Thirty eight

During the upcoming weeks to Bella's wedding, Asher decided to continue influencing the kings in letting him go back to Forks permanently. He was very close in finishing his plan for freedom, Aro had spoken to him about letting him go once he got confirmation young Bella had finally joined them. Asher was going to convince Aro to let Luke go with him and that was probably going to be the harder part, sure Luke was on better terms on being let go. But his gift was so unique to the guard and it would be slim to finding another person close to having a power similar to that. Using Asher's own gift to get Luke out of the guards grasp was probably going to be the best bet on getting the blond out. 

The group were on their way to let the Kings know that it was time for them to leave, and Ashers final shot on getting Luke out. 

"Masters, we are just about to leave on our trip to see to it that Bella will be an immortal in a weeks time," Asher started but before he continued he put his gift to work, "Luke will not be coming back master Aro, Caius, Marcus, you all thought his powers were deemed unnecessary in the long run and you allowed him to stay with me. we stay true to our word and send you notice that Bella is turned and you stay out of our business forever." 

"We wish you the best, don't forget to send a note about your sisters status of life! We will send a notice in return on what we deem is best for future problems," Aro dismissed. The others merely nodded, still feeling the affects of asher's gift. That gave Asher an out, leading Emmett and Luke out the door with satisfied grin on his face.

"Wow that was amazing! They didn't even bat an eye at your demands, Asher you could literally take over the world by just saying a few words!" Emmett gushed, he never got to see Asher use his gift very much. 

"You're too kind Em, now lets get out of here! Freedom waits for no one!" Asher exclaimed and sprinted out the doors of the castle, loving the feeling of the warm Italian sun. Realization hit him, "Shit we've gotta get to the shadows!" 

Emmett and Luke let out loud laughs as they stood in the shadows of an ally, just watching Asher be a spaz. "Yeah, we already knew that," Luke struggled to say between his chuckles. 

"Pfft, whatever, lets go," Asher grumbled as Luke lead the way to the airport. 

"Asher, thank you for getting me out of there. I was getting tired of doing the same thing every day for the past 200 years, it got repetitive after awhile," Luke told him honestly. 

"It was no problem Luke, you're stuck with this insane family for life might as well help you out," Asher told him with a smile. Sure it was a big deal, but Asher would help out anyone who wanted out of there, well anyone who would come up to him. 

.   .   . 

They were finally back in Washington and they were all so excited to be back, well at least Emmett and Asher was. Luke was a little nervous, he'd only been here once and had never even met the person he was trying so hard to get to. But he knew that she was the one, and he also knew she is a force to be reckoned with, he just felt it. That's what made it exciting, Rosalie was everything he'd ever need in a person.

Asher on the flip side, was excited but he only wanted to see his father and sister. Select members of the Cullen family made his little list too, such as Rosalie, Jasper, and Esme. The rest of them were going to have a sweet chit chat about how better things could have gone if Edward wasn't stupid and jumpy. But that was a conversation to be held after the wedding, because that was a happy day. Emmett was completely aware of Ashers plan and agreed with his whole heart, he would fight for what Asher was put through till his last breath. It was unfair in the grand scheme of things, out of all the scenarios Edward and Alice had probably saw there was most definitely a better outcome. 

Sure Asher wouldn't be like this, he was more for fighting for him rather than dropping everything else that was going on in the world. He would still be the same old Asher who would save Bella from the scary reality that was thrust upon them the moment they moved back from Phoenix. Emmett especially liked this version of Asher, seeing him more sure of himself and actually able to say no to someone. This was probably a good thing in the end, but still super shitty on how it all played out. 

The nerves were building up every second they approached the Cullen house, they could already hear the family working on making their backyard perfect enough for Alice. But all movement stopped once they took notice to three different scents, two very familiar and one they didn't know at all. Alice hadn't told the family that Asher and Emmett were coming home for good, she wanted it to be a surprise. For the most part everyone besides Edward knew about it, but he kept Alice's word on not saying anything. He was excited for their return and not so excited about the aftermath of his decisions. 

It was like time stopped once the boys came into view, everyone dropped what they were doing. Rosalie was the first to give Asher a bone crushing hug, she had missed him so much. It had been so long since they saw each other since they had originally left and she never had the chance to ever say goodbye or even sorry for going. She was stupid for ever agreeing with Edward in the first place, but now he was back, but she didn't know for how long. 

"Ash..." she started to say in a shaky voice, "I'm so glad to see you, how long will this last?" 

"Oh Rosie, you're stuck with me for the long run," he whispered. Rosalie was his best friend in a sense. 

"Is there no hellos for me Rosie-bear?" Emmett interrupted with a giant grin. 

"Whatever, I see you more than him. But I did miss you I guess," she laughs and takes a step away from Asher. Observing the new boy, there was that same tingling feeling she had from the battlefield when she looked at him. He was more beautiful up close to her, rather than what she first saw. His longer blonde hair and brooding face made it more electrifying to see him, so she spoke. "Are you going to tell me who this stranger is?" 

This was Luke's chance to make his first appearance, "My names Luke Dubois, I'm a friend of Ashers. We met in the guard, but he's graciously taken me away from them to come meet you," he told the girl. She grinned, a pretty French boy came all this way to meet her? Seems like a fantasy.