Thirty nine

Asher was truthful so happy to be back in Forks and excited about seeing his father. 

Charlie however, had no idea where Asher was. He thought Ash would've been back a few months back when all the Cullens came back, but he didn't. The explanation he got was Asher decided to live there and study during the summer and that they didn't know when he was going back. That didn't sit well with Charlie, because he knew his son would've told him himself rather than having some shitty excuse coming from his sister once she came back from running off to Italy for some reason. Charlie just decided that he'd wait for his son to come back with a better excuse instead of doing something. Asher is the more responsible child and Bella was becoming a handful because of that stupid Cullen. He would get his answers at the wedding, Charlie knew for a fact that Asher would never miss his little sister getting married. 

Back in the Cullens backyard all of the family was now outside, welcoming the three boys home. It was a happy time, but when Edward came to Asher to greet him, thats when things started going sideways. 

"Before you even think about speaking to me, lets' go have a chat dear Eddie," Asher spoke. His happy and glimmering smile now turned into a look of disgust. Edward complied and they went into the forest for some privacy. 

"I just want you to know that-" Edward tried to begin but Asher wasn't letting him spout more lies. 

"Nope, you're not allowed to say anything right now. Like you did before, you're going to stay silent. I honestly have thought about that day in Italy so many times and it's drove me insane how you didn't say anything to help me get out of there, when I literally saved you from getting your ass handed to you by Felix. Because I know for a fact that you and Alice could have gone through a Rolodex of outcomes in a second, but you settled for an easy outcome. Sending off the older brother to save the little sister, again, for you. Edward, don't you see once you told her the secret she was living on borrowed time?" Asher ranted loudly, taking a breath he continues.

"I kept saving her skin and you take all the fucking credit Edward! I really hate you for your horrendous decision making and I don't think you're good for Bella, you ruined her actually. And guessed who put her back together because you left? Oh right, I did! But that doesn't matter because you're going to take the credit again since you came back after trying to pull a Romeo and Juliet. I'm nothing in your eyes but bargaining chips, but you Edward, in my mind, you're nothing but a controlling prick who decides peoples fate for fun." Asher finished his speech which a nice sucker punch to Edwards jaw. He was beginning to walk away, but edward decided to speak up. 

"If thats what you really think, that's totally fine. Just remember that I'm going to be in your life permanently by the end of tomorrow, and we will have to be a family. I can live with you hating me and I don't hold it against you, because in the end I don't regret anything I did to save her life," Edward spoke with such a condescending tone that made asher whip his head around in absolute disbelief. He couldn't believe Edward told him that straight to his face, that really made him blow. 

"You're completely insane!" Asher screamed and lunged at Edward. 

In a mere matter of seconds Asher was pounding Edward into the ground, pure rage coursing through him. Everything was red, he didn't feel Edward trying to defend himself, he didn't feel when Carlisle pried them apart. But when Asher saw Carlisle, he went off again. This so called leader wasn't going to be let off the hook so easily with Asher, Carlisle needed to be shot back into reality. 

"Who do you think you are! Letting that foolish boy run around pretending to be the leader of your coven because of a human girl? It's insane you didn't stop it in the beginning, sure I wouldn't be involved with Emmett if you'd stop it. But everything would be so much better! Carlisle, when are you going to step up? Honestly, I could lead better than you in a second. You're lucky I even step foot back here when you two are the reason my life was ruined, your precise little Eddie didn't get what he wanted so you gave up your backbone to let him have everything. Your actions costed everything, because who cares about me when Bella is the star of the show?" Asher yelled to the elder, they just let him do it since there was no point in trying to stop him. This made Asher even angrier, they weren't saying anything, "You're not going to say anything? If you don't this just proves my point even further Carlisle." 

No one said anything after Asher ran off further into the woods, because they knew that he was right. Carlisle was stuck in silence and Edward was trying to brush it off, they both had very different thoughts running through their heads. 

But Carlisle was the first to say something, "He's right. I let you run free, I have always said you could do anything it takes to get what you want. But after what Asher said, you just took it a whole different level. Once you are married and back from your honeymoon, we're going to have a serious discussion Edward." And just like that Carlisle walked back to his house, helping set up the decorations. 

Everyone heard what Asher said and they had never realized the amount of pain he had, he always played it off. But only Asher knew how deeply rooted it was, Emmett knew a bit of it but it was never thoroughly talked about because Asher began loosing his cool if he talked too much about everything. 

For now, they were going to finish setting up the decorations to perfection and wait for the celebration to begin. While Asher sat in the forest, debating on if he was going to stay. He was going to the wedding of course, but he didn't know if coming back to the Cullens was good for him in the long run. Hatred makes you sick in the grand scheme of things and it was burning through him every time he was near some of the family. 

~

Wow! I did not expect that, but bestie ash lost it in a memorable way!!! Bro made everyone rethink their lives and now they weren't as perfect as they thought they were in the end.

I am quote proud of this chapter, so please let me know what you think!!

- jordon