Forty two

After Bella and Asher spoke their parents had arrived to the scene. Bella was excited to have both of them here, Asher on the other hand was not too happy about seeing Renee. He hadn't spoke to her in over a year at least, which they were both okay with. So when Alice showed up in a flash and fixed Bella, Renee finally walked in.

"Alice, Bella?" Renee asked with Charlie wants outside, "Asher?"

"Hey mom, dad," Bella greeted awkwardly. 

 beautiful she looked, "Oh my gosh! you're gorgeous honey," Renee cooed. Tears were in her eyes and she called for Charlie to come in. 

Bella and Asher looked over their dad in slight shock and he grinned, "I know I look hot," he joked.

Renee was smiling as she was holding a jewelry box in her hand with a tear smile, "So we thought you needed something blue and something old-"

"Like your mother," Charlie butted in. 

Renee opened the box to show a sapphire jeweled hair clip, it was mesmerizing to say the least. "It was grandma Swan's. We added the sapphires," her words were shaky but it meant the world to give this to her only daughter. 

"Awe Bell, it's your first family heirloom," Asher smiled.

"You can pass it on to your daughter, and she will to hers," Renee spoke hopefully. 

Bella had some tears in her own eyes when she pulled her parents into a hug, "Thank you, I love it," she whispered. 

"Hey! don't smudge my masterpiece," Alice commanded with a light smile easing the tone of her demand. 

"Alice is right, now we should head out so you can finish getting ready," Renee instructed. Motioning for the two boys to follow her out, when Asher left the room he knew he was in for a lecture the minute he looked at both his parents.

Of course Renee didn't know much about what was happening in his life but Charlie had called to ask if he had been there recently since he didn't come home from his trip and the Cullens weren't saying anything. Charlie was just relieved to see that his son was home and healthy, besides the obvious changes in his appearance but honestly he didn't care. 

"Asher where on Earth were you for the past few months? I knew you were on your trip with Emmett, but he came home before you. Whats with that? No calls on updating your plans, I thought you were better than that?" Charlie started questioning off the bat. 

So to avoid the questioning Asher decided to just use his gift, he did not have the energy to deal with this. "I was in Italy studying for art, I didn't call because you got told by Emmett about this amazing offer so you just didn't question it. Now I'm home for awhile, just be happy on this day for Bella," he spoke casually as he watched both their eyes glaze over to soak in everything he said. 

It was like a switch had flipped in their demeanor, more excited about talking to their son. "Asher, I'm so happy your finally home," his father said while taking him in for a hug. His mother just huffed at their little interaction. 

"You know after never seeing you for about 2 years and never speaking to you, I thought you'd have a bit more compassion in seeing your own son," Asher spoke in disgust towards her. 

To that she scoffed, "I did miss you, but since you never tried to speak to me I thought you wouldn't want to talk to me." 

"Whatever, you believe what you want to believe Renee. I'll leave you alone to gawk over your precious little girl and I'll go over to my fiancé, easy peasy," he simply told her and walked away. Charlie sighed in defeat, there was no point in trying to better their relationship. It was a lost cause in the end. 

"He's engaged?" she whispered to Charlie as they watched their son walk away. 

"Yep, to another Cullen boy. Emmett, he is by far way better than Edward. They went on this trip and Emmett proposed in Paris, very sweet, the boy even asked for my approval for Asher. Way better than Edward," Charlie explained briefly to a shocked Renee. Who was better than Edward? she had met him and he was so charming, and now Asher was engaged to an even better Cullen? Strange. 

"I can't believe there is anyone better than Edward, he was so charming when he visited in Florida. A bit weird though, he didn't go outside at all while he was there," she spoke fondly. 

Charlie just scoffed and walked away from his ex wife, he always knew that she was going to end up batshit crazy. So he decided to spend the next hour by the bar that was set up, waiting to walk his girl down the aisle. 

It was a beautiful ceremony, Edward had got his dream girl standing next to him for the rest of his eternal life and he was nothing but happy. Bella stood next to him happy yes, but still sketched out with him. She had decided to slip in during the first dance that she knew the truth about what really happened. 

So when the dance was being announced she stood on his feet to look graceful and whispered in his ear mid dance, "I know what really happened with you and Asher, and now you have to earn my trust back for good this time my love." 

Edward was shocked by how cool she was acting at her new discovery, but he was even more angry at Asher for telling her what happened. "Of course Bella," he only whispered back. Clenching his jaw to hold his tongue to try not to further the hole he was already in, but by now he was probably seven feet under. 

After their dance it was time for the toasts, everyone in the wedding party went up. The parents and Jessica were one of the lasts to go before Asher made the final toast before Edward went up to finish them off. 

"Oh Isabella Marie, I've known you literally your life and I am proud to say that you've grown into an amazing young woman and I can't wait to see what else you do in this life and the next," he started from the heart and continued, "Now I can't deny we've had a few ups and downs growing up together. One that sticks out clearly is when we were fighting about coming to forks, now one knows about this one. I was so set on going to live with our dad and you just weren't having it, we were arguing for days until I literally bribed you with 500 dollar gift card to barnes and noble and you still wouldn't go! It was insane, I used an entire paycheck just to convince you and you said nope, so the next best thing was the silent treatment. That finally got you to crack after two full weeks of silence from me and in the end you didn't even get that gift card! I used it instead in spite!" he was laughing so hard at the story and Bella's face, it was red in embarrassment. 

"But in all seriousness, I am so happy that you got your dream wedding and I wish you guys on an amazing marriage that last for eternity. Just promise you won't be poppin' out kids in the next year? I've had enough shit happen this year to last a lifetime," he finished off with an endearing smile. Showing he was truly happy that she was finally happy in the end, and when you looked at the bride she had tears rolling down her face after her brothers speech. Even going up to give him a tight hug and he returned with more force. It was an end of an Era for them, their lives were going to be so much different now that she was married and he was on his way to be as well. 

They wouldn't be living together in their dads house, being able to just bother the shit out of each other for entertainment. Now she was with Edward for the long haul, Asher wasn't happy about that but he wished her the best. She deserved to be happy, even if it came with a price. 

Maybe the two boys would heal their relationship, but for now it wasn't going to happen. Which they were perfectly fine with, but it made Bellas heartache.