Five

It was the morning after girl talk with Bella, and both were determined to see Edward and talk about his problem with the younger Swan. However, there attempts were stopped when they didn't see a shiny silver Volvo pull up, instead it was a cherry red BMW and a giant Jeep. No copper haired boy in sight, just the two brunets and blondes were here today, it made Bella a little disheartened that he wasn't there. Asher assured her that he would talk to the other siblings about it, first it'd be Rosie, but he didn't know how that was going to go. 

So, he went to History on a mission to see Rosalie. She of course knew he was coming and knew that she wasn't going to spill anything about the whole ordeal, but it amused her how much Asher wanted answers for his dear sister. Just to spill enough to quench the blue eyed boys thirst.

"Good morning Asher," she greets first. It took Asher by surprise that she, Rosalie Hale, spoke first. 

"Morning Blondie," he answers with a smile. "Did you have a good night?" He asks. 

"I did actually, pretty eventful, Edward took a spontaneous camping trip up north with some distant relatives. He didn't tell us why though, just left," she says. 

"That's pretty interesting considering he was a total prick to my sister," he says casually and it caught Rosalie off guard making her laugh a bit. 

"You really just called him a prick? No one has the guts to insult a Cullen, especially a new kid," she muses, she liked the path they were taking. 

"Well you don't know the half of it when you're dealing with me, sweat heart," he winks. 

"True enough, and you don't even know the quarter of the hell we put up with pertaining the ever brooding Edward Cullen," she says a smirk growing on both their faces. 

"He does seem like the type to brood, but Rosie, babe, do you have any details to why your angsty brother was rude to my dear Bella?" he asks, his tone was joking but the undertones were  serious. 

"Like I said all he does is brood, so he doesn't handle new things very well and becomes like that. It's simple enough Asher," she explains, not a care in the world towards the little insults being thrown around about her brother. 

"I guess, but that doesn't give him the right to make my sister feel humiliated. She at least deserves an explanation from him when he gets back," he tells her. 

Rosalie really does admire the protection Asher gives Bella, she didn't really understand why she was so important to Edward, but to Asher she got why. "I'll pass that message along Asher, and just for you he can have a slap across the face from me. Sound like a plan?" 

He thinks about it for a minute, and decides to say "I like that idea Rosie, make sure it hurts for me." They both let out a laugh and went on to listening to the history lecture. The teacher honestly didn't seem like he would bother those two, they had the highest grades in this period. 

Once the bell rang they started packing up their things, but Rosalie stopped Asher from leaving. "Would you want to sit with us at lunch? I figured you didn't like the group you were with yesterday, and you were so kind to us, I thought I'd ask," she explains. 

"I would love to Rosie!" His grin reaches his eyes and she smiles back before they both leave. This friendship would be great for both of them, neither have really ever had the chance to have this type of relationship with anyone. Only sticking to what they knew and were comfortable with. 

His classes leading up to lunch were boring, but one thing did happen, a boy named Jace had introduced himself. Saying that he didn't know if yesterday was the best day to approach Asher so he decided today was the day. It turned out he was in a few of his classes and that kind of confused Asher, he wondered why the boy wouldn't have just grown pair and said hi yesterday. Oh well though, Jace was very nice and had these sparkling green eyes that could make anyone swoon. 

"So I was wondering if you wanted to sit with my friends and I at lunch, no pressure though," Jace asked quietly. 

Asher felt a bit conflicted with who to sit with, but he decided on saying "I was actually already planning on sitting with the Cullens, but for sure tomorrow! I totally appreciate you asking though, but I'll see you around Jace!" Asher thought this was the right decision, and he knew that Rosalie would have his head if he didn't sit with them. 

Shock spreads across his face, but recovers with "That's totally cool! It's just super surprising that they're expanding their group, they tend to keep to themselves from the past two years of being here," he explains a bit. 

"Huh I didn't realize they were this closed off, but I've gotta head to the cafeteria to get something good. See ya dude!" Asher exclaims before running off into the busy hallways. Leaving Jace too bewildered to move, that boy was something else for sure. He did think that is was the best decision to become friends with him now, his self doubt was pointless. The boy shoves those thoughts away and began his own journey to find his little group so they could hang around during lunch, he'd tell them he talked to the new boy and that he'll be joining there table tomorrow. 

Asher got to the lunch room before the rest of the school population got there, he was hoping he'd score some popcorn chicken. Maybe that'll be the new go too rather than a gross pre-made salad that probably had mold growing around the green leaves. That thought made him shudder as he walked through the line paying for the chicken and Diet Coke. Some would say he had a problem with the amount of Diet Coke he's drank over his life time, others would say it was just a lifestyle. Because once you get the taste for that drink you can't stop drinking it, but that's really just another way of saying addiction. He didn't care though, his motto was you only live once, so who cares about what he drinks. 

The boy made his way over to the table filled with beautiful people and sat in the chair next to Rose. She smiled towards him and the rest followed her lead. 

"It's so nice seeing you again Asher!" Alice exclaims a grin stretching across are face in excitement. 

"You too Alice. It's nice seeing all of you again," he agrees with a polite smile. 

"Why are you being so nice Ash?" Rosalie asks, he never was this way during history. 

"Oh Blondie it can be a bit intimidating surrounded by people who are this beautiful," he laughs. 

"We know we're gorgeous, so come on loosen up," she laughs with him. 

"Whatever, you're just used to it cause you live with them," he huffs but a small smirk is on his face. Rose let out small laugh, as did the rest of the family. 

"I was wondering why you and your sister moved to Forks? From what I gather you guys loved it there," Jasper asks suddenly. It cause Alice to wack him on the arm, he just held up his hands in defense claiming he didn't mean to be rude or anything. 

"No it's fine Alice, for what's its worth I was the one who always wanted to come here and Bella wanted to stay with Renee, our mother, but with our step dad being a baseball player he travelled a lot. Which made Renee stay home with us and her wanting to travel, so Bella became the bigger person and said we should finally make the move to Forks," he tells them casually. "I know it's not as scandalous as the rumors may be, but that's part of our story," he adds with a grin. 

"That makes much more sense than some girls saying you got thrown out of school for fighting some jocks about some girl or whatever," Emmett comments with a shit eating grin. 

"Well I have gotten into some fights, but never over a girl with that type of interest. Because that would never happen, I'm all for the boys. Sorry Rose if I crushed your dreams," he winks to the smirking blonde. The two boys jaws drop in shock, they didn't even think about that as a possibility. Not to mention Alice not saying anything about it, Emmett is going to talk to her later.  

"I'm devastated Asher, you broke my heart into a million pieces," she states blandly making Asher laugh so loud. 

"Truly a sad day for the females in this school, some were talking about how attractive you were in some of our classes," Emmett states, but there was a twinkle in his eye that Asher couldn't read. 

The five of them joked around for the rest of lunch and then headed to their final classes of the day. Asher enjoyed their company since they all could take a joke, and it was a much better energy than Bellas bland table with the gossiping girls.