One

Today was the day Asher Swan and his little sister, Isabella, are making the move to Forks Washington to live with their father. Of course they were excited, but Asher was elated to be back with his Dad. Ready to get away from his overbearing mom and rude step dad, but he was a little nervous with Isabella going with because she didn't try to get along with their dad.

"Come on you guys we have a plane to catch!" Phil, the step dad, called out to the three trying to get out of the doorway but Renee having a fit with her kids moving.

"We're coming!" Asher answered in a huff, not really wanting to spend an awkward ride in the car with all four of them.

In the end they all got into the wagon and were not speaking to each other, avoiding in a way. Asher was fine with the silence and so was Bella. their mom wasn't on the other hand, but knew somewhat to not start anything in the car with her son not being very fond of Phil. She could feel the resentment brewing in her oldest, even though she never said anything about it. Just pushing it away and living on her fun ways, leaving her little boy to suffer with the consequences of her actions.

After thirty minutes of silence they pull into the airport and start unloading the bags that were being sent with them. The big stuff were already at the Swan house waiting for the two siblings, and one could barely wait to get there. It wasn't a very teary goodbye when Asher said his farewells to the adults compared to what Isabella got, but it was still nice. Now boarding onto the plane it felt like Asher could finally breathe without anyone saying he was wrong to do so.

"I'm sure you're glad we left," Isabella mumbled in the silence.

"I am Bells," he confirmed. Leaving her to release a sigh, "Don't be mad at me for feeling this relief okay?"

"I'm not mad, just upset with how things are turning out to be," she clarified. He just hummed in a satisfied way. The silence growing all the way till they are seated in the patrol car that belonged to Charlie Swan.

That comfortable silence turned awkward in a matter of seconds. Bella was too awkward for her own good to even try and start a conversation and it was the same for Charlie, but at least he tried.

"Your hair has gotten longer," he states while driving past the welcoming sign for Forks.

"Well I've cut it since last time," she says back in an odd tone.

"Oh, guess it grew out again. Looks nice though," he says nicely.

"Oh God, I can't take it anymore," Asher calls out from the back. It was too much for him to take anymore, and it made Charlie laugh. "You guys will be the end of me, the awkwardness that fills this air could literally choke someone."

"It's nice that you guys are home, makes it more homey," Charlie says with a smile. Those two were his pride and joy even if they weren't with him, he loved them more than anything.

The silence got less awkward as they pulled up the house with three bedrooms, one master and two rooms for the kids. With a special door that connected their two rooms. Making for some wild nights as they were kids, but the two wouldn't have it any other way. With Charlie taking their bags up to the house and the pair following behind. Isabella's room was the first to stop at, still having all the little drawings from when she was little. the ancient laptop sitting on a desk, and a bed with purple bedding.

"The sales lady picked this out, hope purple is good with ya," Charlie said as he showed the room to Bella who quickly said purples cool, "and this lamp is a pretty good work lamp." She mutters a thanks and ushering the two to leave so she could settle.

"Here's your room Ash," he did a quick glance around. Noticing his room was still the dark green he left it, and grey bedding on his bed, with a desk in the corner with his own laptop from Arizona. The room was more him than Bellas, since he actually visited their dad.

"Thank you dad! I'm gonna put some clothes away and come down to hang for a bit," Asher said with a grin that Charlie couldn't help but return.

The clothes he had were in the same color scheme his room was, besides the blues and whites that splashed in to give a variety. It was a lovely wardrobe to fill with a lovely room that he had. Asher was so grateful to be back here, because he felt like he truly belonged here rather than in Phoenix.

There was the sound of a loud engine and squeaking wheels, must be the Blacks stopping by to welcome back the kids. Hopping off his bed with excitement, he ran down the stairs with his bright grin.

"Hey long time no see!" He greeted the two as they were getting out of the orange rust bucket.

"Nice to see you again Asher, your dad has been so excited to see you guys he wouldn't shut up about," Billy said with a chuckle.

"Jeez will you shut up before I push you into the street," Charlie said with slight embarrassment.

"Not before I ram you in the ankles," Billy joked.

"Anyway do you and Bella like your present?" Charlie asks.

"Wait seriously!" She exclaimed oozing with excitement.

"Well duh, Jake here even rebuilt the engine for this truck. So I thought it'd be good for you guys," Charlie reasoned making Jake blush at his praise.

"Yea, I'm Jake by the way we made mud pies when we were little," he said towards Bella mainly.

She had this confused look for a minute, and then realization. "Oh yea, hey! Thank you for this, I really love it," she gushed while Jake had lovesick written in his eyes. They go into the truck so Jake could explain how it worked, and Asher stayed outside while helping Billy get into the house to hang out for a bit.

"Thank you again Dad, Billy, this gift was the best thing for us. Bella loves it a lot, I think it'll make things less tense for you two. You know how she is with cars, loves them for some reason, but I don't think much of them. I am grateful though, so thank you," Asher rambles before he stops when he hears Charlies laugh.

"I never realized how much I missed your rambling, it's just as funny, anyway Billy are you staying for dinner?" He asks, an amused glint shimmering in his eyes.

"Not today Charlie, me and Jake have some food in the stove already. But thank you for the offer, I decided to come by cause Jake was getting too antsy to meet Bella again. You don't even realize how many times he practiced that bit about the mud pies, it was priceless nonetheless," Billy explains and giving a hearty chuckle.

"That isn't surprising, but I think Bella doesn't even have a clue to how much that kid is enchanted by her," Asher says with a laugh.

They talked for about 15 more minutes, but Billy announced he and Jake needed to head back to the Res before their dinner burns. They called it a night once they had some pizza, not really feeling like going anywhere since today had been a long day for all three of them. Tomorrow was the Swan kids first day at Forks high, home of the Spartans, Bella was nervous because the only person she knew wouldn't be in any of her classes. He would be in the senior classes and she'd only be in the junior classes, but she wasn't going in alone at least. On Ashers side, he was excited to see some of the old friends he had made during his many trips to Forks. But he was nervous for his sister and her clumsy self, he just had to reassure himself that she would be okay with out him.

Asher was always more of a social butterfly than Isabella and they were both fine with that. He had to be because of the constant need of being accepted by anyone he would meet, it honestly ate him alive but he couldn't stop it from growing. That's why he was so good at being a friend, the charisma he has was earned through that need, not learned from his family. Because if you look at the other swans in the house, you could definitely tell he couldn't have gotten it from them.

He wondered who he would meet and see again? Maybe find a boy that he could like and date, or maybe a girl who could become a new friend. All these questions circled in his brain till he fell into a restless sleep, too excited for tomorrow.

__

Here is the new version of chapter one! Please leave your thoughts in the comments, and if you liked it I'll keep going and if not then I won't. Thank you for reading and I appreciate everyone who comments and votes!