Twenty nine

Today was the day they were leaving for cloudy skies of Ireland and as excited as they were, Asher decided to tell Charlie that he was going on a trip. But he wasn't going into full detail about how long they'd be gone, just the bare minimum would be a good deal. So now, he was outside of his fathers house and he made sure it was when Bella was in school. They still on the best of terms and it was conveniently Charlies lunch break, so everything worked out. 

He knocked on the door waiting for an answer, with grumbling footsteps Asher put on a giant smile. The door opened and chocolate brown eyes widened at the sight of his son, "What are you doing back here? Aren't you supposed to be at school?" Charlies asks. 

"Jeez old man, no hello?" Asher joked, "Anyways I'm taking a few weeks off to travel Europe with Emmett, and we're taking off today so I can't stay long," he explains to his father. 

"Well that's very soon and spontaneous," Charlie says in surprise. Not sure what to say to all this information exactly. 

"I know, but it was just recently decided and no time is better than the present Dad!" Asher laughs lightly, awaiting the tsunami of questions. 

"You just have to promise to be safe, send me a text every now and then, and we can talk more when you get back. So have fun and please don't get arrested by some foreign police because it'll take a lot to get you back here," Charlie told him smiling big. Something wasn't sitting right with Asher, he expected a ton of questions, but there were none. 

"No questions about Emmett? Nothing about an impromptu trip to Europe?" Asher asked about to go on and on but Charlie stopped him. 

"Nope, you're grown and living on your own. I'm just glad you told me before going and and I want you to have fun without worrying about me or your sister, who is starting therapy after your talk. We set it up for her first appointment next week, I'll call you about it later. Now go! Have the time of your life," Charlie explained with a smile, that slightly faltered when he saw Asher tense with the mere mention of Bella but kept going. Before wrapping him in a big hug and shooing him away to get to the airport way early. 

Asher was still a bit curious about his fathers reaction, but he was right now that he was on his own he could do what he wanted. So when he pulled up tour guide Emmett was ready the moment Asher pulled up and after they stuffed the car they were off to go off into the unknown. They were bursting at the seams excited about forgetting about everything that had been happening and decided to be corny tourists while on their trip abroad. That was decided the minute they stepped off the plane in Ireland, really wanting the full experience. 

The first week was spent acting like drunkards in Dublin, and spent the nights exploring the cobbled streets. The second they went to Belfast to look at the historic titanic museum, after the days they spent there they hopped the pond. Hitting up Scotland and of course England, Asher loved London so they spent way longer than planned there. Even asking Emmett if eventually they could live there after they were done with Forks, Asher didn't want to jump back into high school and Emmett happily agreed because school is a drag. 

After the London adventure Emmett was hellbent on going to Paris, a special surprise apparently. Even calling special favors when he thought Asher wasn't listening, but he did try and be as vague as possible. Because Asher was very noisy and always figured out what Emmett was hiding, but Emmett begged for Asher not pry just this once because the outcome will be very special.  

After exploring all of Paris and after two months of staying away from reality, they were planning on leaving the next day. But it was time for the special evening Emmett had been planning, they were going for a walk along the cliffs of Parc des Buttes Chaumont during the evening. It was completely deserted, making Asher very suspicious. 

"Why is one of the most popular tourist spots a ghost town?" Asher asked, not minding the alone time but Emmett was being weird.

"It was one of the favors I asked for," he smiled while guiding Asher down the path. 

"Hm, interesting," as they slowed down and got a spot very private Asher was amazed at the scene. 

Fairy lights were wrapped around tree branches giving a beautiful glow to the secluded area, flowers all around. A little table was set in the middle with two flumes of Champagne infused with a bit of blood to make it easier to have the real deal without the horrible taste. 

"This is beautiful Emmett! What an amazing way to end our hurrah," Asher smiled. He had figured out that his wonderful boyfriend was planning on proposing, Emmett wasn't slick about hiding anything but Asher wanted him to have the ideal setting and he needed to be clueless for him. 

"I'm so glad you like it, I had Alice set it all up so we could enjoy the day together before coming here," he told him with grin going ear to ear. 

"No fair! you talked to Alice and didn't let me get a word in?" Asher complained with a smile and then took a seat. 

"You'll get a chance soon enough, love, now I know you've been nosin' around in my business but now you get to know all," Emmett started, a look of nerves crossing his face, so Asher took his hand with a reassuring smile. "I know it's been a whirl wind of a year since we met, but the best part of it all was when I met you and your witty comments and glimmering ocean eyes have captured me. Yes we've had our off points, but everything has been amazing and I love you so much that I can't wait another minute that you aren't mine forever-"

Asher couldn't help but interrupt, "But forever is already set in stone Em," he tells him with a light laugh. 

"Well yes, but Asher what I want is," he takes a moment to grab something from his pocket, "My forever is having you as my husband, so will you marry me?"

If vampires could cry, tears would be considered a down pour in this moment, "Oh Em, of course, you're my everything and more my love." Asher spoke with a slight shake in his voice but the grin on his face threw all concern out the window when he took the box. Emmett grinned in delight when he took the box back to put the delicate golden band on Ashers ring finger, his eyes glazed over with happiness. It wasn't that extravagant of a ring, it was carved in a vine like shape   in pale yellow gold. He knew how Asher was, materialistic yes, but not in your face type way and this nature inspired ring perfectly showed that is taste was well meant but still beautiful. 

"You have probably made this day the best one of my 81 years of being on this earth and I'll keep loving you forever-" he was going to go on but Asher interrupted him with a passionate kiss. 

A flash of a camera was heard behind them, taking the pair both by surprise and then they were smashed into a hug by a spiky haired pixie. "Oh gosh you two are precious! Congratulations, it was so cute watching from afar and many pictures were taken to remember everything forever," Alice spoke brightly. 

"Ali! Thank you so much and what a surprise! It's amazing seeing you," Asher exclaims with a glittering smile before smashing her into a separate hug. 

"Yes, thank you Alice for setting this up truly. Forever in your debt sister of mine," Emmetts thanks while giving her another bone crushing hug. 

"Anything for you two, plus letting me plan your wedding will settle the debt," she tells him with an award winning smile. 

The other two shared a look, "Well then debt settled, but please Alice nothing too crazy. I like extra, but your level of extra tops mine," Asher pleads, but she lets out a harsh gasp. 

"Rude, but I'll keep it in mind," she tells them with her smile still glowing, "Now I hate to break this little party up but I've got to get back to the family. But I'll see you two soon enough," with one last hug she rushes away. The pair just looked at each other and laughed her off, she's always going to be a busy bee. 

"This was the best night of my life Emmett, I hope you  believe it truly," Asher tells him again. 

"I really do believe you Asher and besides, the next best day is going to be the day you're mine officially in the eyes of society," Emmett says while bringing his Fiancé into another kiss. 

They spent the rest of the night filled with joy and love, but it was all going to be put to a hold when they got an urgent call in the morning claiming Edward was going to expose himself to the Volturi because Isabella had passed unexpectedly.