Twenty Four

After the terrible month that was March, Asher had finished his senior year online to keep away from society and had graduated from school. The plan was for him to pretend that he was going to a college in California to keep his secret from Charlie, it was working for the most part.

Now we are going into September of Bellas senior year and her birthday was today, the Cullens were planning on throwing her a little birthday party even though both Swans told them not to do anything special for her. But when you know Alice, you can't not have an extravagant event. So on the morning of Bella 18th Asher stopped by, sneaking in through her window and scaring the life out of her. 

"Happy day of birth baby sister," he told her with a giant grin. They hadn't seen a lot of each other this summer since he was still adapting to his new life and it was hard on the both of them, but you know that Edwards word is God in the little swans world. 

"You really are a weirdo Asher," she grumbled before giving him a hug. He knew she needed it so breathing wasn't a thing for whole embrace for him. 

"Yeah, but I'm your weirdo and no one can top that. Now, I know you hate everything about this day, please enjoy it for me," he whispered to her before shoving a little gift in her hand, "It's just little necklace, so don't go insane. I love you Bells and I really hope today is amazing."

She was truly touched by what Asher had said and it even brought tears to her eyes, "Of course Ash, for you this'll be the best day ever and thank you so much." They unwrapped from each other and she opened the box and it was a cute little ring. It wasn't a big ring but one dainty silver band with a precious sapphire set in the middle. The silver looked like vines incasing the gem making it very down to earth and her style in a simple ring, she was amazed by the gesture. "Asher this is too much and you know it," the gasp still in her tone, "But I love it and thank you!" 

He was very pleased with her reaction, but he knew that the moment was going on for too long and he had to go fast because he could hear his father walking to the door. "I'm so glad Bells, but I've gotta flash and don't be an ass to dad because he'll be here in two seconds," he told her and just like that he was gone like thin air. Bella will always be amazed by her brothers immortality because it suited him so well and it was like life was brought back to him 10 times more. But sometimes she couldn't help but be jealous and those feelings were especially high today, she knows its wrong but it's what she wants most. She never got the full story from Asher on what happened those days he was on the run, but it was a very scary ride for him and thats why she felt so disgusting being jealous over the whole thing. Shoving those feelings to the pit of her stomach she greets Charlie with a smile on her face and gave him a hug knowing he needed one. 

Asher was currently sneaking up on Emmett in the woods and it wasn't working as planned because he was hunting, so right when he got into Emmetts hearing range the gig was up. 

"Ready to get your fill before Bella comes over?" he asked, to be totally honest Emmett was worried about tonight because Asher hadn't been in the same room as her for more than half an hour and this would be a little while knowing his family. 

"Sounds wonderful, what's on the menu today?" Asher asked in return, not taking in the double meaning of his word. 

"Hmmm lets see, you've got deer and more deer today," Emmett spoke with a laugh. 

"Amazing options honestly," he laughed with him. Over the weeks Asher had gotten way better with control and his eye was finally morphing into the honey gold we all know and admire. But they all still worried because he is so new to this lifestyle, it was something him and Jasper really   bonded over because feeling the amount of bloodlust from being a new born or feeling the others puts a toll on you over a while. 

"Onwards!" and just like that they were stalking through the leaves looking for the equivalent of a thanksgiving dinner in their world. At least a few hours had gone by and they had finally got their fill, Asher had taken a bit longer than Emmett because of the concern about being okay enough to be around Bella. Asher was confident that nothing bad would happen to anyone, and thats what he kept saying to Emmett and it finally convinced him that they could run back to the house. 

They had basically moved into the same room together and it had been an amazing time, of course they weren't absolute animals and ruined the living space for everyone. They had their own fun outside of the house running off into different states to get alone time. But just in case there was a bed in their room if it ever needed to be used again. 

Walking through the door felt like chaos overboard, Esme had list of things to do from alice as she was at school. It surprised Asher how much crystalware they actually had and it was all set out meticulously. Rosalie was just hanging around the house not willing to help, because what good was it to her that Bella was coming into their safe space when things are not the best place for a living being at this point in time? Oh, its because Edward was apparently entitled to using it as a play pen for the girl to become more obsessed with the idea of being immortal. 

"Asher! how are you today?" she asked when she heard the pair walk into the house, a shining smile now on her face. 

"As good as one could be when their baby sister is officially 18, and then there's the usual issues of being half crazed all the time," he stated with a little laugh to hide the annoyance about his true answers. 

"Amazing, now come with me to help you look fancy and away from that weird caveman thats following you around," she remarked and at least a minute went by when there was a sharp gasp coming from Emmett. Making the other two laugh as they were walking away. 

"That was brilliant Rosie, you're almost as good as me in the insult department," he teased once they got to her room where there were a few outfits laid out all ranging in some type of formal wear. "Jeez are we going to a gala?"

"Of course we are," she stated mocking Alices upbeat voice. "Now choice one and then you can get cleaned up because you're gross."

"You are an absolute charmer Rose," he mocked back and went to the clothes. Picking out the one he deemed acceptable he went to the shower and started getting a little worried. Something in his gut just didn't sit right with how the air was shifting around them, the fates were trying to tell him something but he couldn't figure it out .