Thirty three

It had been a couple weeks since Asher was living in Italy, he had starved himself for sometime. He really didn't want to drink human blood, but something took over him when he smelt sweet aroma of blood when it was meal time for the rest of the guard. It just overtook his senses and when his canines bit into some random human a frenzy started, he drank till he couldn't anymore. Relishing in the strength he felt, it was so much different than the stale animal blood he had been surviving on. 

There was a laugh from his side and in all his frenzy he looked over, "You look like this your first time feeding ever," this man spoke. He had blonde and blood red eyes, not overly muscular but lean in his slender but tall frame. 

"Easy to say it is, I'm still considered a new born around these parts," Asher told him with a bloodstained grin. 

"Fair enough," the man held out his hand for Asher to shake, "I'm Luke."

Asher took his hand, "You already know who I am, but nice to meet you," Asher greeted politely. 

"You've got cool eyes newbie, but they're better red instead of amber," Luke commented before leaving the room. Meeting people wasn't unusual for Asher when he was here, but something about this guy struck something in him. Maybe this was how he'd get out of there? It was too soon for thinking about that. The deal was too fresh and if Asher ran he'd be on the run forever, and he wanted to be able to be free no ties. Yes, he could use his gift but right now there would be so many loose ends. Everything is about timing, it had to be so specific that it would backfire in an instant if it happened too early. He was here to learn information that could help him get out, to be liberated.

The other thing was he had been hearing whispers around the halls about a newborn army in Seattle brewing. It made him worry, but he knew that the Cullens had it handled and the Volturi will step in when the time is right. Everything that Aro stood for was scheming and manipulating the reality for his advantage, with Caius strategizing by his side and Marcus being the voice of reason when the other two went a little too crazy. Asher had to get in the upper circle to join the small group that was going to see what the issues were. The safest bet would be to smooth talk his way in by going to Jane or even just ask the demanding sources. He didn't want them to think that he was only asking to go with to run, it would just be making sure that his family was safe. So he put his plan in action, going to Jane. She wouldn't want to talk but he didn't need her to talk, just be in the are where she can hear him speak. 

He was walking the halls just looking for her and he found her in this maze with her twin, Alec. They were speaking about something but he didn't care to know too much about it, he got a few steps closer and they knew he was there by the foot steps. So Asher spoke, "Jane I need you to get me on the guard going to Seattle," it was more a whisper in the wind and it didn't make her think it was odd in the slightest. Just a mere suggestion works for things like that, small easy things. 

"Brother, I've got to go speak to master about something meet me back in the library?" she told Alec her cold voice. He quickly agreed and they split ways, Asher decided to just keep walking the same way she did. Of course he knew that this plan would work, but he had to see it through. This meant there was a chance in seeing Emmett for a brief moment and he couldn't pass up the opportunity. 

Jane was still walking and Asher was whispering more reassuring demands in the air, making it the perfect set up. She eventually got to some door, probably Aro's study, that's where it's been said he spends his days when there were no trials happening. Day trials were too spotty with sun shining weather of Italy. When Jane went into the study she spent several minutes talking and when she came out Asher whispered again, "Were you successful?"

"Of course," she answered her eyes seemed hazy when he talked to her. Then she snapped out of it and her cold stone face was back and immediately she took notice to Asher, "Swan, Master wants to speak with you." That's all she said before promptly walking away. 

Asher didn't know what to expect walking into Aro's private study, so he put on his usual charging smile with a glimmer of mischievous in his eyes. When he got to the door there was a muffled 'come in.' 

"Jane said you wanted to see me?" Asher asked politely. 

"Yes! She had asked me for you to join the little scouting team to Seattle, it was rather random and considering you have very personal ties to Washington. Do you have any idea why she'd ask?" he pondered to Asher. 

"It just seemed like having the best people go with someone who knew the area super well, plus with Felix's tracking abilities it seems like a perfect match. Another thing would be you want information as to why there's an army being created and I'm perfectly suited in gathering it for you," Asher explained with such nonchalance that Aro was almost believing that Asher wasn't manipulating his way into this. 

"Sure, those are both very good reasons but what I don't like about this is you could be plotting in running away and I can't have that. So, I've told Jane if you make a run for it young Bella will be killed in a second. Understand?" Aro spoke with a manic smile. 

"I wouldn't dream of running Aro, this is all for her safety," Asher assured with his charmed smile growing. 

"Of course," Aro agreed, "But I do know one thing that's for sure. No matter what I say you'll see your mate, correct?" 

"I can't lie and say no to that, he's my life you know how that is," Asher told him truthfully. Better to say some truth than lie the entire time, makes it more believable. 

"I'll allow it, but you know that my offer for him living with us is still an option. I can only imagine how much your soul hurts because of the distance," Aro explains, "It would be no strings attached to the guard for him." 

"Thank you so much for letting me see him and I'll speak about the offer," Asher accepted with such gratitude. 

"That'll be all for now and your group will be leaving in four days, so when Jane comes to get you be ready," Aro dismissed with a smile. 

Asher left with a bow of his head and the grin that over took his face would be the most genuine one he'd have for weeks. His plan had worked, and he'd keep his word about not running away. It'd be all for nothing he did in the end, so he was happy about the way his way is going.