Fifteen

The two boys were sitting by each other on a spare blanket Emmett had by a lake that overlooked the forest. They were talking about some silly things like their star signs, because Asher just had to know what Emmetts was, and to be honest Emmett had no clue cause he stopped celebrating his birthday a long time ago so it was getting hazy over the years. 

"Uhhh I think April is Aries?" he answered not sure at all and Asher laughed at his phrasing. 

"Well depending on the day then yeah," Asher said, continuing his chuckling. 

"I think it's like April 4th?" he tried saying without the haze taking over as he thought about it. 

"Hold on, you don't even know your birthday?" he asked grinning about the thoughtless boy beside him. 

"Well it get's hard to remember for being here so long," Emmett answered with a laugh that could shake the trees with the amount of nerves building up. He was trying to be vague with this whole conversation, but Emmett being Emmett, that was a bit much to ask for. 

"Hm, interesting Cullen, and for your info. I'm a scorpio, October 24th to be exact," Asher told him. Not bothering to ask him about him being weird, considering Asher was keeping things to himself anyways. 

"A scorpio you say?" his thoughts coming out, "That explains why you've got the ego the size of mount Everest, and then the emotions of a melting ice cube," he didn't realized what he had been saying until Ashers eyes became the size of saucers and jaw hitting the floor. 

"Excuse you Mr Ram, me being a water sign with a flare of dramatics does not equate my ego to the tallest mountain," Asher defended as Emmett just grinned at the boy with wide green eyes. 

"Whatever you say darling, but this doesn't change my mind," Emmett smiled sweetly before placing a wet kiss on Ashers cheek. Making him blush wildly, this caused Emmett to be frozen in place. Emmett never really thought about Ashers scent being this divine when his face was right there, the venom that lightly coated his mouth started to pool. 

Asher had taken notice of Emmetts frozen face and hunger growing in his eyes, "Um, Em, you good?" he tried awkwardly. Really hoping that Emmett would get knocked out of the trance he was put in, sure Asher had just gotten new cologne, but he didn't think it was that nice to be stuck to him. 

Emmett didn't respond before placing his face in the crook of the boys neck, breathing in the scent even more, there was enough to keep the frenzy from starting. But Asher just smelled so delightful that Emmett couldn't stop, so after a few amazing minutes for Emmett and excruciatingly long minutes for Asher. Emmett pulled away, coming back to himself with a shake of his head. 

"Sorry about that, love, the animal in me took over," Emmett whispered eyes still on Ashers neck. 

"It's okay Em, but really what does that even mean?" Asher asked, hoping for the truth. Something was different about Emmett and his whole family, but he had really never thought much about it. Well, that was until he had a hug lug of a man stuck to his neck for a solid five minutes just breathing. No little neck kisses or anything, so that brought on the wild race of thoughts overtaking his thoughts. 

Emmett wasn't really sure about telling Asher about him being a vampire, he didn't want to put his mate in jeopardy with knowing what he was before even being together. It was a tough thought to think over for Em, he wanted Asher to know everything and he really meant anything. 

"Asher, I can't tell you unless you agree to stay by me for literal ever," his playful demeanor turning the most serious he had ever. "Be with me and I'll let you in the deepest and most hidden parts of me, and you can do the same for me, please," Emmett was almost desperate for Asher to be his and let the truth out with him. He knew Ash would never tell a soul about the deep and dark twisted stuff they talked about, even Bella. It was theirs to keep, secrets of their own. Like the occasional make out session when Emmett sneaks into his room during the night, because he can never be away for too long. 

Asher on the other hand, wasn't sure if he was ready. Sure they had been together in a sense since he got here, but what if Emmetts forever was different than Ashers? He needed someone to be supportive all the way even for his stupid ideas, but honestly Emmett was already doing that. Emmett was the ideal for Asher, and that was what really scared him. He couldn't keep those lame excuses because even being scared is an excuse too, he needed to face his fears dead on. Bringing in all the courage he had, he answered Emmett, "I'm scared of us being together, but I really adore you so much Emmett. That I can't stay away and avoid you, so I'll stick with you through thick and thin Em. Because in the end, you're my forever." 

Asher had wide eyes and red cheeks when Emmett smiled like a mad man, "You honestly won't believe how long I've been waiting for someone like you to say those words," he replied earnestly. Eyes full of love that could devour Asher in an instant, so he did just that. Took two fingers to Ashers chin and brought them together, a smooth and sweet kiss, not long growing passionate but no desperation. Just in love with the idea of actually being together now, before pulling away. 

"This may be crazy but, my moon, how long have you been on this Earth?" Asher asked almost silent. 

"Well, darling, crazy enough, 90 whole years," Emmett said in a low whisper. Wondering how his mate was going to take that answer. 

The gasp that Asher let out shocked some of the animals from their sleep, "I fucking knew you were too proper to be a teenager from this era!" he said rather smugly. 

"What can I say? Bad habits are hard to be broken," Emmett laughed brightly, elated how well Asher took that age but the next question really rocked his world, more like statement honestly.

"Then by putting my clues together, you're an undying soul frozen in time. Impossibly strong and beautiful, sharper canines than most, so you've got to be an infamous vampire?" Asher stated pretty blunt but a smile growing on his face. 

"Right on the dot like you always are, love," Emmett spoke almost star struck by how casual Asher was being. But it was everything he had hoped for when the truth was in the air, and it made both their nights. They were finally together and had a lot of truth flying around in the air. Both extremely giddy for the next day to come being the official couple they were now. 

~

the truth is out on Emmetts side, eek! exciting stuff happening, and more than likely gonna have a snippet of first beach and then the baseball game to get to the more fun stuff! Hope y'all liked this as much as me :) I think its cute

- jordon