Chapter twenty-four

( swipe for music)

Rhislett's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night screaming. I had a nightmare So much for a good dream. I heard footsteps outside my room and my door open. It was Scarlett she looked half asleep and awake if that was even possible. She came over to me and wiped my tears. I didn't know I was crying. This was happening abit too much. "What's wrong baby girl" she said and I just looked at her and I couldn't hold it back but I was trying so hard. My bottom lip trembled and she just pulled me into a hug. " it's okay sweet girl let it all out, I'm here, momma's here" and I pulled away slightly and I sniffled " I-I had a nightmare" I sounded so stupid. I'm grown and I'm having nightmares. She must think I'm being so weird. But she was just looking at me with this look. It made me feel safe and happy. She just held me for a while. She then tried to pull back and I held on tighter to her. " don't leave me momma" I said in a small voice. I didn't realise I'd called her momma till I said it. I felt embarrassed so I hid my face. I felt her lifting my chin up to look at her. " I'm not going anywhere sweet girl" she then climbed into bed with me and I was surrounded by the smell of lavender. This was becoming my new comfort smell. I snuggled closer to her and she wrapped her arms around me protectively. " night baby girl" and she kissed the top of my head and I smiled and I mumbled against her neck "night momma" and I felt her pull me closer is that was even possible and she held me tightly against her. This was what I was missing.

Scarlett's POV

I had just finished talking with rose and then Vanessa had phoned me. We were talking in my room and I yawned. I was so sleepy so I said good night and went to bed. I fell asleep but I was quickly awoken by a scream. Rhisey. That was the first thing that came to my mind. I practically sprinted to her room even tho it was just across the hall from me. I opened it slowly and I saw her there in her bed clutching her blankie for dear life. She had tears rolling down her face. I quickly went Over and wiped them away. This was breaking my heart seeing her so upset. And then I saw her little face after I asked her what's wrong. Her bottom lip was trembling. She was fighting tears and I could see the tear stains from the old tears. I pulled her into me and held her tight. I felt fresh tears roll down her face. I tried to reassure her as much as I could. I wasn't going to let anything happen to her. When she pulled away she looked so much like that little baby that i knew one. She was sniffling and it was the cutest thing I had seen. " I-I had a nightmare" aww my poor baby. My heart broke because it must've been bad if she was in this much of a state. She was looking at me so I tried to make her feel safe with my eyes. And I just held my baby. This was the one thing I wanted was her back in my arms. I just wish she wasn't so upset and shaken up. I felt her leaning on me more which made me realise she was falling back to sleep so I pulled back to lay her down properly but she held me tighter. " don't leave me momma" what did she say? She didn't ? That's wasn't on purpose, it can't have been she's just tired that why. But my heart fluttered when she called me that. I missed it. It reminds me that no matter how big she gets that she's still my little girl. " I'm not going anywhere sweet girl" and I knew I was going to stay. I got into her bed which was very warm and comfy. She snuggled up against me and I was so happy. My cuddle bear was back maybe she hadn't gone in the first place. I wrapped my arms around her because this felt like a dream. I didn't think I'd get to cuddle with my girl ever again. But here she was in my arms, asking me to catch  her when she fell and I was going to catch her. Every single time. I thought she was sleeping so I whispered " good night baby girl" and then I felt her speak against my neck and my heart was ready to explode out of my chest. "Good night momma" was she really calling me momma? I don't know what I did but I'm thanking who ever is watching over us for this. 13 years without her and now I'm cuddling up with my sweet girl after she's had a nightmare. I held her tighter because I felt so much love for this little girl. She's what makes it all worth it. I love my other two kids but they've never been attached to me the way Rhislett was. And I was happy that she hadn't changed. I knew I couldn't get used to her calling me momma. It was probably just because she was tired I doubt she knew what she was saying. Ofcourse I had no objections to her calling me momma. I was thinking about how everything was going to go when we were in New York. The twins are old enough to decide if they wanted to be in the public eye or not. And rose and Rhislett still had to meet each other. The twins still had to meet my family too and Chris's. We also needed to talk to them about schooling and sort all of that out. because There was a lot that was going to happen. But I left them thoughts and focussed on my sweet girl who was in my arms cuddling me. This was my perfect.

________________________________

This wasn't much of a long chapter like the previous ones but I'm so sleepy and I what's for finish this off before I  went to sleep so I was still on the same thought process.

This is a nice change of pace isn't it.

Remember to always drink water
Don't ruin your eyes take a break from the screen please.

And my messages are always open if you need someone to talk to about anything. Those candy are a safe space. This is a a safe space.

Till the next chapter my luvs ❣️