Twenty One

A week had passed, and on Saturday morning the three Swans were sat around the kitchen table having breakfast that Bella had made. She was asking about Charlies week, since there was case of Waylon being found dead. Asher and Bella knew that it was most likely a vampire attack, but they could never tell Charlie they knew, so being clueless was the only option. 

"We're assuming it was just an animal attack or something, but nothing adds up about the whole situation. So, just on the safe side, make sure you guys know where each other are at all times," Charlie stated wanting to drop the whole conversation and he saw his two kids nod in agreement. 

Asher had just remembered that him and Bella were going out with the Cullens today and had forget telling Charlie anything about it, "Oh, by the way, we're gonna be out all day with the Cullens. Apparently, they're having a game of baseball and wanted us to come?" 

"Don't be weird about it Ash, they're being nice. plus Edward offered to pick the both of us up," Bella told him. 

"Cool," Asher says and brings his head to Bella whispering, "Does dad know that you two are dating?"

Charlie, being known for having selective hearing, heard what his son said, "Dating? Thought you said none of the city boys were good enough?"

Bellas eyes go wide and Asher tries to hold in his laughter, "Well, uh, Edward doesn't live in town," she stuttered out. 

Charlie just huffed before they all heard a knock on the door, knowing it was the boy being talked about and that made Bella run for the door. Asher let his laughter be known from the entire situation. 

"Dad! You saw her face right? that was the best thing I've seen in days!" he breathed between laughs. He hears the pairs footsteps coming to the kitchen and decided that he'd rather wait outside rather than listening to that painful exchange. To Ashers lovely surprise Emmett had decided to tag along, but decided to stay outside because of what Edward was going to do. Once the two saw each other glimmering smiles flew onto their faces, one very surprised to see the other. 

"Morning love!" Emmett called out while speeding to his mate wrapping him in a big bear hug. 

"Good morning, I didn't realize Edward had you tag along?" 

"Well I kind of ambushed him while he was speeding here, ya know, jumping onto the back of the jeep and such," he told him with a mischievous smile. 

"Hmm, of course," Asher laughed. "Now lover boy lets run away before those two weirdos come out here," with that he hopped on Emmetts back with a large grin on his face knowing that Emmett loved being free around him. 

"Good idea for sure, but you are a bit reckless there ash," Emmett jokes and with that they were off. 

while they had ran off Edward and Bella were just walking out of the house, Bella looked at the other and asked where her brother disappeared to. "Don't worry, we'll see him there. Emmett was with me and I guess they ran off," he told her with a small smile and she just laughed at the whole situation that was going on. first her father tries to threaten an indestructible being with a gun, gives her pepper spray, and now her brother has run off with his boyfriend when he was supposed to be there the entire time. Now they were all on their way to the open field for a thunderstorm baseball game, they all thought today was going to be perfect, but we all know it was anything but. 

They were all set up when Edward and Bella got their so they wee pretty happy to see the pair arrive. 

"Bella! We are so glad you and Asher made it, we need a few umpires around these boys," Esme tells her once the two walked up to them. 

Emmett walked up to Bella and messed her hair up and said "She thinks we cheat," a smirk on his face. 

"Oh I know you cheat, so both of you call em as you see em!" she chuckled before walking off towards Carlisle. 

"Are you really going to let Esme say that about me?" Emmett whined to Asher who only snorted. 

"you think I'm going to defend you from your own mother? Fat chance Em," he replies before Alice calls out that its time to play with a glimmer in her eye. 

The Cullens all went into their respective spots as the two swans stood by home plate, watching them play was like seeing a dance before the boys would fight over the ball. 

Rose was up to bat first and surely it was going to be a home run, but like Esme stated, Edward was super fast. She was called out by Bella once she slid into the plate and Rose looked like she was going to tear the poor girls head off in anger, before Emmett called out that it was just a game. So the Goddess stalked off, and then Jasper took his spot waiting for his mate to pitch the ball. he did his fancy little trick and the game was going so well, maybe a bit too well, and after a few more round Alice called for them to stop. A sense of urgency in her voice making the family act in just a second.

"I thought we were fine, they were leaving but I guess they heard us so theyre coming to us," she explained to the rest of them. 

"God, this was a stupid idea bringing you," Edward mumbled before adjusting Bellas hair and giving her his jacket to try and cover her scent. 

"That isn't going to work, I can still smell her across the field," Rosalie simply says to everyone. 

"Lets try and leave then," he stated but Carlisle stopped him from going any further. 

"It's too late Edward, we just have to focus on protecting Bella and Asher," he tries to calm him down. 

Asher turns to Emmett, "We're going to be okay right?" he mutters while taking Emmetts jacket. His Scent isn't as pungent as Bellas, but still needed to covered. 

"Nothing will happen Ash," Emmett tries. 

"You can't be sure, if anything happens Bella gets away first. I don't care what any of you say," he firmly states and just like that the three nomads arrived with their baseball in hand. They were as gorgeous as the Cullens, but the one thing that was differently striking was the crimson red color of their irises were almost entrancing compared to the honey gold they usually saw. 

A man with long black dreads and deep skin spoke holding the ball, "I believe this belongs to you?" He simply throws the ball back to Carlisle, who had a small smile on his face. 

"Thank you," is all Carlisle said. 

"We heard you playing, and wondered if you would want three more players?" the man asks and the red haired woman grins. 

"Yes, a few of us were just leaving actually," he says politely. 

"Wonderful! I'm Laurent, thats James and Victoria," the man, Laurent, introduces. 

"Nice to meet you, would you guys like to bat first?" Carlisle asks. 

Victoria laughs and says, "I'm the one with a wicked curve ball," the glimmer in her eyes gave her demeanor such a dangerous aura that everyone was still on their toes. But suddenly, like fate was just begging to have drama, there was a breeze that carried the sickly sweet scent of a certain human and protective stances were taken in a second. 

"I didn't think you'd have snacks here," James spoke curiously.

~