Chapter twenty-three

( just swipe for music)

Rhislett's POV

I heard the door open again and I just kept looking forward until I felt the bench move. I looked ahead and said " I fell down there was we were 9" I pointed towards the end of the garden where the wall went and the stairs went to the lower half of the grassy garden the top half was concrete tiles. " we were playing tig and Harrison the big monster was chasing me and no one else I wasn't watching where I was going and I went straight over the side, it didn't hurt not really but my arm was still healing from breaking it so it was very sore. I also lost a tooth that day. I'm the reason there's a fence over there" I said laughing and she she laughed with me. I looked at her and said " I'm sorry for before, it's just been a lot these last two weeks. Well actually it's been a long life but that's not important. I didn't mean to be so rude" she looked at me with tears in her eyes. Why do I always make these people  cry. She pulled me into a hug I wasn't  expecting it but I just hugged her back I rested my head on her shoulder. " I'm sorry for not being there rhisey" she snuggled more into me and I just let her hold me. It felt nice. I felt safe. Very safe. She pulled back and leaned back on the bench I did the same. I rested my head on her shoulder and she just played with my hair. " tell me more stories" and I smiled and laughed. " well I think it was when we were 7 but me Isaac and Peter held our own show" I said laughing " we had all the adults sat right there on bean bags and blankets, it was summer and we were having a barbecue. Harrison was our music Man. He never wanted to perform with us. But I'm pretty sure that aunt Maria has that recorded. Anyway we were performing a song I think it was the sponge bob intro  song. Well Isaac the donut went the wrong way and slammed into Peter who fell into me. It was a disaster. We all fell and we're crying. I remember it wasn't because I was hurt it was because Isaac had ruined our dance. I scolded him for a week for that. I still do." And Scarlett laughed " oh sweet girl I can just imagine you're grumpy little face with that pout" " I don't pout" and she just laughed at me. This was nice.  " Isaac had a dog when we were younger. Japanese Akita. Massive dog. Everyone was scared off it because it hated people. No one could go near it except aunt  Maria and Daniel isaacs older brother. His name was Bruno. They got him when we were away. But we'd come back and too me he was just a big fluff ball. I went to go touch him Isaac and aunt Maria didn't notice. I went up to him and he barked at Me. I wasn't  scared I just put my hand in front of me and said  'you're a good boy aren't you, don't worry I won't hurt you' and he sat down in front of me and put his head down. I sat with him stroking his back and when eveyone noticed they were all shocked. It was so funny he didn't let anyone come near me he kept barking at  them but he let aunt Maria come down. She was the one who raised him so I guess he trusted her. Well every time I came over I made sure to go sit with him and take him on a walk. I was only 8 and the dog was double my size and definitely stronger then me. But he never left my side. Any man that came near us he'd bark and make sure they would no one could come near me. He was a good boy." And I had a tear roll down my face I didn't even notice and she wiped it off my face and said " what happened to him" and I gave a watery laugh " neighbours had a petition that said that he has to be put down. He was apparently 'vicious and out of control' but he-he was just protective. I cried for weeks after. It was really hard without him" and she just held me closer and kissed my forehead. " he sounds perfect, how about we go back inside and get Isaac. We can have a movie night. Or you can stay here if you want and I can pick you up later." I just looked at her I wanted to stay because I wanted to spend as much time with the boys before we had to leave. " can I stay a little longer and then we can go home and have that movie night" I asked and she smiled at me and said " ofcourse sweet girl" and we got up and headed back inside. I went over to Isaac and Peter and Harry and hugged them " I'm sorry about before I shouldn't have been so mean" and they told me it was okay and I turned and Maria and Scarlett were smiling at us. I just smiled back. Maybe it was going to be okay. Maybe new York won't be so bad. " you guys go ahead and do whatever it is you kids do now and we'll be down here." I smiled at them and the boys walked out and I turned back around and went to hug Scarlett. I hugged her tight. And then I felt embarrassed and I knew my cheeks were red but she was holding me just as tight. She let me go and I smiled at aunt Maria and left. Me and the boys played mario kart for another hour. And then we decided that was enough for today and went down. Scarlett and Maria were in the living room talking. They looked up and smiled " you two ready to go, you're father is at the house" and we both nodded I went over to hug aunt Maria and the boys goodbye and we left.

We got home and Chris was unpacking some shopping. " hey dad"Harry said and I just went and gave  him a hug and said " hi Chris" in a quite voice. And he hugged me back " hey bubs I missed that little face " and he just held my face and I smiled at him. Scarlett came over and kissed me on the cheek and I smiled more while Chris smirked at us. " im sure we're supposed to be having a movie night." I said. Harry spoke" yep and I already picked we're watching avengers well we're having a avengers marathon" he smirked at them Both I did the same while Chris and Scarlett made faces " nooo I don't wanna watch us" Chris said and I just looked at him " well there our favourites Christopher so you can't say no" and he just sighed at me and messed my hair up " you're lucky I love you bubs" and I smiled and went to sit down on the sofa. I felt a blanket be put over me and Harrison and I saw Scarlett making sure we were covered and Chris was putting all the snack down. In this moment I was happy. Maybe this is how it should be. Chris was on my left and Scarlett was on my right. I was leaning my head on Scarlett but Chris had my hand in his and was playing with my hand. Harry was on Chris's other side  laying on him. They were both sharing a blanket and me and Scarlett were sharing one. Scarlett just leaned her head on top of mine and played the movie. When Scarlett came onto the screen and Natasha and Loki were doing there scene together me and Harry did the monologue very quite but I knew they could hear us. Harry was saying Loki's  part and I was saying Natasha's. We were both looking at the screen so we didn't notice Chris and Scarlett smiling at each other. I fell asleep half way thru civil war. Harry fell asleep at the start of infinity war. I felt someone carrying me up the stairs and then two sets of footsteps and my bed dipped in two different places. I didn't open my eyes because I was tired. I felt someone kiss my cheek. i Could feel Chris's beard . I heard him say " goodnight bubs love you" and then I felt someone put  there hand on my cheek and kiss my forehead I knew it was Scarlett because of the lavender smell and she was being so soft " good night sweet girl I love you." And then they both left. I fell asleep very happy. The happiest I'd been actually. Maybe things were going to turn out okay.

______________________________

Or will they Rhislett?

Im evil because nothing lasts forever in my world.

Anyway this was a more happy chapter for you guys. Im not making any promises it'll stay like this tho👀

I really appreciate you guys reading this story it means more then you will know x

Remember give you're eyes a break from that screen.
Also drink water it's good for you and helps acne☺️ I suffered with bad acne but I used this black soap called dudu osun you can get it on eBay for cheap. I swear by it for all skin types. Just use it everyday and if you have dry skin just apply moisturiser I prefer Cerave😊

Take care of yourself and I'm not just asking!

My messages are always open x

Until the next chapter my loves❣️