Sixteen

Today Asher was joining Bella and her friends to the trip to First Beach, she had admitted to asking Edward to go with her before asking him. He didn't care, he laughed about it because he knew that the Cullen boy wouldn't go to the beach in general. They were expecting the weather to be at least a bit nicer than the frigid ice box they were met with at the beach. The group was gathered around a bunch of fans with the heat on max as the brave souls that were going into the water got ready. 

"I'm still going to at least paddle out," Jessica said as she was pulling the zipper to her wetsuit up, and she turned to the Swan siblings. "You guys sure you don't want to get in the water?" Clearly teasing them with the question. 

Asher scoffed, "If you want me to die from hypothermia, then by all means Jess. Of course we'll join you!" he answered sweetly, making the others laugh and she even grinned wickedly at the response. 

"You'll come out to the sand to atleast watch for some whales, right?" Angela asked, hope glimmering in her eyes. 

"Well of course Angie, anything for you," Asher told her with a bright smile. Angela on the other hand was starting to glow red at the boy, not expecting him to be so charming and sweet. She didn't think he was going to be so keen being with them since he would, assumingly, want to be with Emmett Cullen more now than ever considering the new development that had taken over the school. 

As Bella was sitting in the middle, she just rolled her eyes at the two. Quietly wishing the others goodluck as they took their paddle boards out to the cold sand. "Asher, you should stop being such a flirt with my friends," she huffed. 

"Oh whatever Bells, this is all platonic, plus we both know Angie is pining for Eric," he replied nonchalontly.

"Ash, you can't just say that!" Bella shrieked while waking his shoulder as he was laughing at the situation happening. 

"Bella, it's fine, plus I was just about to start talking about him," Angela said with a light giggle, "But seriously, he won't ask me to the dance! I have no idea why he wouldn't? Like one day he's all ooey and gooey with me, and then the next I'm like a ghost. So to say the least, he's being annoying and i'm frustrated with the whole thing." 

Bella thought for a moment, "What if you just take charge and ask him to the dance yourself? You're a strong and independent woman," she responded with an encouraging smile. 

"Exactly! Wear the pants and ask the dude out, he seems like a lost puppy without you anyways," Asher added. 

Angela smiled at the two, "You guys are right, I am a strong independent woman and I will ask Eric!" 

Some time after that the group who went in the water came back right as three teens walked up to them, defenitly from the Rez as most of the Forks group didn't recognize them. Bella and Asher perked at the sight of Jacob, they're favorite resident besides Billy, was with the teens. 

"Jake! I didn't know you were coming here!" Bella stated enthusiastically. 

"Well it is my Rez?" he responded slyly, making Asher roll his eyes at the obvious flirting. 

Jessica seemed to catch on and said "Good thing you're here, you can keep her company since her date bailed!" 

"Date? What date?" Mike exclaimed wanting to know now. 

"Edward Cullen of course," she responded a grin growing. 

Bella's cheeks grew red before replying, "I was only asking to be nice."

That made Jake and his friends scoff, "The Cullens don't come here," one of them said. That struck a nerve of curiosity in Bella, so with that the group went to the beach to mess around. Asher decided to stay away from the walking pairs and he was joined with one of Jakes friends, Embry he assumed. 

"Is there a reason you don't wanna hang with all them?" Embry inquired.

"Nah, these kids aren't my usual scene. Plus I think Bella wanted to have Jake explain that comment you said," Asher told him truthfully and he didn't miss the younger boys eyes go wide. "don't worry about me asking for an explanation, I've heard it from my boyfriend."

"Thanks, but I didn't realize you were dating a Cullen yourself," Embry simply said. 

"Considering that I am almost 3 years older than you and you don't go to Forks high, I wouldn't have expected you to know anyways little Embry," Asher told him with a smile, meeting the younger boys widened brown eyes. 

"Sometimes I forget you're older by the way the Blacks talk about you," he joked trying to make the mood less awkward and it did manage a loud laugh. 

"Of course Billy would talk about me like that, silly old man he is," Asher said through his laughter. 

As the day went on the two spent the rest of the time talking, since everyone else was preoccupied with each other. Plus Asher wanted to make some friends along the way that weren't directly tied to his sister and her ever growing pool of friend. He didn't realize that she would be the popular one this go around, but he did enjoy not having to keep up with all those people that claimed to be his friend. He was simply fine with Emmett and his siblings to keep his life juicy, even with Bella inserting herself there with Edward, Asher didn't mind much. Because even if he wanted her to get on the same level of friendship as he was with the Cullens, Bella tends to keep her blinders on herself and what she wanted. So he knew that she was going to not get along with Rose, that's for sure. Him and Rose on the other hand were as thick as thieves, ganging up on Emmett whenever they had the chance. It was all light hearted fun and the sight of a pouty em always made his heart gush at the sight. 

Back in the ever silent Swan house Asher and Emmett were laying with each other, content with the silence. Emmett loved how snuggly Ash would get after a long day of anything, so with the human boy on his chest everything felt right in the world. Not knowing that their lives were going to be turned a bit by Bella finding out the truth for her own in the next coming days and finally getting into a relationship with Edward, and which Asher would not be prepared for a questioning of his own by Bella. But that was all in the future, nothing to worry about when Emmett and Asher were in each others arms. 

~

<3 love my boys, hope you guys enjoy and thank you all for the votes!

- jordon