Forty one

It was the morning of Bella Swans wedding and she felt very conflicted. Something didn't feel right after Edward explained his side of the story, she wanted to talk to her brother. She wanted his side, because in retrospect Asher was more trustworthy than Edward, he always hit her with the truth even if it was brutal. So that was her mission, get Asher in the room with her to talk. The hard part was letting him into the room since Alice was controlling everything to her best ability. 

"Alice, before we go any further. I need to talk to my brother," Bella firmly stated. Alice stared her down in the mirror, she knew everything that had happened the night before and she wasn't so sure letting Asher talk to Bella be the right move. 

"But Bella boys shouldn't be present when a bride is getting ready," Alice brushed off. 

"He's seen it all Alice, it's important that we speak," Bella pushed and grinned when Alice just sighed.

"I guess I'll allow it, I'll go bring him here and you stay put miss. Drink some water and have a snack while I find him," Alice instructed before walking away. She honestly didn't know where to look since he hadn't come back to the house since yesterday, maybe he was in that little cottage? Probably the best bet. So she made her way to the little house. 

Asher was putting on his suit when Alice came into the room, he scoffed seeing her reflection. 

"Asher, I'm just the messenger right now," she began, "Bella wanted to talk to you and asked me to come get you."

"Fine," he simply said. Finishing his suit off with his cuff links he walked to the Cullen house, it looked magical. A perfect venue for a wedding for the ages, Alice had outdone herself really. He made his way through the house following her scent so he didn't have to speak to anyone and when he got to the room he simply walks in. "I heard the bride was calling for me?"

Bella shot up at his voice and ran to his open arms, "Asher it's so good to see you," she whispered with tears in her eyes. 

"Now, now little sis, we don't want to ruin Alices work of art," he cooed, "What did you want to talk about?" 

She let out a shaky breath, "I know you and Edward had a fight. He said you did awful things to him even though he was trying to apologize, but it didn't feel right. Please tell me your side?" 

Asher took in a deep breath of her, he didn't want to really talk about this today but she needed the truth for real this time. "Bella, he never was going to apologize for this. You should know this, he told me that he was never going to regret sending me away for the sake of you. I was merely a bargaining chip for their safety, not just yours. Aro wants Alice and Edward to join his ranks because of their gifts but he was satisfied with me," Asher told her. "If I hadn't convinced Aro to let me leave with my own gift, I would never be here for you. Now with that said, I don't blame you if you still love him and marry him. But I need you to know that I will never forgive him for his actions with my life, he destroyed me for you to live on borrowed time. I won't ever hold it against you because I could never hate you, but Edward I'll hate him forever Bella." 

She couldn't believe what she was hearing, Edward told her that he was going to apologize for everything but it was a stone cold lie to the face. "This can't be happening Ash. I don't know what to do, tell me what I should do? You were always the rational one, I can't decide anything right now," she rushed out starting to blubber. 

"Bell, you can do whatever you want. I won't hate you if you still want to marry him, I don't factor into your relationship because what happened between me and him is between us. Just be wary of him, you know I don't trust him at all anymore," was all Asher said and did not help Bella at all. 

She still loved Edward, but this happening just made things more complicated. She wanted to be with him, even though the strain between her bother and him made her want to stay away for good. Maybe it was okay to still marry him? They just needed to work on a few things to make everything work, but she didn't know if he'd try to lie again. 

Finally she came to a decision, "Ash, I'm going to stick it out and marry him. But the trust I have in him is thin. The one thing I want you to do is be the person who changes me, will you do that?" 

That threw him off, him change her? Thats crazy talk, but it would be the satisfying final blow to Edward and that made him grin. "Of course little sister, I would love to do that for you." 

Hiiiii happy new year!! finally this year is over, but I don't think 2022 will be the best either. Cause if you expect dissapointment, you never really will be disappointed wise words from miss mj.

Also I know that we don't want Bella marrying Eddie anymore but mr. toxic always has your throat in his grip. So the wedding is still on but Bella isn't trusting Edward anymore! thats a plus I guess lol. 

Asher will always have Bellas best interest in his heart and will always give her support in what she truly wants in the end. 

-jordon