Forty five

Asher was waiting restlessly for his sisters return so that he could do his final wish for her and he'd be free to travel the world without worry for her life. But when they were gone for a little bit over two weeks something happened. Alice called worriedly, saying she couldn't see Bella's future anymore and then the bomb dropped. 

She was pregnant. 

That was when everything happened in a second, the married couple were back in a day. Bella growing worse as the days went on and Asher didn't like seeing his sister like this. He wanted to convince her to take it out of her, maybe even go as far as using his gift on her. But she was dead set on keeping the thing, so he sat by her side. Keeping his mouth shut whenever she started cooing at her stomach that keeps growing insanely fast every day, sucking the life out of her. Asher would definitely have supported this if it were a normal human pregnancy, but it wasn't. 

So he went Edward, because this was the one thing that they agreed on. 

"Edward, what can we do? I can't keep forcing myself watching this, I know you hate this as much as I," he told him desperately one evening far enough away from listening ears. 

"Asher, we've both been looking for ways to get her to end this. But she isn't letting up," he told him, listening to Ashers thoughts run wild. Then an idea occurred, "She has told me that you are the one to be changing her, so what if you use your gift and convincer her she doesn't want it?" 

"We don't know if it'll work on her Edward," he told him. 

"But it's worth trying," Edward pushed. 

"I guess I will." Asher didn't like thinking about using his gift on her, he didn't want to in the first place but to make sure she was safe. That was the priority. The two men parted ways after that short talk, both hoping it'd work with varying levels of worry. Asher went to his cottage where Emmett was waiting for him, of course Emmett had other plans on his mind until he saw Asher's face. 

"Oh God, what happened?" Emmett asked speeding to Ashers arms. 

"Well you know I had a chat with Edward but I'm not sure I like the idea he had," Asher began taking a pause but Emmett urged him to keep going. "He wants me to use my gift on her, convince her she really doesn't want this." 

Emmett was shocked at hearing this, even more so that Asher was going along with it. "Ash, you can't do that. This is her choice, I thought of all people you'd be by her side fighting for her. Why aren'y you?" 

"Em, if this were a normal human pregnancy I'd be right by her side. But this isn't right, that fetus is literally sucking the life out of her every day!" he defended. 

"You may be right, but you can't take away her choice! Don't do this to her, she won't ever forgive you if she finds out or even works. Because you know that your gift might not even work on her," Emmett argued. 

"You're right, I don't know but I can't watch this happen! This isn't how it was supposed to go," he cried out. 

"Ash, you should know better than anyone here that life doesn't act kindly to those who do the right thing," Emmett told him softly. 

"Thats the part that hurts the worst Em," he whispered. 

"Then let it all play out, how fate intended it to be." 

"I won't go along with it, I promise you that," Asher agreed honestly. 

More days had passed, Charlie calling every so often making sure was safe and alive, but on this day Jake decided to let his wrath be known to the Cullens. Demanding to see Bella and when he did he was shocked, disgusted at the least seeing her so fragile made his stomach twist. Rosalie was guarding her like a hawk and helped her stay stable. 

He looked straight at Edward fury on his face, "You did this to her!" 

Carlisle stepped in to fuse the tension, "I didn't even know this was possible, believe me we've tried everything to see what it is and how to fix this," he tried to explain. 

"Do you even know what it is?" Jake asked harshly, glaring daggers towards Bella's stomach. 

"No, I can't even see the thing inside of her," Alice told him honestly. 

Jake scoffed before exploding again, "Then take it out of her! Can't you see its killing her from the inside out?" 

Rosalie took to the defense, "This isn't your business dog!" 

"Enough! This fighting isn't good for Bella," Esme stepped in. 

"That fetus isn't good for her," Alice mumbled. 

"God, just say it Alice 'baby' it's not that hard, it's just a little baby," Rosalie demanded which earned a soft maybe from jasper. 

"We all need to take a breath for a moment," Asher tried to ease the room. He could tell Bella wasn't happy about the fighting, and all he wanted was for her to be comfortable. 

They ignored his plea and Jacob spoke again, "Carlisle you have to do something." 

But then Bella cut in, "No. He doesn't have to do anything, it is none of your decision. Only mine." 

That made everyone go silent, and it gave Edward a moment to get Jacobs attention to go outside. Asher and Rosalie got Bella back into a somewhat comfortable position, giving her reassuring remarks. Like Asher has always done, it was always make his sister happy. Even if it was something he didn't like, but anything for her. 

When Jake came back in Asher knew it was another attempt to get her to let them take the baby away from her, so he spoke up. "If you're going to try and talk her out of this leave, she's not going to listen. This is what she wants, no one can change her mind, no matter how much people disagree." 

Jake listened to Asher for once and decided to skip his pleas, so he asked Bella "When did you and blondie become besties?" 

"Well she's the only one who really supports this," she told him. 

"Are you thinking clearly Bell?" he asks. 

Before Bella had a chance Asher spoke again, "You need to leave Jake." And he left promptly after that. "Easy money, now Bella you need to rest. Rose can you take her to bed?" 

"Of course," she told him with a smile. She always did love watching his gift work on others so flawlessly.

~

Yea, I decided I want the drama of Nessie so here she comes! But it won't be like before, I promise you that . 

-jordon