Chapter fourty

Rhislett's POV

Saturday I slept in and ate junk all day. Chris and Harry did the same. We watched movies and went for walks it was amazing. We went hiking but when we got back to the car Chris got a phone call. It was his work stuff but he said something that made my heart swell with happiness. " John please I'll have to stop you there. This will have to wait till Monday. Yes I know it's about the movie but I'm not working this weekend im with my kids so I will talk to you on Monday when I'm in LA in person bye" and he turned the car on and drove like it was nothing. Like it was so normal. Which maybe it should be but Scarlett had never said anything like that. She basically hides us really.

Today was Sunday. the morning was fine just me getting ready really. We were having dinner with Chris's family. I had abit less nerves then the last time because I knew Chris's family would be welcoming. With the way Scarlett was acting with me I wasn't sure with her family but they proved me very wrong. But now it was meeting the evans.

We were eating outside so I picked a dress

We were eating outside so I picked a dress. We left the house and I was excited. When we got there it was a very country looking house. I don't know how to describe it. But it gave me old western vibes but modern?. We went into the back garden and I saw a few people sat around. They were all smiling and came over to us. Chris looked very happy as he was saying hello. Harry was smiling too. God he was a mini Chris. And then I saw two older looking people who looked a lot like Harry actually. " hey little ones I'm you're fathers mom. I'm you're mimi. Gosh look how big you both are" she said and they hugged us. " I'm you're grandad sweetheart I know this is a lot at once so just tell us if you need some time either of you okay?" And we both nodded. And then I met two women . " hi kiddo I'm you're aunty shanna and this is your aunty Carly, gosh you're both you're parents mini mes aren't you" and I smiled and hugged them. And then someone came running up to us. " and I'm you're uncle Scott the fun one of the family I know we're going to get on great because no niece or nephew of mine will be anything other then that." And I laughed. This was fun. We sat around eating burgers and talking about old stories of Chris.

We had to leave early because Harry had to go get his bag from home. He was staying at matka's while we were in LA. He has school tomorrow his first day and so he can't miss it. When we got to matka's house I went in quickly to say hello. She gave me a container full of fresh cookies and said " make sure you're dad doesn't eat them all" and I nodded and smiled. I said bye to Harry. We don't stay away from each other. We have but very rarely. And now I'm going to LA tomorrow without him and I don't want too. I can't deal with Scarlett on my own. When we got back into the car the drive back was peaceful. And when we got inside Chris asked me something " you don't have to answer bubs but how is everything with you're mother" I gulped because I wasn't expecting that. I didn't wanna lie but I knew the truth would upset him. " I mean I don't know Chris. It just feels like she's tolerating me at this point. She is more fussed about the bloody plants then me. I can't do anything right with her but it's fine. And you can't tell her any of that because I don't need sympathy promise me" and he looked like he didn't want too. But he did. " fine I promise" he sighed. Is smiled and went upstairs. He followed me and said goodnight and that we were going to be up early. As in 5am. "Yep good luck with that Christopher" i patter his shoulder. I had my duffel bag packed already with more summer clothes. And it was 10pm but I knew I needed to go to sleep. But I ended up FaceTiming Isaac who was with aunt Maria. I was writing music while we were on face time. When I looked at the time it was 12am so I told Isaac I'd talk to him later and I went To sleep. It felt like I'd just feel asleep when I felt someone shaking me " Rhislett isla evans-johansson we have a flight and it's 6am!" I just groaned and turned over but I felt someone sat there. Chris's voice came from the other side so who tf is this. And why are they awake right now. I opened my eyes when I felt them moving my hair from my face and it was Scarlett. " come one sweet girl you can sleep on the plane we gotta get going" and I groaned again. " just go without me!" And Chris laughed " yeh bubs not happening come on Rhislett" and he used my name which I knew meant he was being serious. I pulled back my covers dramatically uncovering my face. I gave them both a a glare but it's no god dam use because they were just making aww noises at me. " okay well leave then" and Scarlett spoke " Jesus I didn't think she could get moodier" and I grumbled " the suns not even up!" And they both laughed as they left. Urghhhhh.