Chapter one hundred and sixteen

Rhislett's POV

Right so mission the day try not to cry. We had the week off. No work for another week so I headed downstairs and there was no one. " frogger!" Harry said smiling " where's rose?" And he frowned " her grandmother in France isn't well so her dads taken her to France to see her." And I frowned " she gonna be okay?" And he shook his head " cancer. She's took a turn for the worst Scarlett said" and I nodded that's sad. I can't imagine losing matka. I don't think I'd be able to get out of bed.

We stayed like that just catching up for abit. " I have soccer do you wanna come?" And I nodded my head. But then I remembered I had a meeting in half an hour that I may have completely forgotten about. " shit I can't I have a meeting haz" and he frowned " we can play later?"and I nodded. " okay sure" and he smiled and got up. I grabbed my laptop from upstairs and put my earphones in. I was on my zoom call I'd left my phone upstairs because I didn't really need it right now. " hey kiddo" dev said and I smiled and waved " hey old man" and he chuckled. The Russo brothers joined after that and we started the meeting. " so the character you're playing is Natasha's adopted daughter. She's you're age and nats rescued her and we're going to Focus on nats relationship with you. And how she and you're character are gonna navigate there relationship." And I nodded this sounded fun " so will I have to keep this from my parents?" And they shook there head " they already know I had spoken with them before you're meeting the other day. I gotta say though I think we could use you're gymnastic skills for one of the fight sequences" and I nodded " yeh I'd love too" and we carried on talking about after this movie and where we'd go from here. " okay kiddo I can see you're mom in the back I'll let you go" Robert said and I nodded and left the call. I took my earphones out and my mother looked pale. " what's wrong?" And she looked mad " what's wrong! I've been calling you're phone for 20 minutes and you didn't answer I thought you were dead!" And I went wide eyed " my phones upstairs" I said quickly and she sighed in relief that I guess I was alive. I dunno but the colour was coming back to her face at least. " never do that again Rhislett I swear I can't take it" and I nodded I felt bad that's she'd worried over nothing.

I didn't say much after that I just headed upstairs to start reading the script and going over my lines. I'd only learned the first few pages.

Scarlett's POV

I woke up this morning to a distraught romain calling me. I was half asleep and he told me his mother had gotten worse and they didn't know how much longer she had. I knew rose was close to his mum. He has a step mum too that rose is close with but Yano it's his mum. So he wanted to take her to France and even though it's my time with her this was more important. He's taken her to France a lot recently but I'm glad because time with her grandma she isn't gonna be able to get for much longer it seems like.

I went into her room and woke her up " hey baby come on papas gonna come get you" and she was as much a morning person as Rhislett sometimes. " no" she whined " baby papas taking you to see granny come on" and she got up rubbing her eyes " we just went" she said and I smiled " she misses you and she beats to see you baby" I could exactly say oh she's on her death bed and this may be you're last chance to see her. Yeh I'm not mentally scarring my child. So took her out of her bed and got her bag ready to take. I didn't know how long she'd be gone so I just picked as much as I could. She has clothes in France so she should be okay.

I got her out of the room and downstairs I had to get heat breakfast before we left. " hey Harry." And he smiled until he saw roses suitcase. " what she just got home" he pitched and I sighed even my oldest is noticing she hasn't been around. " yeh her granny's took a turn for the worst and the last I heard the cancer spread so she's going with her dad to France" and he nodded understanding this wasn't exactly a fun trip. " will she get better?" He asked me with a little hope and I gave a small smile " anything possible but we'd rather send rose and let her enjoy her granny" and he nodded and started making his breakfast. I got out of the door as fast as I could after feeding rose because her flight was soon. We could of been out earlier if I'd known about it.

I got her to the airport and poor romain looked like he hadn't slept. I felt so bad and I told him he could keep rose aslong as he needed. I had my older two but he had no other kids. Rose was his entire life and I understand that. As sad as it is rose is used to not seeing me for ages in person. When she was younger I raised her but this past year she's been in France more. I said my goodbyes and I got back into my car. Rhislett should be awake so I tried calling her but she didn't answer. I texted her but nothing. So I called Harry. Who answered almost immediately. " hey Mom what's up?" And I asked " where is you're sister and why isn't she answering?" And he spoke quickly " I left her at home she came down just after you left. I'm at football." And now I was worried she's home alone and didn't answer her phone. " okay Harry I'm gonna call her again stay safe, love you" and he answered " love you". I tried calling Rhislett again but she didn't answer snd as I kept calling my anxiety kept building. I got home fast thank god there was no traffic and when I tell you I felt the breath return to my modified when I saw her it did. I hadn't been that worried in ages. This child.

I thought she was upset with me because she didn't say much and she looked really guilty and it wasn't really her fault. It wasn't anyones. I knew she'd come down eventually and I'd apologise then.

Rhislett's POV

I guess I'd never find the perfect time for this conversation. So let's just rip this bandage off. I shut my book and walked downstairs. I still had my glasses on and I walked into the living room. Mum looked up at me quickly and I gulped " baby?" And It was now of I'd never do it. " mama I wanna tell you something"

___________________________

Imagine I just did what every other author does and just don't post the next part

Babahahahha I'd be evil

Remember to drink water
And give you're Eyes a break
And my messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️