Seven

Days had pass and it was now Friday, the day of the date that was not a date, but some things still bothered Asher. One, was Edward not being at school for rest of the week, even though Rose gave him an excuse, but Bella couldn't stop wondering. Two, why Bella was so adamant that him and Emmett hanging out was something more than friendly. Finally, how come that Jace kid didn't introduce himself sooner. 

But for today he was going to just vibe through it till him and Emmett meet up for the drive to the theater. Bella wanted him to look his best and tried to pick out an outfit, and Asher denied everything because her fashion sense was horrid. He couldn't believe that she had little faith in picking out an okay outfit, when he dressed better than her in an every day type of deal. 

"Jesus Iz, can you stop and leave me alone to get ready? Not to be rude, but you're doing a terrible job," Asher snaps, having enough of his doe eyed sister. 

"You know you're just being stubborn to not let me help you," she huffs. "But fine I'll stop." 

"Thank you, you are such a control freak sometimes," he says again with snappy tone. 

"Oh whatever, you're the one who's a control freak," she says before walking out of the room. Muttering not so nice things, but she leaves him alone finally. 

Asher decided on some ripped dark blue jeans, a white shirt, and a too big cardigan to be his aid in the chilly weather. Plus his yellow checkered slip on Vans, they were worn to the point people thought they were going to fall apart, but he loves them with his entire heart. They had been with him ever since he stopped growing in junior year, sure he wasn't really sone growing, but maybe his feet had taken a break. 

There was a knock at the door and some sprinting down the stairs to see who can get there first between the siblings. Surprising enough Bella actually got to the door with no injuries first, and she opened the door a little out of breath and a grin on her face. The boy at the door was a little shocked by her, expecting Asher to be opening the door, but he recovered with a smile. 

"Hey, uh I'm here to pick up Asher," Emmett says a bit awkwardly. 

"oh I know. I'm just here to make sure you aren't gonna do any funny business with him tonight," she says that same glimmer of mischief that is always in Asher's eyes made an appearance in her brown eyes. 

"I can't promise anything," the man in question answers with a wink. the swans eyes widen and jaws almost hitting the floor, and it makes the Cullen boy laugh, "I'm kidding you guys, we're just gonna hang and watch a movie," the laughter filling the air still. 

"yea, uh, sure, um, have fun you guys. Asher be home at a decent time for Charlie, okay?" she stutters out. 

"yes mom, I'll be home before tomorrow morning," he answers before slamming the door shut and running to the giant jeep before she could say anything else. "sorry about her, she's weird," he apologizes and feeling a bit embarrassed. 

"no worries Ash, I didn't expect anything less entertaining from that klutz," he assures with a smile that melts all the problems away. 

"I don't know where that even came from, she's been so pushy about this being more than friends hanging out all week. it's been driving me crazy," he tells Emmett. something inside the older boys heart kind of feels odd about Asher saying just friends hanging out, but he doesn't think anything of it. 

"It's cool Ash, she's a girl so it's cool. did you forget I have two other sisters? they've been bothering me about this too, they think we're just destined to be together. Alice even said that it was written in the stars. bit far fetched if you ask me," he explains and does that nervous thing where he rubs the back of his neck. 

"what is it with women? they're too complicated for my simple brain," Asher jokes. 

"honestly," Emmett agrees with a laugh. 

"besides we just met and I'd like to think we're better than middle schoolers who know each other for two seconds and say they're meant to be together forever, ya know?" he muses with another glint in his eyes that Emmett couldn't really read, so he laughed to hide some confusion.  "where did you go before moving here?" 

"We went to a school up in Alaska, some family lives there so it was easy to move up there after Carlisle got a new job at their hospital," Emmett explains. 

"That sounds cool, but do you guys move around a lot or somethin?" Asher asks. 

"I guess, yea, but it's no biggie. we're used to it, Carlisle is an amazing doctor so he likes to go anywhere to help as many people. ya know?" he tells Asher in awe. 

"he sounds like an amazing guy em. hopefully I get to meet him, just not as a patient," Asher laughs and it makes Emmett smile. 

They kept talking about their parents and siblings, mostly jokes and teasing, but all with love. Something about how Emmett spoke about his family made Asher feel kind of warm, in a way he guesses. probably because they had an actual family dynamic that wasn't split like his family. since Bella was more attached to their mom, him and his mothers relationship wasn't the best, but Asher liked his father more. causing the distance between him and Bella, even though Charlie did try his best she wouldn't work as much. both siblings have tired to get the other to be more accepting of the want their parents give them, but stubborn as always never budge. it was a little sad, but once they get over themselves it could be better. 

"ash, do you even know what we're going to see?" Emmett wonders, they never really made a set plan just going to the movies and nothing else. 

"uh, good question, cause I don't know," he responds with a grin. 

"definitely a good start," Emmett chuckles, "guess we'll figure that out once we get there."

"for sure, we really didn't do a good job making a plan," he kept trying to speak through his laughter making it even harder to get out what he wanted to say. 

"you got that right, but where's the fun in planning when being impulsive is the best," a wild grin grows on the amber eyed boy and Asher reciprocates the same grin. 

"finally another person who is as impulsive as me," the same glint from earlier gracing his eyes, "it gets pretty dull with the voice of reason, being my sister, is always in my ear nagging about literally anything."

"trust me I get it, having this family for as long as I have, the nagging fades as background noise," Emmett says. 

"that's be nice cause it's even worse with the police chief as your dad," ash exclaims with a laugh. 

"oh, shit, you definitely have a worse end. bright side we can be reckless idiots together," the grin Emmett gives enough for Asher to agree to this. 

following that statement they go to the theater and choose some random comedy, and after that  instead of being normal they walk around the town. being overly obnoxious and going into shops, Emmett insisted on buying everything. Asher didn't like it, but Emmett was not letting him say no to his insistence. 

"you need to stop buying everything em," Asher groaned as they left the mall since it was closing for the night.

"but I wanted too and have the means too," Emmett tried to reason. 

"so? I'm my own person, but next time I'm buying," Asher told him. 

"oh so there's gonna be a next time?" Emmett responds cheekily  

"yea, you got a problem with that big boy?" Asher smirks. 

"only if you do, ash," Emmett returns that smirk. 

"that's good, cause I'd never have a problem hanging with you beef boy," he responds smirks growing on both their faces. 

Something was happening between the two, but they didn't even notice between themselves. but either way, they were happy about it and that's all they needed. 

~

here you go my loves, hope you enjoy baby ash and em jokes, cause i did and i love them with all my heart

Jordon <3