Chapter nineteen

( swipe for the music explanation at the end of this story)

Rhislett's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night because I'd had a bad dream. I left my room to go to get a water bottle from downstairs. But I saw the light on in Scarlett's office. It's 1am so I didn't know if she was in there or forgot to take it off so I went closer and I heard her talking. " Vanessa I'm not sure we made the right decision" I didn't go any more forward because I wanted to know what she was talking about. " yes, I know it's too late too change my mind. Don't remind me. Rose is upset because she wants to speak to Rhisey but you know why I can't, that's not how I planned things. And rhisey's attitude I'm worried rose will pick it up. I can't deal with that. Harrison has been so easy and made this whole thing easy." I was holding my hand over my mouth I had tears rolling down my face I ran back to my room and shut the door. I felt my legs give in and I slid to the floor. So much for heartless bitch. I stayed there just crying.

Scarlett's POV

I was talking to Vanessa and I just started pouring everything out. Everything. " but that girl is my world nessa, you know how I was without her I was a mess. Even with rose nothing was going to fill that gap in my heart. I think that's why I try so hard with rose so she never feels like I have a favourite. I'd do anything for all three of them. But rhisey... it's different she's my baby girl." I was crying now and Vanessa said " I know how you feel about Rhislett and it's going to be hard you knew that going in but those kids need you she needs her what did she call you 'momma'. She needs her momma more then the other two. And when do you plan on coming Back because I want my hug from my cuddle bear." I gave a watery smile she knew me and how I felt about rhisey. " we should find out soon about the custody and filming is done next week, me and Chris already enrolled them in school. We've worked out all of the details. Just waiting on them to be ours" with that I saw the time and I put the phone down.

I went out of my office but Rhislett's light was on. Why was she awake at this time? She was whispering something I coudnt make out so I opened the door. And my heart broke. She was in the corner of her room having a panic attack. She just kept saying " I'm okay, I'm okay" I don't even think she knew I had come in. Harrison said that physical contact calmed her down. I ran over to her and pulled her into my lap. I rocked her back and forward and she had her head in the crook of my neck. This felt right but I couldn't dwell on that because she was still crying. " hey sweet girl it's okay mommas here I've got you." I held her tightly and she grabbed on to me tightly. " it's okay sweet girl listen to my heart beat just breathe please" she calmed down after two minutes. I felt her breathing even out. I looked down and my baby girl was sleeping. She looked so peaceful. I got up with her still in my arms. Thank god I worked out because that would of been very difficult she's not one anymore. She snuggled further into me and her nose and forehead were hidden in my neck. I didn't want to put her down. But I had because I needed to remember that our relationship isn't there yet. She probably wouldn't want me and my cuddles because She is now a teenager. I always heard this is the age they distance themselves. But I'd isn't even get my cuddles but that's no one's fault but my own. I laid her down and I kissed her forehead " I love you sweet girl" and I left to my own room.

Rhislett's POV

I couldn't breathe. Fucking hell i was having a panic attack. Harrison is usually here by now but he's on the other side of the hallway. Ffs. I started saying I'm fine maybe my brain would get the hint. I felt someone lift me into there neck. I smelt lavender and well safety. They were saying something I couldn't make out but it was helping. I couldn't keep my eyes open so I shut them. I felt safe. I've never done that. Especially after a panic attack I struggle to sleep. But now I couldn't hold it off.

I woke up to no Scarlett being irritating and waking me up. I looked at my phone and it was 1! Wtf. Did she leave me or something. Last night's conversation went over in my head. I was numb I couldn't be upset because all of that came out last night. I'm pretty sure I'll have to thank Harrison for calming me down last night.