Three

After that wonderful encounter with Rosalie Hale his day went on smoothly till lunch, he was at a table with Bella and her friends she had made. Considering it was Mike Newton, Jessica Stanley, and Eric Northy she was doing great, but from the vibes Jessica gave off Asher wasn't going to trust her. 

"So Eri-" Mike starts before Eric cuts him off, "Mike you met my home girl Bella!" Eric grinned. 

"No my girl," the same boy who made of the truck kissed Bella's cheek. 

"Oh my God, it's first grade all over again. You're the shiny new too they're fighting over," Jessica joked but the jealousy clearly coated in her sweet voice. 

"That was kind of rude to compare my sister to a toy there Jessica," Asher called out. 

"I didn't mean it like that! It was just a funny comment, no harm meant!" She tries to defend herself. 

"Whatever," Asher grumbles. Already over the astronomical amount of sickly sweet fakeness continued to enamor Isabella. 

"Shut up Asher, it was a joke," Bella says, "Don't mind him Jess, he doesn't know how keep his mouth shut."

"It's fine, anyways," Jessica says trying to change the subject and that's Angela Webber jumps in about the dead feature that Eric shoots down. Mindless chatter ensues until the gorgeous blonde walks in with a big brawny boy, they were chatting about something but nonetheless still looking like the divine. 

"Who are they?" Bella murmurs in complete awestruck. 

"The blonde is Rosalie Hale and her brother Emmett Cullen, they're best friends but people think they're together," Jessica starts and moves onto the pixie like girl with her blonde counter part who looks pained, "The dark haired one is Alice Cullen, she's like super weird and her adoptive brother Jasper Hale who always looks constipated. The weirdest part is that they're like together, in a romantic way."

"Jess they're not really related," Angela defends. 

"Well it's still weird because they live together, anyways the last one is Edward. Him, Emmett, and Rosalie are all on the market, but especially Edward because he thinks he's better than everyone to give them a chance. Like I care though... Because I don't," Jessica states glancing towards Edward sheepishly. "Don't even try to get his attention, it's not worth it." 

"Yeah, sure, I won't" Bella murmurs staring at the bronze haired boy over her shoulder. 

Asher was surprised that Rosalie had no significant other or the brawny boy, they look amazing and seemed like they had amusing personalities. That just makes him want to be their friend even more now, maybe he'll see the buff boy today or he could introduce himself right now. 

"Bella would it be crazy for me to go say high to those beautiful people or not?" Asher asked, the glint of wonder sparkling in his blue eyes. 

Her brown eyes widened like saucers, "You would definitely be considered crazy for that, you idiot!" She didn't know why he would even think about doing that, but why wouldn't he?

"Then I should do it! They seem so lonely, is it because they're god like that no one goes up to them?" He wonders out loud, the whole table is shocked by the senior, but Bella was just embarrassed. 

"You can't be serious?" Jess gasps. 

"Why are you guys being so rude about this? They're people too you know, and with people like you trying to stop me from trying to be nice instead of blatantly ignoring them because they seem intimidating. Then you guys are just judgmental assholes, now excuse me while I go introduce myself," and with that Asher left the table with the group gaping like fish. 

The Cullens heard every word the Swan boy had said, defending them even though he had barely spoken to Rosalie. So when he walked up to say hello they all respondly warmly.

"Hello I'm Asher Swan, you lot probably already know, but I wanted to introduce myself," he spoke smoothly with that glimmer if mischief in his eyes basically radiating. 

"You must've said something amazing to make that table of hyenas to actually shut up about us, you're not too bad after all," Rosalie comments. The others are surprised by her actually speaking to a human willingly. "Stop looking at me like that." 

"They were being rude and I called them out for it, because everyone deserves a chance," he responds. That makes Rosalie smile, she was definitely going to be great friends with this boy. "So do you mind introducing yourselves? Hopefully it won't be like pulling teeth, like it was with the lovely Rosie," he laughs. 

"We're much easier to please," Edward says with a smirk, "I'm Edward."

"Don't be so mean Edward," the girl who looks like a pixie chides, "I'm Alice and beside me is Jasper, Rosalie's twin," Jasper smiles with a small head nod. 

"And I'm the best Cullen there is, Emmett, but you of course knew that already," the brawny boy says smugly, making the others roll their eyes. 

"I'm sure that's exactly the case there big boy," Asher jokes. "Well it was nice meeting you all, hopefully I see some of you in my last few classes of the day! I better get back to Bella before her glare destroys me!" 

They all smile and let him leave. Luckily he was saved by the bell to actually talk to her, he didn't want her to be all weird about it. Sometimes he just wished she didn't fall into that type of friendship, he did know one thing for sure, Jessica Stanley is not his cup of tea. 

He was heading to his last class and a certain deathly pale boy with brown hair caught his eye. The class was Spanish, and he soon realized that both Emmett and Edward were in that class. Seeing that there was seat near them Asher leaped at the chance to sit next to them, he was sure that those two were going to be way easier to get information out of than Rosalie. 

"You know I'm so glad I actually know someone in a class for once," Asher said to make his appearance known. 

The two boys laughed, "That statement barely qualifies, we only told you our names," Edward retorted. 

"Well Eddie boy that's better than the whole class jumping down your throat with the same questions," he replied a smirk growing. 

"Fair," Edward murmurs. It was odd being in the Swan siblings presence, one he couldn't hear anything from her brain and the boys brain was practically screaming at him to listen. Such an odd duo, but the curiosity just kept growing. 

"You know Ash, I'm still impressed that you got our dear Rose to actually like you," Emmett commented. 

"I'm just too likable to ignore Emmett, it's truly a gift," Asher grins. 

"Oh so you're a cocky kid are ya?" Emmett chuckles. 

"I like to say I ooze with charisma instead of cocky, but sure that works too," he answers. That glint of mischief back in his eyes, and Emmett wanted to figure out what he was planning. There was something about this blue eyed boy that this brawny man couldn't get enough of, the thrill this gave him was enough to keep him there. 

"Sure stud, you keep telling yourself that," Emmett laughs again. 

The three of them talked throughout the class, Edward being silent about his biology period to the other males. Since he knew how protective Asher was towards Bella, and he didn't feel like getting yelled at for the next forty minutes of class. Emmett kept throwing sly comments to Asher who always had something to come back with. 

Something was starting to grow and neither knew, but really they were okay with it. The all knowing Edward could tell what was happening and he knew that Alice was excited about everything happening. Maybe they would talk about it when they get home, away from the others of course and before he makes the decision to go away for a little bit. 

Who really knows in the end? They just know that these budding friendships were going to do more good than anyone ever though could happen.