Forty four

Now that the newly weds were on their honeymoon, it was time for everyone to relax and rewind. Asher and Emmett had retired to their cottage because it was time to discuss what was next in their world, would they stay or leave again? This time Rosalie and Luke would join them in either decision they made, because it was clear who the leader was.

"Asher," Emmett called out to him, "Tell me what's going through that head of yours?" 

"I just don't know if I really belong here Em," Asher told him honestly. 

"Well maybe thats true, but there is one thing I know," Emmett spoke while moving towards him and caressed his face. "if you want to go somewhere else I'm right beside you, but you know we have to wait till Bella comes back. You made a promise to her, ok?'

"Alright, thanks Em you are the literal best," Asher said softly before bringing him into a needed embrace. "You know, today was actually quite harder than I thought," he mumbled into his neck. 

"I'm sorry, love," Emmett whispered. 

Asher pulled away and smiled towards Emmett, "There was one good thing though," he spoke mysteriously. 

"And what was that?" 

"Billy told me that he'd let the elders know that I'm basically a hero and I go past the boundary," Asher spoke nonchalantly while watching Emmetts eyes widen at the information. 

"He what? That's incredible Ash!" Emmett exclaimed in excitement, that quickly turned to worry, "Now that I think about it, I don't know if I like the idea of you going there alone." 

"Oh please big boy, I'm perfectly capable of fending for myself," Asher patted his chest still smiling. 

"I know, but still. I don't want those wolves near what's mine," he simply stated. 

"Okay Mr. Possessive, as much as I love this you need to take it down a few notches. Simply because I won't be going there much at all," the explained more to ease Emmetts worry. "Honestly I probably won't even go cause really there's nothing for me there. Besides like billy or his twins that it." 

Emmett physically relaxed at Ashers explanation, "Good, much better. Plus I don't want their nasty smell all over you, I like yours nice and powerful oh wait. That's literally just you" he laughs. 

"Smooth Em, real smooth," Asher comments before taking him in for a sweet kiss. 

That night they just laid in each others arms, because what else is there to do in the dead of night? The next morning Asher decided to have a chat with Luke. Asher wanted to know what he was thinking how he was and especially the sappy love story thats happening between him and Rosalie. 

It was very cute watching the two blondes grow and learn to love each other, because Asher knew Rose was going to be a bit hard to crack considering her very traumatic origin story. But he was sure Luke knew that of course, just using a bit of soul searching and he'd know. So when Asher found the blond boy he was looking for an excited grin grew on his face. 

"Lukey poo! Just the man I was looking for, how are you?" Asher spoke happily. 

"You're too happy this early in the day, can't I just enjoy the sun coming up in peace?" Luke groaned. 

"Nope, not when we haven't had a decent talk since..." Asher thought about it for a moment, "Literally back on the plane, cause I've been brewing up the drama and you've been getting to know my favorite blonde girl." 

"I thought I was your favorite blonde?" Luke asked mockingly hurt. 

"Top three at most dear, now spill everything," Asher demanded playfully. 

Luke just sighed and started telling him most details, he wanted to keep some things private around this group of vampires. But in all honesty, Luke and Rosalie were having an amazing time just learning about each other and exploring the growing romance between them. It was such a nice change of pace for Asher, nothing was like budding love when you're surrounded by chaos. Once Luke was finished with his gooey feelings Asher wanted to ask another question. 

"On a serious note, do you think you and Rose would be willing to leave with me?" 

Luke had to think a moment, because he would of course leave with Asher in a second but he knew Rosalie would be more difficult. "I would yes, but that's a question for Rosie. She's been with this coven for more time out of the three of us, her creator is here. Leaving your creator is a more difficult thing to do when the relationship is so strong." He told Asher. 

"You're right, I'll go find her eventually but I appreciate that you'd go with me Luke. I mean it," Asher told him truthfully.  "man, I didn't even think about about the relationship she has with Carlisle. See when I was turned James, the dude who bit me, was really just trying to murder my sister but I stepped in like I always do." 

"Ah yes, the self sacrificing hero has once again returned," Luke spoke sarcastically making Asher punch his shoulder. 

"Oh shut up, you should know by now that's what I do all the time," he laughed. 

~

this is my updated version of Asher! I couldn't find anyone who really looked like him, so I used the art breeder website to get this image I've created in my head

Anyways, Asher and the gang are probably going to be leaving after everything is all said and done. 

I promise that they will be married by the end of everything!! I swear it

- jordon