Chapter forty-two

Rhislett's POV

We were going outfit shopping. Well it wasn't really Ryan had picked out two outfits for all of us so we were matching but it was what he wanted. We were going to try them all on. And then make a decision. The wedding theme was elegant so I wasn't sure what I was wearing. I was surprised that he had even picked me an outfit. All close family had flown in during this week to prep the wedding and make sure it's all perfect.

Me, vanessa, Scarlett and fennon all went into the changing rooms to try the dresses on that he'd picked.

Scarlett's dress

Scarlett's dress

Vanessa's dress

Fennons dress

Rhislett's dress

Rhislett's dress

I was the last to come out because I wasn't sure how I liked it. My back was showing. And I know you can't really see the marks I still am self conscious of them. " rhisey are you okay in there?" Scarlett knocked on my door. " yeh I'm just zipping it up" and she spoke again " do you need any help?" And I sighed " no no I got it I'm coming out now" fuck. Okay well if I look like a twat it's fine. Ryan's big day so I'm gonna try to at last let him see.

I walked out and I saw the girls in there's. Fucking hell they all looked good. " you guys look good that colour suits you" and they turned and looked at me. I felt a little uncomfortable with how silent they all were " Jesus rhis you look hot" fennon said with a wide smile. I smiled at her. I saw Scarlett and Vanessa were about to cry. " do you not like it, I can-" and Vanessa stopped me " no sweetheart you look phenomenal just you look so grown up" she said wiping a tear. Scarlett came towards me and I wasn't sure what she was going to say. She just looked me up and down and smiled " you look beautiful sweet girl" her voice was cracking and was very raspy. I smiled wide at her and then Ryan spoke " yep I did a amazing job you don't have to thank me" and fennon rolled her eyes while Vanessa laughed. Scarlett was still stood in front of me with tears. " Scarlett?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. She shook her head and pulled me into a hug. I wasn't expecting that but maybe she's just emotional? I don't know but I hugged her back " sorry I couldn't help it" she said pulling back and I gave her a tight smile. She was looking at me like I would disappear. Me and fennon went back into the dressing rooms while the adults talked with the lady who owned this place. I couldn't get my zip but I also didn't wanna ask Scarlett. I knew that her being that close to my back would mean her seeing my scars. So I called fennon in and she happily unzipped me. I knew she'd seen them but she didn't say anything. I was grateful to her for that. Not that I didnt trust her but it's something I don't talk about. When I took the dress of I saw the price tag and holy fuck. I'm broke and this dress is £3000 what is it made out of gold? I walked out with the dress but one of the assistants took it from me and then 5 minutes later she came back with it in a box. " here is you're dress enjoy you looked gorgeous in it" and I smiled. I went to the front and I saw Scarlett with a smile on her face I knew she had bought it. It's like she read my mind because she spoke " no no rhisey I don't wanna hear about the money. We've had this conversation before." And I nodded hand hugged her " thanks Scarlett".

We got back home and the boys were sat on the sofa. It was late and I was exhausted. Harry had also gone to sleep already because he had a early training session. I was going somewhere with Robert in the morning. Scarlett came upstairs and said goodnight like every night.

Scarlett's POV

I went back downstairs because  Isaac and Peter were both still up. I hadn't actually gotten to speak with them properly since they've been here. " hey boys can I ask you both a question" and they turned to me and nodded. I sat down on the couch opposite. " has rhisey said anything to you both about how she's feeling" they both exchanged looks and then Isaac spoke " yeh but it's not our place to just tell everything. Honestly Scarlett you're her mother but you haven't shown her that you are very well. This is me talking. She usually sings what she's feeling." And I knew they wouldn't tell me exactly what she had said so I asked " she loves Chris more then me doesn't she?" I said in a small voice. That was one thing that I was very insecure about. That my little girl wasn't mine anymore but someone else's even if it is her father. They gave me a sad smile and Peter spoke " honestly no not really. She's a mummy's girl we've always known that about her. But don't compare yourself with Chris both you're relationships with her are different." And I gave them Both a smile " can we ask you a question?" And I nodded " how do you feel about all of this?" And I was shocked. I didn't really have an answer. No one had really asked me that. I took a while to answer them but they were waiting patiently. " I feel like I don't know if this is right for them. Well Rhislett. I see her face and she hates it here. I just want her to be happy. I know that's not here but I'm too selfish to let her go because I just got my little girl back" and they both nodded. " she doesn't hate it here. She's adjusting for her that takes time. We know that you love her and want the best for her just show her that. I know she's a hard cookie to crack but there's reasons for it. She's a teenage girl remember that's been thru so much more then people know. The fact she is the kind big hearted women she is today is mind boggling to me because if it was anyone else they'd be the exact opposite." Isaac spoke. I smiled at them Both and said " she's lucky to have you both" and they smiled wide " we're lucky to know her  she's honestly done so much for us." And then Peter spoke " she was the one with me when my parents divorce and when I broke up with my boyfriend. I wouldn't leave my room but she came and just stayed with me for 2 days straight. She didn't leave me alone. She told me ' people come and go but the right ones stay' and she's the best advice giver" Isaac hummed " she's always been wise with her words. I struggled with my mental health but that girl always made sure I knew that I was worth much more then I knew.she told me that my life was my own and not to waste it trying to be what others expected me to be and not to give up on my own dreams so people can build there own. That I had to be who I wanted to be in order to be happy. Sometimes I just wish she took her own advice" and then Peter spoke " that girl is wise in every situation other then her own. She can be so oblivious." And they both laughed and I smiled. There was a lot I didn't know about her. But I wanted too. She just didn't want me too. The boys went up to bed and I followed. I checked in on Harry who was sleeping and then I went to Rhislett's room. The light was still on but she was sleeping. " night my baby" and I closed the door.

______________________________

It's makes sense I promise just waitttt

I don't know how many of you are actually enjoying this story but I am.

This was a short chapter to be honest but it was a filler chapter.

I had another idea for a new evannson book soooo I'm gonna obviously do this one first but I do have new ideas🙃😉

My messages are always open x
Remember to drink water
And give you're eyes a little break

Till the next chapter my loves❣️