Chapter ten

Scarlett's POV

Rhislett's outburst made my heart drop. I didn't know what to do so I just looked down at my hands. Chris left and it was me and Harrison at the table he looked at me and said " can I talk to you" " of course you can talk to me about anything" I said and I put my hand on his and they both rested on the table. " I saw you're face when frogger said that you looked really hurt and upset." Of course he saw that " you don't have to worry about me but I should be asking if you're okay after yesterday" I hoped he didn't realise I changed the subject but his eyebrow raised and I knew he had but he dropped it and sighed. " I'm sorry about that I understand why you both left I'm not angry just a little hurt but I'll be fine" he gave me a weak smile. Somehow I knew that was true. " do you think she'll ever come round to this" I asked him. " rhis has gone thru a lot more then anyone knows even me, she acts tough but she's a little kid on the inside. She's scared of thunder and flying she eats like a 5 year old and is extremely stubborn it hurts just thinking about her little face when she's mad" I couldn't help but smile because I was wondering if she still did that little pout when she was mad. " she will come around but she won't make it easy trust me. You just need to show her you're there for her no matter what, she overthinks a lot I can't blame her to be very honest but she is and she doesn't trust adults they've hurt her in the past. She doesn't like telling me things she keeps them locked up until she explodes and then everything comes out. She's the best person I know it's a shame the world didn't think the same" he gave me a sad smile. I squeezed his hand.
" I can tell you both still have you're special twin bond" I smiled remembering how both of them always wanted the other. " yeh she's all I've had and same for her I've always wanted a family but every time we were fostered and I thought we would get that she was always distant. She never gave them a chance. But I couldn't blame her. She was my little sister my family". I smiled at him again and then I saw Rhislett and Chris come walking back in.

I saw Chris smile at her and she returned it. I felt a little jealous that he made her smile but I shrugged it off. Harrison then spoke " frogger you okay" I wonder why he calls her frogger. " yeh dopey I'm fine don't worry" and then Chris asked " why do you call her frogger" and rhisey went red in the face I just giggled and looked at Harrison for the answer " well-" and I saw Rhislett kick him under the table " you dare and I'll tell them about you're failed attempts at what you call flirting" " it is flirting" " It's cringe more like" she smirked and I knew that I wanted that story too but first Harrison's. " I call her frogger because when we were 8 we went to the park and she found a frog soph said she couldn't take it home and she did her best puppy dog eyes and soph almost caved but said no. When we got home tho she ran straight to her room and shut the door and didn't leave for the next 2 days. I knew something was up so I went in there without knocking and I saw her hide something. When I asked what it was she said nothing and I heard a ribet. She friend to pass it off as her own but the frog jumped out in front off me, I laughed so hard when soph came upstairs and found the frog in her room. She always loved animals she has a way with them she rescues all sorts but that story will always be the best" I looked over at Rhislett and she her full face had gone red and I heard Chris and Harry laughing so I turned and gave them a scowl " both of you can stop laughing that was very sweet of her" she went more red with that and then Harrison said " aww frogger did I embarrass you" and then she looked behind her and said " omg is that Emily from school" and Harrison ducked  under the table I laughed hard with Chris and rhisey was just smirking and said " oops my bad it's just Isaac" and Harrison got up with a scowl and said " not funny frogger not funny at all!" She laughed at that.

Chris's POV

I got a message from my lawyer to call him so I excused myself and went to ring him. " hello Chris I wanted to tell you the judge approved you're temporary guardianship of the twins" I was so happy but I hoped they would be okay with staying with us . " that's awesome thank you so much" we said our goodbyes and ended the phone call. I went back to the table and told the three of them " so you two we didn't know this would be happening today but that was my lawyer telling me that we could take you home with us to stay" I saw Harrison's face light up while Rhislett's dropped. Scarlett quickly spoke " if you're not ready you don't have too" but Harrison interrupted and said " no no we want to right frogger" she hesitated but said " erm can we talk alone haz" and she got up and walked from the table, Harrison then followed and said they'd be back I sat down and watched them talk we couldn't hear them but I could see.

Rhislett's POV

I got up and I heard Harrison following me I stopped far enough away and started talking. " haz I don't want to stay with them I'm fine with where we are" " what are you talking about frogger why don't you want to" I'm gonna kill him one day. " Harry we don't know them we met yesterday and you want to move in with them!?" He looked at me and said " there our parents Rhislett please I want to do this. Please do this for me" and now what do I say. I can't say no. He used my real name and he's asking like if I say no I'll ruin his happiness. " fine" he grabbed my hand and dragged me back and said " so when can we go". Chris and Scarlett didn't look convinced but they got up and we headed to sophs car. I forgot she was out here or I would of left ages ago. " hey I just got the call about the custody" she said to Chris. " yeh we asked the kids to stay at the house and they agreed so we're going to take them to pack". I realised that haz was already is Chris's car " Rhisey are you coming" Scarlett asked me and I looked at soph and said " can you drop me off at home" I gave her the eyes and she said yeh. Chris smiled and said he'd see us there and I looked at Scarlett and she looked upset but she covered it with a tight smile and turned around to walk to the car. I got in sophs car and let a breath I didn't know I was holding out. Before she could speak I said " no talking I just need quite please" and she agreed and turned the radio on. I just needed to think.

______________________________

Well I'm tired but I don't want to sleep
God I'd write more if it didn't take me having to type.

I'm excited for the next chapter. Rhislett and Scarlett are going to have a bumpy journey but let's hope all goes okay.

Harrison needs to chill because he's running into this like nothing happened

Rmeber drink water and give you're eyes a break!
My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves ❣️