wife. Du Yun felt shocked in his heart. If he still didn’t recognize that he probably offended some big figure, then in the previous life, he was a pig that died of foolishness!

“Big bro, big bro, if you have anything to ask, then ask. I will definitely tell you everything I know, no exceptions. Please don’t hurt me or my wife. Spare me please.”

The masked man in black’s mechanically altered voice was ice cold.

“This money, who sent it to you?” He opened Du Yun’s cellphone and pointed at the text indicating he received a hundred thousand. Du Yun opened his mouth, then instantly became annoyed.

Damn, was it actually because of this?

He quickly explained.

“I don’t know who they are either. This person was a client recommended to me by someone else. He said that as long as I wrote a piece to blacken Lin Ji’s reputation, then he’d send me a hundred thousand. This is the whole truth. I definitely wouldn’t lie to you.”

The man in black: “Who recommended him to you?”

Du Yun: “Eh.. it was my boss at the News Exposure Society. People in the entertainment circle would often contact him. Then he would divide up the work for us.”

The man in black: “Let me see the information you received.”

Du Yun hastily guided him to open his wechat account, which had Zhou Bapi on his profile page. (Note: This is just a story about this guy who would make rooster calls at 3 o’clock at night to wake workers up so they could work longer. But not really important to the novel.)

The masked man in black turned his head towards him. Du Yun somewhat awkwardly smiled: “All of the news employees have it set up like this. Just click in and you’ll be able to see what you want.”