Two

Ash was a bit nervous because starting school in the middle of the semester was a bit weird, but nothing he felt compared to how much Isabella was feelings. The first day jitters were consuming her entire being, causing Asher to be wildly amused and poking fun at her. 

While he was getting ready his mind wandered to the friends he might make or the people who take one look and hate him for no reason, because people are dumb. It's as simple as that, but it didn't matter much to the boy. He's faced enough hate in his 18 years that it would make any person shudder, and yet that's the price to pay when you're an openly gay male wanting to make a difference in his life.  

He had also heard from his father about the mysterious Cullen family, how they showed up out of no where but still a kind but odd type of group. It made him wonder if he would be able to befriend one of them, not really knowing they weren't a very talkative bunch. So Asher was in for a surprise. 

There was a knock on his door with a mumble of "I'm about to leave, so hurry up," from Isabella.

"I'm coming Bella!" He quickly calls out and grabbing his bag to barge down the stairs. The sudden noise made the girl jump, but they were soon on their way to Forks High. It was maybe a ten minute drive, but since Bella follows the traffic rules she goes maybe three under the posted limit making it an even longer drive in Asher's eyes. 

"Bella why are you so nervous? It's not like it's going to be super exciting and you'll have me to save you from the spotlight," Asher reasoned, trying to keep his energy light to ease the tension. 

"Ash, we're starting in the middle of a semester, the police chiefs kids, moving from Arizona, so we're going to be swarmed with all these people," she explained. There was a slight shake to her tone, and that made him go a little soft. 

"Iz, you'll be okay I promise, if anyone gets too much for you just send them my way and I will take care of them," he promises.

"Ash! Don't do that!" She squeaks, "You're still so protective and it's still super annoying."

"What! I was literally trying to be nice for once and you call me annoying? What the hell? The disrespect, what happened to respecting your elders, huh?" He defends while laughing a bit. 

"You're only a year older than me, so that doesn't apply and mentally I'm like five years older than you at least. Since you still act like a child," she says with a hearty laugh making her feel a million times lighter. 

"Pfft, you lie Isabella. I'm way more mature just you observe, you're the one about to die because of school," he counters. 

"With good reason you idiot," she laughs again. By this time they were pulling into the parking lot, all eyes were on them. Making the brown eyed girl suddenly still, her nerves tumbling back but this time not as much because of the twos light hearted talk. 

"Bells, it'll be okay I promise. Let's just head to the front office to get our schedules," Asher said with a bright smile. Hoping to bring down his little sisters nerves just a bit more before she goes out alone for the day. Since they were a year a part they wouldn't have any classes together, which made Asher think that was one of Isabella's concerns. In Phoenix they had some electives together courtesy of the older brother making the change with his guidance counselor. He always worried about her being such a loner and only having a couple of friends and being one of the prime victims of the gossip because of her brother. He never wanted anything bad to happen because of him to her, so that was always the reason they had a class together. Considering they were in a new school Asher didn't think he would need to have a class with her, letting her go on his own terms. Of course she was too oblivious to even realize he was the cause of them having one period together. Which always worked out for Asher, because he knew she'd freak out about it. 

"Nice ride," some guy called out. Obviously meant to throw shade towards the newcomers because the truck was a bit out of place.

"T-thanks," she called out. 

"Pay no attention to those hooligans," Asher told her. To comfort her he locks their pinkies together, it was a thing they did when they were younger if either one wasn't feeling good. It brought ease to each other, making everything better. They shared a soft smile before heading towards the office and getting their schedules. With the mission to have their teachers sign a slip making sure that the two actually went to class and the slips were to be brought back when school was over. 

So they were on their way to class when a preppy sounding asian boy joins their walk, "You guys must be Asher and Isabella Swan, right? My names Eric Yorkie, the eyes and ears of this place," the kid was going a mile a minute. 

"It's just Bella," Iz murmured. Very surprised by this kid coming up to them. 

"Well I'm always here if you need a lunch date, tour guide, a shoulder to cry on," he said enthusiastically. 

"I'm more of a suffer in silence type," Bella said. 

"That is the truest statement you've ever said Bells," Asher laughed gaining more attention than need be. 

"That'll be great for the feature!" Eric comments with a giant grin.

Bella's eyes grow wide at that, but Asher steps in before she can say anything. "She doesn't like the idea of her on the school newspaper, sorry! But you can write about me for fun!" 

The boys eyes deflate a bit, "Oh, well okay. Just come by my table during lunch and you can talk to Angela about it," his tone was quieter than his previous comments but Asher didn't care. 

"Well Iz, I have to get to my first class. I'll see you at lunch, and please try not to hurt yourself when I'm gone. Okay?" Asher said with a sly smirk when he see's Bella's red cheeks. 

"Whatever Ash, just leave already," she huffs and walks away. Eric following her like a lost puppy. Man was this going to be an interesting day for the two Swans. 

Asher was making his way to a history room when he catches sights with one girl who was absolutely stunning in every way, and he made it his mission to be her friend. Why would anyone not try to befriend a literal Goddess? But he saved that for when he was in class, so he walked into the room said hey to the teacher. Then showed to a seat in the back where the gorgeous blond was next to him, and to his disbelief she didn't even spare him a glance. 

"Good morning! I'm Asher Swan," he introduced with a smile that made his eyes gleam with charm. But all he got was a quick glance before being ignored, which made his smile turn to a smirk. "You know it's nice to say hello or good morning back." 

She turned her head towards him just enough so he could see the glare, "Good morning," she replied curtly. 

That made him chuckle slightly, "That's a start Blondy!"

"Will you please just pay attention?" She huffs. 

"Maybe if you say your name," he responds. 

She scoffs before uttering "My name is Rosalie Hale," this made him grin with delight. 

"See that wasn't so hard," and that was the end of their little conversation. Rosalie was curious as to why this brown haired boy with charisma oozing out of him still tried to get the tiniest amount of information out of her. No doubt he was going to be a thorn in her side for a while, but something about him didn't make it seem too bad.